Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) False, and generally advanced by homeschooling lobby (which is largely centered around religious conservatives). Impossible to test accurately since homeschooling is pretty much completely unregulated in the US, and heavily tilts towards the wealthy. (https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...homeschooling/).
    2) Main concern of parents doing homeschooling (as answered by them) is not education quality, but school environment (https://nces.ed.gov/FastFacts/display.asp?id=91)

Fact is, the #1 concern for homeschooled children's parents is the social values their kids are going to learn and be exposed to, not their education quality. Which is why other first world countries like Germany pretty much ban homeschooling entirely.
    Authoritarian countries that think they should control your children isn't exactly the blueprint I want to follow tbh. If you have a problem with homeschooling then school choice will decrease the percentage of people that seek that option.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    McAuliffe is pure s and the party should have told him there’d be to pay if he ran

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny how a section of posters here loves posting tweets because they cant actually articulate their point without posting someone else's warped and purposefully intellectually dishonest opinion on a subject
    Winehole23

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Authoritarian countries that think they should control your children isn't exactly the blueprint I want to follow tbh. If you have a problem with homeschooling then school choice will decrease the percentage of people that seek that option.
    What you want is immaterial to the discussion on what's ultimately best for kids overall. I have a problem with people talking out of their asses and not being truthful and honest on why they do what they do. It's their socially awkward children that end up suffering in the long run.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you want is immaterial to the discussion on what's ultimately best for kids overall. I have a problem with people talking out of their asses and not being truthful and honest on why they do what they do. It's their socially awkward children that end up suffering in the long run.
    We don't have an authoritarian system in place to optimize what is best for kids. If we did we would be mandating procedures that prevent pregnancy outside of marriage. Therefore it's foolish to bring forth half baked authoritarian systems. With that in mind the logical destination is more freedom. Homeschooling is an option under the umbrella of freedom. School choice is another option that allows more freedom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't have an authoritarian system in place to optimize what is best for kids. If we did we would be mandating procedures that prevent pregnancy outside of marriage. Therefore it's foolish to bring forth half baked authoritarian systems. With that in mind the logical destination is more freedom. Homeschooling is an option under the umbrella of freedom. School choice is another option that allows more freedom.
    Authoritarian is precluding children from having the best education they can have, and it has a lasting impact on them, well beyond the life of the re that didn't prepare them to face the reality around them and end up ruining their lives.

How you or I feel about society's values doesn't matter. If you're a transphobe, xenophobe, racist, etc you're barely employable in today's labor market and likely unemployable in the future. At least for high paying, high profile jobs. You're simply a liability.

This isn't something we're going to be rehashing again either, just like we moved on from slavery or discussing if women should have a lesser role in society. It's ok if you want to stick around in the stone age, it's not ok to hold your child hostage in that era.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Authoritarian is precluding children from having the best education they can have, and it has a lasting impact on them, well beyond the life of the re that didn't prepare them to face the reality around them and end up ruining their lives.

How you or I feel about society's values doesn't matter. If you're a transphobe, xenophobe, racist, etc you're barely employable in today's labor market and likely unemployable in the future. At least for high paying, high profile jobs. You're simply a liability.

This isn't something we're going to be rehashing again either, just like we moved on from slavery or discussing if women should have a lesser role in society. It's ok if you want to stick around in the stone age, it's not ok to hold your child hostage in that era.
    Authoritarian is the government forcing children that are not theirs to go to schools that they have blindly determined were better than what their parents decided. It's moronic to position choices made by families as authoritarian.

Under your authoritarian nanny state the government is controlling everything from education, nutrition, and physical activities they deem too dangerous until children have fully formed brains in their mid 20s.

"How you or I feel about society's values doesn't matter."

That's because you are an authoritarian. Imagine thinking your morals are irrelevant if the government decides they are wrong.

"you're barely employable in today's labor market and likely unemployable in the future. At least for high paying, high profile jobs."

