Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nico was the classic everyman player in the NBA. Not athletic, okay shooter, but enough smarts to get by and be a decent role player. Good luck, Nico! You were loved in San Antonio, even for a little while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man, cassi isnt exactly a decent defender.

Tucker...yeah.
    Casspi isn't a great defender, but he has the defensive size and athletic ability that negates some defensive deficiencies.

I don't want another undersized wing situation like the Spurs had when they trotted out Hill, Mason, Bogans off the bench in 2010. Size is very important on the perimeter on the defensive end, as long as its athletic size -- which Casspi has.

And yes, Tucker is the better, good defender.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see Garino get a call up.
    He's terrible.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Casspi isn't a great defender, but he has the defensive size and athletic ability that negates some defensive deficiencies.

I don't want another undersized wing situation like the Spurs had when they trotted out Hill, Mason, Bogans off the bench in 2010. Size is very important on the perimeter on the defensive end, as long as its athletic size -- which Casspi has.
    Casspi is a slower footed version of Parsons. He can guard backup 3s but against starters, he would be best utilized having him play the 4 (against Ryan Anderson/Draymond) then switching PnRs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Casspi is a slower footed version of Parsons. He can guard backup 3s but against starters, he would be best utilized having him play the 4 (against Ryan Anderson/Draymond) then switching PnRs.
    Casspi would be used in those situations as a small ball 4, but like Parsons he is athletic even if he's slow footed. He's not a statue type of small ball 4 like Novak.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh. Butler's grandpa passed away last season and the team still cut him. Same with Jackson (even though his at ude was poor) losing an unborn child and the team cut him too.
    Yeah, I'm still not happy about Butler being cut.

His grandfather was also a huge Spurs fan from what I read and he wanted Butler to play for the Spurs. He didn't get to see Butler play for the Spurs much or the great regular season the team had, but he wouldn't have been happy with Butler being cut. Actually, maybe he was watching and taught Pop a lesson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was just compe ion for Murray i guess.

I donīt hate the guy but felt he was given a chance because he put effort in the summer, and thatīs it, nothing to see here.

I guess they are set with Murray as 3rd string and maybe are planning to add a combo guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good review on Forbes and Murray recent games in the dleague:
    http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/...dleague-report

Forbes is a very good shooter who was almost at 60% from 3 in the Dleague the past couple of games. He hasn't played nearly enough in the big team to deduce anything but his defensive numbers are poor even in the dleague and it's a problem if he's played as a wing.

He reminds me of Seth Curry, both extremely undersized shooters... he may need to diversify his offensive game to be more like Seth who can put the ball on the floor and is a more versatile offensive player. Definitely just shooting is not enough..

Murray has shown a lot of potential in the dleague but his shooting is pretty poor and he still has TO prone nights. However he's more familiar with the teams offensive concepts which has helped him some games.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 12-27-2016 at 10:32 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Am I the only one underwhelmed by the idea of signing Deron? Meh...
    The Spurs STARTING point guard is rated as a BELOW replacement level player which isn't the case for Deron: http://bkref.com/tiny/I1Xee

Deron's shooting % would be better if he was getting the same looks that Simmons gets on a regular basis & passes up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am hearing he just got an offer for Europe for roughly the same money but promised starting spot.

PATFO just did him a favor, TBH.
    This, I would be surprised otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I the only one underwhelmed by the idea of signing Deron? Meh...
    No, you are not. Bad idea, he's finished like TP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 5 hhace 5 horas
    Timing of Spurs' release of Nico Laprovittola allows for him to find overseas deal, if he chooses - and gives team roster flexibility at 14.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    dwill isn't the optimal option but outside of a trade... there isn't a lot to be had. he can be serviceable this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs STARTING point guard is rated as a BELOW replacement level player which isn't the case for Deron: http://bkref.com/tiny/I1Xee

Deron's shooting % would be better if he was getting the same looks that Simmons gets on a regular basis & passes up.
    You are right.
    Deron having a better season playing more minutes in a worse team than Tony is. I have no doubt if Spurs could, they would pick him up like they did with Andre Miller last season. Pop does love his vets and Murray is green. I don't think they will put a great pressure on him. I Am starting to suspect Lapro might have even asked to get waived to play elsewhere like DeColo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope to see in europe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by SAGirl; 12-28-2016 at 12:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised he lasted this long to begin with.. He could come off the bench for teams, maybe even start.. Its all over now.
    Please dont bring back Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deron is having a better season playing more minutes on a worse team than Tony is. Pop does love his vets and Murray is green. I don't think they will put a great deal of pressure on him.
    So the Spurs are going to sign Williams and take minutes from Parker or Mills? Not going to happen. Where is all of this Williams talk coming from? It really doesn't make much sense.

When a player produces on a garbage team couldn't we also argue that he wouldn't be able to produce on that level for a le contender? Who's to say Parker wouldn't be just as if not more productive than Williams playing for the Nets? He'd be one of if not THE focal point of the offense playing in a weak conference. We don't know what he'd do.

Hasn't Williams already proven to have some personality issues or problems fitting in with other teams? Does that sound like a Spurs guy?

I wasn't around this board in 01-02 but I'm curious to know how some reacted to Parker being thrust into the lineup as a rookie. The Spurs aren't even asking Murray to do that. They're just asking him to be the new Cory.

If Cory can actually get some minutes in a ing Finals 2 years out of college and have everyone worried if he could even dribble, what is the issue with Murray getting some playoff minutes?

What was this boards main issue with Joseph? He just didn't initiate anything for himself within the offense. He "ran" the offense but it wasn't enough. Cory would bust his ass on defense but did anyone even care? We wanted to see him have more confidence on offense.

Murray does not lack confidence and that's not something to take for granted. He's fearless. Of course, he's not ready to be a team leader at a position that usually demands it but can he be the "head of the snake?" Can he attack like a young Parker used to be able to? Obviously.

He's the 3rd string point guard why is this even an issue?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just started it would not surprise me based on Spurs recent moves for veterans... I am not making an argument here....
    I find it hard to believe they pick a dleague project for that 15th spot bc they already have a lot of youngsters.
    To me both Tony and Manu have been shaky... and Tony has looked fragile (getting hurt often with small nags)...
    It wouldn't surprise me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just started it would not surprise me based on Spurs recent moves for veterans... I am not making an argument here....
    I find it hard to believe they pick a dleague project for that 15th spot bc they already have a lot of youngsters.
    To me both Tony and Manu have been shaky... and Tony has looked fragile (getting hurt often with small nags)...
    It wouldn't surprise me.
    I was a Cory fan and now I'm a Murray fan. I'm always for kids getting a shot. As much as we complain about Parker being finished and losing a step if Pop feels he should get a few more minutes I'm all for it. I mean this Argentine wasn't even playing so it's not like there are even minutes to be had.

Like everyone is saying this is just for the Parker days off and...here's hoping there are several more of those. I hate to be overly critical of Parker but I just feel Murrays energy would give them a boost. He has so much confidence on offense I don't see anyway this is a negative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Pop finally caved on bringing Bonner back

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i was surprised the spurs kept him over garino, i was surprised he looked better in the nba than i thought he would, i was surprised he was waived before forbes.

this should ultimately mean murray will get more minutes, by default.

looking forward even more to games where parker sits out. we'll see patty start and murray as backup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather pay for a year's subscription to Forbes magazine than see Forbes the basketball player on the roster right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather pay for a year's subscription to Forbes magazine than see Forbes the basketball player on the roster right now.
    He's the 14th guy on the roster, chill the out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he refused to acknowledge that Manu and Danny are better than him
    Rofl

Thread Information