Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should have a night for LMA next year (when everyone can attend).

It's almost a requirement when a borderline HOFer retires in your uni after at least five years of continuous service. (Especially when you were only one of two teams he played for.)

The only question is will it involve the rafters (alas, probably not).
    Yeah, hard pass. As for rafters, sorry, #12 is already legitimately up there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couple of things go differently in 2016 or 2017 and he’s a no brainer getting his jersey in the rafters

As it stands... I’m not gonna be surprised to see it happen with ownership wanting to look gracious or something. But I won’t lose sleep over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wished he would have retired as a spur. Wouldnt that have relieved the spurs of paying him what was left on the contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn. right decision by him though.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he's naturally a big guy but if he worked a bit harder to slim down to the weight Duncan was at in his final couple years, it may have helped the heart issues some. Seems like LMA always had a piss poor diet with how often he came into camp overweight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, hard pass. As for rafters, sorry, #12 is already legitimately up there.
    He absolutely should not have his jersey retired and he himself probably has no interest in returning to SA for an LMA night featuring one of these BS tribute videos. I wish him good health but he is not anywhere close to an all-time great Spur for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couple of things go differently in 2016 or 2017 and he’s a no brainer getting his jersey in the rafters

As it stands... I’m not gonna be surprised to see it happen with ownership wanting to look gracious or something. But I won’t lose sleep over it.
    He definitely would’ve had we rang but I think there’s very little chance he gets his jersey retired by the Spurs. Much better chance in Portland tbh. They don’t get All-Star caliber players very often so I think they’ll eventually retire his.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wished he would have retired as a spur. Wouldnt that have relieved the spurs of paying him what was left on the contract?
    He gave back a solid chunk via buyout already which was probably similar to the remaining 20 games left on his contract anyways.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the softest stars in NBA history. The face of the death of Spurs culture. A monster against poor to above average teams, but would always let you down in must-win big games.

Reading this thread is sad, how far have Spurs fans fallen? They used to celebrate les, now they’re talking about how grateful they are that a man simply chose to be on their team, ignoring that he asked for a trade because he wasn’t getting enough touches on a WCFs team

The Nets had little chance of winning a le with Aldridge, he’s as cancerous as it gets on an NBA team. Blessing in disguise for them. Smart move by him, though, shouldn’t with the heart when you can comfortably retire with generational wealth.
    Demanding to wear the number of a retired player was always a bad look too. Says a lot about LMA's inflated ego.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball-reference has him at about 50% in the HOF monitor list. Dame is at 90%. .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the softest stars in NBA history. The face of the death of Spurs culture. A monster against poor to above average teams, but would always let you down in must-win big games.

Reading this thread is sad, how far have Spurs fans fallen? They used to celebrate les, now they’re talking about how grateful they are that a man simply chose to be on their team, ignoring that he asked for a trade because he wasn’t getting enough touches on a WCFs team

The Nets had little chance of winning a le with Aldridge, he’s as cancerous as it gets on an NBA team. Blessing in disguise for them. Smart move by him, though, shouldn’t with the heart when you can comfortably retire with generational wealth.
    What a disappointment that you are still alive. I had hope that you had passed away since you hadn't posted here in a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect, LMA dragging the 2017-18 team to 47 wins has to be one of the most impressive non-championship accomplishments in team history. Who was the second best player on that team? Kyle Anderson? Danny Green?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad stuff.

hopefully he stays healthy and enjoys life with his family. , maybe he can come on as a big man coach here in San Antonio?!

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect, LMA dragging the 2017-18 team to 47 wins has to be one of the most impressive non-championship accomplishments in team history. Who was the second best player on that team? Kyle Anderson? Danny Green?
    Are we ignoring DRob carrying scrubs to numerous 55 win seasons? Seems like the revisionist history narrative for LMA has already begun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paragraph about Portland. One sentence about SA. Paragraph about Brooklyn, where he’s been for a few days.
    This.
    The slurping on this thread is sad. What was Spurs winning culture is now soo soy'd out. Highest paid player on team (for a while) but comes into camp in less then stellar shape. Wines about touches derailing a Kwa MVP and likely Championship season. Packs for Cancun in Game 7 vs Denver.

He gave back so much.
    "Thanks for the 100 million Spurs."
    What did he finally make in salary this season? You know since he gave back so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks for him, but prioritizing health is always the right decision.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Portland. Thanks Brooklyn.

Crickets.

Jesus, you’re an insufferable got. You read as well as you evaluate players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamarcus made the All-star team playing for the Spurs. Really underrated his entire career. Would've been a major asset for the Nets, maybe even the difference maker to get them over the hump.

Does he make the hall of fame?
    I'd say 7x All-Star 5x All-NBA is more than enough to get in but he always flew a bit under the radar throughout his career perception-wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad he got to play with Nets for a few games before he retired. He looked to be having fun playing on that super team. Hope he gets healthy. I still think he would be a good player development coach for us. Imagine being a young big showing up with Robinson, Duncan, LMA giving you advice.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Rudy steals this idea and retires also!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scary to have any heart issues. Smart move honestly.. Just 49 Pts away from 20,000.. I wondered if he needed to stat pad another few years to make the HOF one day..

7 time AS, 5 all NBA selection, no 1st team selections. 19 PTS and 8 Reb for his career.. Didn't win a ring..

Does he make the Hall?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never liked him as a player, and despised his at ude, but best wishes to him and his family on that health condition. It's the right thing to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we ignoring DRob carrying scrubs to numerous 55 win seasons? Seems like the revisionist history narrative for LMA has already begun.
    Keywords being "one of." Holding LMA to standards set by champions who were top 10-15 players of all-time is unfair, tbh. No one should argue that LMA belongs in the same paragraph as David Robinson but that doesn't mean what he accomplished can't be appreciated. For what he was, he did about as well as could have fairly been expected.

Spurs fans like to act like the LMA era was an insufferable period of unadulterated torture when, in reality, it'd rank as the high point in the history of about half the franchises in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had his issues. He did ask to be traded and was the first introduction to the modern NBA me star in SA. But post DPG that was to be expected. But he was always professional about it and worked through it. He definitely gets graded on a curve because he had to learn what it took to play at high level. He was not always in shape but once he figured it out he carried the team.

But he stuck it out when Kahwi bailed and he deserves large praise for that and I hope he has a great post NBA life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon man, he said "I want to thank the Spurs for letting me into the family and giving me 5 fun years"
    LOL he did immediately take a shot at the Spurs in the Brooklyn thank you tho

Thread Information