Major corporations across the country are preaching anti-white doctrine. The morals that make one employable at these de able companies should be irrelevant in how someone raises their children. The fact that you use this benchmark as guidance for your authoritarian agenda is why your ideology is inferior to freedom based systems.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Preparing them to be employable at the anti-white corporations. It's authoritarian to deny them this education.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Authoritarian is the government forcing children that are not theirs to go to schools that they have blindly determined were better than what their parents decided. It's moronic to position choices made by families as authoritarian.

Under your authoritarian nanny state the government is controlling everything from education, nutrition, and physical activities they deem too dangerous until children have fully formed brains in their mid 20s.
    Your're the poster child for why what you preach has always been a terrible idea. You went from BernieBro to Nazi, do not stop at go, do not collect $200.

People change, and when they lack brains and/or personality, they can change in a whim. That's the example you want to set to your children?

That's why we try to expose children growing up to real life, history, conflict, peers, etc, so they can be productive members of the society they're going to live in, instead of being sad, whiny lifetime carriers of the victim card.

"How you or I feel about society's values doesn't matter."

That's because you are an authoritarian. Imagine thinking your morals are irrelevant if the government decides they are wrong.
    No, I'm a realist. Everybody has an opinion about any given set of values or societal rules du jour. Yet everybody also has to go out the door, go to work and make ends meet.

Being in denial of the society you live in doesn't change it. I adapt to the society I have to live and work in, you whine, whine, whine... that's primarily the difference.

It has zero to do with trying to crowbar "authoritarian" in every post, but recognizing we live in a societal compact, whether you or I like it or not.

More productive would be for you to move to Alabama and enjoy the bona fides of an archaic society tilted towards ignorance and white-power.

"you're barely employable in today's labor market and likely unemployable in the future. At least for high paying, high profile jobs."

Major corporations across the country are preaching anti-white doctrine. The morals that make one employable at these de able companies should be irrelevant in how someone raises their children. The fact that you use this benchmark as guidance for your authoritarian agenda is why your ideology is inferior to freedom based systems.
    Again, nobody, especially these companies, care about your whiny victimhood card, revisionist history or your "values" at this point in time. They deal in historical fact and real life studies, not anecdotal tweets from re s. They adapt to the society around them because they have to conduct business in it.

You want to get a job there and keep it, you know the ground rules beforehand. If you don't want to work there, you have the freedum to head to the 7/11 around the corner or a lifetime of joy working in McDonalds. Or you can opt to be whitetrash living in the trailer park collecting dem checks from the gubmint. See? lots of freedoms.

For the kids, it would be good that they understand how this society works and what their choices will lead to. Because mommy or daddy are re ed and a failure, it doesn't mean they have to be, that's the barrier that we're trying to break here.

Preparing them to be employable at the anti-white corporations. It's authoritarian to deny them this education.
    Exhibit A supporting my post.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your're the poster child for why what you preach has always been a terrible idea. You went from BernieBro to Nazi, do not stop at go, do not collect $200.

People change, and when they lack brains and/or personality, they can change in a whim. That's the example you want to set to your children?

That's why we try to expose children growing up to real life, history, conflict, peers, etc, so they can be productive members of the society they're going to live in, instead of being sad, whiny lifetime carriers of the victim card.

No, I'm a realist. Everybody has an opinion about any given set of values or societal rules du jour. Yet everybody also has to go out the door, go to work and make ends meet.

Being in denial of the society you live in doesn't change it. I adapt to the society I have to live and work in, you whine, whine, whine... that's primarily the difference.

It has zero to do with trying to crowbar "authoritarian" in every post, but recognizing we live in a societal compact, whether you or I like it or not.

More productive would be for you to move to Alabama and enjoy the bona fides of an archaic society tilted towards ignorance and white-power.

Again, nobody, especially these companies, care about your whiny victimhood card, revisionist history or your "values" at this point in time. They deal in historical fact and real life studies, not anecdotal tweets from re s. They adapt to the society around them because they have to conduct business in it.

