Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone remember why he fell out of favor? I remember him having a strong, but then eventually got put in the doghouse, got upset about it, and left
    Being an angry man or an A-hole as you wish .He put some kind of mini-tantrum or "disrespected" Pop, I believe... Kind of same stuff he did in Miami, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you have to specify if you mean falling out of miami or SA?
    Sorry, talking about falling out in SA.

I found some older articles from like 2016-2017 where Spurs were getting praise for "finding another gem" and he started 37 games...then he went from like 25MPG to like 13MPG and he got replaced in the playoffs and ultimately walked in FA.

In one article he says, "“I don’t know what it was, But, it is what it is.”"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, talking about falling out in SA.

I found some older articles from like 2016-2017 where Spurs were getting praise for "finding another gem" and he started 37 games...then he went from like 25MPG to like 13MPG and he got replaced in the playoffs and ultimately walked in FA.

In one article he says, "“I don’t know what it was, But, it is what it is.”"
    He cursed at Pop for taking him out of a game, and recently threw a piece of the trainer’s equipment on the court in Miami. Bad ju ju. Anger issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He cursed at Pop for taking him out of a game, and recently threw a piece of the trainer’s equipment on the court in Miami. Bad ju ju. Anger issues.
    Not just any piece of equipment...a massage gun. Those things aren't cheap OR light, and he cleared like 5 rows of fans/reporters.

Massage guns are awesome though...probably one of my favorite Amazon impulse buys

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize some are more casual fans than others, but the fact that trades like this still need to be explained to some is mind boggling.
    Lol...If you post here you know which posters know how trades work inside and out always fascinated with the deep knowledge I find when it comes to trades and cap room in this forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if there were any special yous to Dedmon by shipping him back to SA. I'm sure lots of teams could have pulled this off this late in the season when he's only owed ~$1.6M in cap hit. Spurs only sending minimum back at $110K. Seems like these two front offices collectively gave Dedmon the BIRD by how they're so business-likw showing him the road, perhaps out of the NBA altogether. Good. Didn't like him anyway. Enjoy China Dewayne.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs can use Dedmon's contract in subsequent trades immediately, so I wouldn't assume this is all they're going to do with him. Like if the Lakers were willing to trade Russ to the Spurs for pieces, I could see them wanting to take Dedmon as part of that. They need center help too. Miami should be giving the Spurs two seconds, since most of the ones they can trade are twisted tangles of conditions. But all things considered, this isn't that bad.
    Given next year is completely unguaranteed, can they trade him BEFORE the new league year (around the draft) to help teams clear salary then too? I know they changed rules on making trade after league year starts for non-guaranteed contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol...If you post here you know which posters know how trades work inside and out always fascinated with the deep knowledge I find when it comes to trades and cap room in this forum.
    Not sure why a deep knowledge of trades should matter to fandom to anyone here. Personally speaking, I understand the game quite well from an X and O, scheme, talent, etc. perspective but didn't have a ung clue beyond the topical salary cap stuff on the business end. Why? Cause I didn't give a to.learn that end then. I've since become way more informed about it but even then, treating the business end of NBA financial transactions as kids play is conceited AF. There are disputes about the specifics on trades or correction tweets from folks that know their inside and out amongst NBA insiders. So someone not knowing the league minimum a team had to send back or something specific to this trade just strikes me as normal. Only a few posters here know stuff without getting it wrong occasionally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just any piece of equipment...a massage gun. Those things aren't cheap OR light, and he cleared like 5 rows of fans/reporters.