You want to get a job there and keep it, you know the ground rules beforehand. If you don't want to work there, you have the freedum to head to the 7/11 around the corner or a lifetime of joy working in McDonalds. Or you can opt to be whitetrash living in the trailer park collecting dem checks from the gubmint. See? lots of freedoms.

For the kids, it would be good that they understand how this society works and what their choices will lead to. Because mommy or daddy are re ed and a failure, it doesn't mean they have to be, that's the barrier that we're trying to break here.

"You're the poster child for why what you preach has always been a terrible idea."

I went through the public education system. I preach against the public education system.

"People change, and when they lack brains and/or personality, they can change in a whim. That's the example you want to set to your children?"

You're blindly asserting "in a whim". You don't know where I was at politically previously and exaggerate me now as a "nazi". There is really no substance to your argument beyond the general direction because you don't know any details plus you engage in bad faith. But yes, I want children to be able to look at reality of politics and not be trapped like a cult member.

"That's why we try to expose children growing up to real life, history, conflict, peers, etc, so they can be productive members of the society they're going to live in, instead of being sad, whiny lifetime carriers of the victim card."

College students across the country are asking for racial segregated spaces/graduations, trigger warnings, etc. The number one grievance for leftist feminists for decades is a wage gap myth. Black Americans think cops are hunting them down orders of magnitude beyond reality. Save me the bull about exposing children to reality and not having them be "lifetime carriers of the victim card".

"No, I'm a realist. Everybody has an opinion about any given set of values or societal rules du jour. Yet everybody also has to go out the door, go to work and make ends meet."

No, you support an authoritarian system. I support a system based on freedom. The morals of the public education system and the corporations that you want as the blueprint for the government to impose on the children of others is unethical. Even if you disagree with that reality my system allows opportunity for diverse set of views that could be the agent of change against unethical teachings. Your authoritarian system does not provide such defenses. Your authoritarian system simply doesn't function as well as a freedom based system.

It's not your responsibility to be concerned out about the future of others. They can start their own businesses. They can start their own communities. They can move to other countries.

"Being in denial of the society you live in doesn't change it. I adapt to the society I have to live and work in, you whine, whine, whine... that's primarily the difference."

Anyone can bend the knee to society if they choose. You don't need the public education system to do that. Living life on your own terms that oppose the grain of society does not require "denial of the society you live in". The people that oppose certain aspects of society are usually quite aware of what they oppose.

"Again, nobody, especially these companies, care about your whiny victimhood card, revisionist history or your "values" at this point in time. They deal in historical fact and real life studies, not anecdotal tweets from re s. They adapt to the society around them because they have to conduct business in it."

Businesses adapt to what is popular. You want to shape your morals based that. That's pure idiocy.

"For the kids, it would be good that they understand how this society works and what their choices will lead to. Because mommy or daddy are re ed and a failure, it doesn't mean they have to be, that's the barrier that we're trying to break here."

Again you are not responsible for imposing what "is popular" as the morals for the children of others. That's your authoritarian nature. And the systems you build on that basis will not function.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You're the poster child for why what you preach has always been a terrible idea."

I went through the public education system. I preach against the public education system.

"People change, and when they lack brains and/or personality, they can change in a whim. That's the example you want to set to your children?"

You're blindly asserting "in a whim". You don't know where I was at politically previously and exaggerate me now as a "nazi". There is really no substance to your argument beyond the general direction because you don't know any details plus you engage in bad faith. But yes, I want children to be able to look at reality of politics and not be trapped like a cult member.
    You were here all the time, we can go look up your posts if you haven't deleted them yet out of embarrassment. We don't need the revisionist version, it's here for everyone to see.

Calling other people "cult members" because you're in a cult doesn't make them cult members. You need to be in the fringe, that's what makes it a cult. You're in the fringe, most everyone else is not.

"That's why we try to expose children growing up to real life, history, conflict, peers, etc, so they can be productive members of the society they're going to live in, instead of being sad, whiny lifetime carriers of the victim card."

College students across the country are asking for racial segregated spaces/graduations, trigger warnings, etc. The number one grievance for leftist feminists for decades is a wage gap myth. Black Americans think cops are hunting them down orders of magnitude beyond reality. Save me the bull about exposing children to reality and not having them be "lifetime carriers of the victim card".
    Anecdote after anecdote. This is what happens when you're groomed by a cult and stop thinking for yourself.

"No, I'm a realist. Everybody has an opinion about any given set of values or societal rules du jour. Yet everybody also has to go out the door, go to work and make ends meet."

No, you support an authoritarian system. I support a system based on freedom. The morals of the public education system and the corporations that you want as the blueprint for the government to impose on the children of others is unethical. Even if you disagree with that reality my system allows opportunity for diverse set of views that could be the agent of change against unethical teachings. Your authoritarian system does not provide such defenses. Your authoritarian system simply doesn't function as well as a freedom based system.

It's not your responsibility to be concerned out about the future of others. They can start their own businesses. They can start their own communities. They can move to other countries.
    It's not my responsibility? Is that what you plan to teach your children? This is exactly what I'm talking about being unprepared to face the society we live in.

Also a completely hypocritical claim that flies in the face of the constant whining you do every time you post. If it's not your responsibility, why are you here constantly whining to random people on the internet?

This is a social compact, and it has always been. That implicitly means that we're not a bunch of loners, we're a group of people working together towards what we feel generally is a better future.

We can agree or disagree what "better" means, but, once again, pretending to be in denial doesn't change anything.

The fact that you have no idea how a society works doesn't escape me, but future children don't have to suffer for it.

And @ still trying to crowbar in "authoritarian" in every post.

"Being in denial of the society you live in doesn't change it. I adapt to the society I have to live and work in, you whine, whine, whine... that's primarily the difference."

Anyone can bend the knee to society if they choose. You don't need the public education system to do that. Living life on your own terms that oppose the grain of society does not require "denial of the society you live in". The people that oppose certain aspects of society are usually quite aware of what they oppose.

"Again, nobody, especially these companies, care about your whiny victimhood card, revisionist history or your "values" at this point in time. They deal in historical fact and real life studies, not anecdotal tweets from re s. They adapt to the society around them because they have to conduct business in it."

Businesses adapt to what is popular. You want to shape your morals based that. That's pure idiocy.
    Nothing like that. There are plenty of moral codes that I don't agree with it in this society. Yet I learned a long time ago life isn't about everything I want, but what I can get.

It's part of growing up as an individual, hopefully you get there sometime, tbh...

Idiocy is making the same mistake over and over and expecting a different result. ie: you can keep whining about this perceived "reverse racism" and hope one day people don't continue to laugh in your face. Spoiler: it's not happening.

"For the kids, it would be good that they understand how this society works and what their choices will lead to. Because mommy or daddy are re ed and a failure, it doesn't mean they have to be, that's the barrier that we're trying to break here."

Again you are not responsible for imposing what "is popular" as the morals for the children of others. That's your authoritarian nature. And the systems you build on that basis will not function.
    I never claimed to be responsible for imposing anything, that's your strawman.

What I said is that being in denial of the society around you is materially stupid and has consequences that directly affect you, whether you want to assume responsibility for it or not.

Accountability for your own decisions is unavoidable. You want the freedom to hate, but not deal with the consequences, that's just not how society works, sorry.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were here all the time, we can go look up your posts if you haven't deleted them yet out of embarrassment. We don't need the revisionist version, it's here for everyone to see.

Calling other people "cult members" because you're in a cult doesn't make them cult members. You need to be in the fringe, that's what makes it a cult. You're in the fringe, most everyone else is not.

Anecdote after anecdote. This is what happens when you're groomed by a cult and stop thinking for yourself.

It's not my responsibility? Is that what you plan to teach your children? This is exactly what I'm talking about being unprepared to face the society we live in.