Massage guns are awesome though...probably one of my favorite Amazon impulse buys
    Ohhh man. Setting yourself up here Dex #impulsebuy #massage #NicePieceOfEquipment #BDE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ohhh man. Setting yourself up here Dex #impulsebuy #massage #NicePieceOfEquipment #BDE
    The wife loves it too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given next year is completely unguaranteed, can they trade him BEFORE the new league year (around the draft) to help teams clear salary then too? I know they changed rules on making trade after league year starts for non-guaranteed contracts.
    It's very likely the Spurs will have the cap space to trade Dedmon to a team without guaranteeing his contract. They wouldn't be able to use him as a TE unless he was guaranteed, though. You're correct that they changed that rule. I do think Dedmon could be good for a contender at his price. I think LAL would love him with that option value built into his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's very likely the Spurs will have the cap space to trade Dedmon to a team without guaranteeing his contract. They wouldn't be able to use him as a TE unless he was guaranteed, though. You're correct that they changed that rule. I do think Dedmon could be good for a contender at his price. I think LAL would love him with that option value built into his contract.
    Maybe they can pretend to trade Poeltl but put Dedmon in the box instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why a deep knowledge of trades should matter to fandom to anyone here. Personally speaking, I understand the game quite well from an X and O, scheme, talent, etc. perspective but didn't have a ung clue beyond the topical salary cap stuff on the business end. Why? Cause I didn't give a to.learn that end then. I've since become way more informed about it but even then, treating the business end of NBA financial transactions as kids play is conceited AF. There are disputes about the specifics on trades or correction tweets from folks that know their inside and out amongst NBA insiders. So someone not knowing the league minimum a team had to send back or something specific to this trade just strikes me as normal. Only a few posters here know stuff without getting it wrong occasionally.
    I get your point, to each their own and no need to be a cap guru to be considered a fan, but there's another part to the game, the managment, some fans like digging in to dissert and elaborate about cap and trades, playing virtual GMs and strategy games for the "intellectual" par of it and probably a bit to play your smart ass... That's just two different experiences. I wouldn't call me an expert, far from it, but that strategy part can be "stimulating" when you try to imagine or guess the next moves within the confines of the NBA rules. And when you guess right... Yeah, I'm validated!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get your point, to each their own and no need to be a cap guru to be considered a fan, but there's another part to the game, the managment, some fans like digging in to dissert and elaborate about cap and trades, playing virtual GMs and strategy games for the "intellectual" par of it and probably a bit to play your smart ass... That's just two different experiences. I wouldn't call me an expert, far from it, but that strategy part can be "stimulating" when you try to imagine or guess the next moves within the confines of the NBA rules. And you guess right... Yeah, Im' validated!
    Don't get me wrong, I beat my chest routinely when I turn out to be right about someone's skills translated to the court. And were I deeply informed on the business end and nailed the finances of a trade or whatever I'd beat my chest for that too.

I just think of those of you that do know the ins and outs of it, even you guys routinely have to check each other because of some clause here or there. It's like ing differential equations and rocket science had a baby when they developed the NBA business end. I see correction tweets from Shams and Woj. And you guys check each other.

It's a rabbit hole and kudos to those on this board that keep the rest of us fairly informed. It's much appreciated from my perspective.

Just don't necessarily get the shade being thrown about having to explain this trade TD 21 to the anyone on the board not knowing the very complex rules that guided it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they can pretend to trade Poeltl but put Dedmon in the box instead.
    If you're putting Dedmon in anything, I'd think it'd be a Jamaican casket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're putting Dedmon in anything, I'd think it'd be a Jamaican casket.
    Or a straitjacket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Really?
    My wife dances pro and semi-pro Salsa and Tango and she gets ridiculous knots in her shoulders.
    She just won't go to a massage therapist so I've bought her all sorts of massage machines and they're OK, but nothing that fixes her.

Would you recommend this for her issues?

I've always thought of them as some sort of gimmick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?
    My wife dances pro and semi-pro Salsa and Tango and she gets ridiculous knots in her shoulders.
    She just won't go to a massage therapist so I've bought her all sorts of massage machines and they're OK, but nothing that fixes her.

Some things are best left for the DM!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some things are best left for the DM!!!!
    Lol. You perv!
    Ha ha ha!

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoelstra: Hey Pop, I need help getting Dedmon out of the Association.

Pop:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoelstra: Hey Pop, I need help getting Dedmon out of the Association.

Pop:
    This is precisely how it went down in my head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised no one in this thread has brought up the old Deadman nickname yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason the Heat dealt Dedmon to the Spurs was to get an open roster spot and cap space quickly - QUICKLY - giving the Heat a little more time to try to arrange other deals, like a trade to move Lowry, for example, before the deadline.

A quick deal, leaving more time for other possible deals. It’s that simple.

The Spurs were the only game in town for a quick, easy deal using floor space. The Pacers might have done it, I think, but they gave Turner a new deal a week ago, which took them out of the picture.

Nobody else has floor space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason the Heat dealt Dedmon to the Spurs was to get an open roster spot and cap space quickly - QUICKLY - giving the Heat a little more time to try to arrange other deals, like a trade to move Lowry, for example, before the deadline.

A quick deal, leaving more time for other possible deals. It’s that simple.

The Spurs were the only game in town for a quick, easy deal using floor space. The Pacers might have done it, I think, but they gave Turner a new deal a week ago, which took them out of the picture.

Nobody else has floor space.
    It helps the Spurs, too, getting it done this quickly -- they can still flip Dedmon in some way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?

I got a mid-priced one (like $100), but they can run into the hundreds. Can't imagine how much a professional one runs.

Great for sore muscles, working out kinks, etc. We've found it especially helpful for legs, back, and shoulder pain and/or soreness and just general relief. Also, relatively easy to figure out and use

10/10, would recommend

Thread Information