Also a completely hypocritical claim that flies in the face of the constant whining you do every time you post. If it's not your responsibility, why are you here constantly whining to random people on the internet?

This is a social compact, and it has always been. That implicitly means that we're not a bunch of loners, we're a group of people working together towards what we feel generally is a better future.

We can agree or disagree what "better" means, but, once again, pretending to be in denial doesn't change anything.

The fact that you have no idea how a society works doesn't escape me, but future children don't have to suffer for it.

And @ still trying to crowbar in "authoritarian" in every post.

Nothing like that. There are plenty of moral codes that I don't agree with it in this society. Yet I learned a long time ago life isn't about everything I want, but what I can get.

It's part of growing up as an individual, hopefully you get there sometime, tbh...

Idiocy is making the same mistake over and over and expecting a different result. ie: you can keep whining about this perceived "reverse racism" and hope one day people don't continue to laugh in your face. Spoiler: it's not happening.

I never claimed to be responsible for imposing anything, that's your strawman.

What I said is that being in denial of the society around you is materially stupid and has consequences that directly affect you, whether you want to assume responsibility for it or not.

Accountability for your own decisions is unavoidable. You want the freedom to hate, but not deal with the consequences, that's just not how society works, sorry.
    "You were here all the time, we can go look up your posts if you haven't deleted them yet out of embarrassment. We don't need the revisionist version, it's here for everyone to see."

I barely if ever posted in the political forum at that period of time. I honestly don't recall posting here at all back then. I did have a signature attached to my posts though. I'm pretty sure I spent all my time in the spurs/nba forum back then.

"Anecdote after anecdote."

There is a laundry list of examples. Nobody is showing any signs of dispelling falsehoods. They don't care about people carrying lifelong victim cards and exposing people to reality as you suggest. They care about the outrage that gets them to vote for Dems.

"It's not my responsibility? Is that what you plan to teach your children?"

No, it's not your responsibility to dictate the education choices of the children of other people. You can make that choice for your own family.

"Also a completely hypocritical claim that flies in the face of the constant whining you do every time you post. If it's not your responsibility, why are you here constantly whining to random people on the internet?"

I try to make posts about public education. I deliberately skip stories about private schools(although I'm fine with shining light on their ideological propaganda as well).

"This is a social compact, and it has always been. That implicitly means that we're not a bunch of loners, we're a group of people working together towards what we feel generally is a better future."

I don't share your bond to the "social compact". We live in a increasingly polarizing country so that comes with it. If public education wants to infuse ideological nonsense it's foolish to expect people to send their kids there because "this is a social compact". I'm not a fan of the general effectiveness of public education even without that tbh.

"still trying to crowbar in "authoritarian" in every post."

Authoritarian in the appropriate term for someone that wants to force the children of other people to go to a government school.

"Idiocy is making the same mistake over and over and expecting a different result. ie: you can keep whining about this perceived "reverse racism" and hope one day people don't continue to laugh in your face. Spoiler: it's not happening."

I talk about racism. You don't take it seriously because it goes against the narrative of your cult. Taking the racism I talk about seriously is not in your political interests. There is a reason your group would rather discuss falsehoods than actual stories that go against their narrative. This inability to look at things consistently is why the public education system needs to dial things back and focus on the basics that they already are unable to teach adequately.

"What I said is that being in denial of the society around you is materially stupid and has consequences that directly affect you, whether you want to assume responsibility for it or not."

I'm well aware of many aspects of society "around me". I oppose a lot of it and education systems built on more freedom is an essential defense to it. That's why you oppose systems that provide more freedom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You were here all the time, we can go look up your posts if you haven't deleted them yet out of embarrassment. We don't need the revisionist version, it's here for everyone to see."

I barely if ever posted in the political forum at that period of time. I honestly don't recall posting here at all back then. I did have a signature attached to my posts though. I'm pretty sure I spent all my time in the spurs/nba forum back then.
    Sure you did, it was during the Democrat primaries. Again, no need for revisionism, the posts are here. Or are you going to deny you were a BernieBro back then and not six months later a Trump ?

"Anecdote after anecdote."

There is a laundry list of examples. Nobody is showing any signs of dispelling falsehoods. They don't care about people carrying lifelong victim cards and exposing people to reality as you suggest. They care about the outrage that gets them to vote for Dems.
    Sure people are dispelling falsehoods. Every day. You just opt to live in denial. And when you find an outlier, you attach to it and pretend it's the norm.

Look at the reality around you. You might not like it, but it's not really mysterious.

"It's not my responsibility? Is that what you plan to teach your children?"

No, it's not your responsibility to dictate the education choices of the children of other people. You can make that choice for your own family.

"Also a completely hypocritical claim that flies in the face of the constant whining you do every time you post. If it's not your responsibility, why are you here constantly whining to random people on the internet?"

I try to make posts about public education. I deliberately skip stories about private schools(although I'm fine with shining light on their ideological propaganda as well).
    Baloney, and you know it. You know society is shunning you and your values and ideas, and you speak out. You have zero problems telling other people how they should live their lives.

Furthermore, I'm not telling people to change. I'm telling people not to ruin their kids' lives (and you can go back on this entire conversation and that holds true throughout).

I'm not against homeschooling either, I'm against homeschooling in it's current shape and form, where there's no guarantees the kids are actually getting a good, thorough education.

There are simply people too deluded that think they know better, and at the end of the day it's the entire society that has to pay the price for their incompetence. It's not the kid's fault either.

"This is a social compact, and it has always been. That implicitly means that we're not a bunch of loners, we're a group of people working together towards what we feel generally is a better future."

I don't share your bond to the "social compact". We live in a increasingly polarizing country so that comes with it. If public education wants to infuse ideological nonsense it's foolish to expect people to send their kids there because "this is a social compact". I'm not a fan of the general effectiveness of public education even without that tbh.
    You chose that bond when you decided to live in this society. So you play by the society's rules. This goes exactly to what I was referring to earlier. You made that choice already, you just don't want the consequences that come with that choice.

It would be too easy to go murder somebody and then claim "well, I don't really accept this society's laws". This is like people claiming that tax law doesn't apply to them.

It's a stupid and false premise that has no bearing, legally or otherwise, in real life. If you don't like to live in a society, go live in the jungle or the mountains and see how it works out for you. You can educate your children there as well without somebody caring if your child is getting a good education or not.

"still trying to crowbar in "authoritarian" in every post."

Authoritarian in the appropriate term for someone that wants to force the children of other people to go to a government school.
    More strawman. I dare you quote me saying I want to force children to go to public school? Go ahead, I'll wait.

This conversation started because somebody claimed that she was better qualified to educate children than a public school teacher. I asked her under what authority she makes that claim. She hasn't responded yet, and I doubt she will.

Furthermore, there are additional problems with homeschooling and it's lack of regulation as well, which need to be addressed.

"Idiocy is making the same mistake over and over and expecting a different result. ie: you can keep whining about this perceived "reverse racism" and hope one day people don't continue to laugh in your face. Spoiler: it's not happening."

I talk about racism. You don't take it seriously because it goes against the narrative of your cult. Taking the racism I talk about seriously is not in your political interests. There is a reason your group would rather discuss falsehoods than actual stories that go against their narrative. This inability to look at things consistently is why the public education system needs to dial things back and focus on the basics that they already are unable to teach adequately.
    No, actually, I can't take that flavor of racism you spout seriously because there's simply no evidence that it generally exists. There might me an isolated incident here or there, but it's existence as an actual problems bears towards zero very quickly.

For example, as a person that passes very well for a white person, I enjoy white privilege very much. It's a tangible, every day occurrence. It's wrong, and it needs to end, but we haven't gotten there yet. I think odds are we will, especially once white people become a minority.

"What I said is that being in denial of the society around you is materially stupid and has consequences that directly affect you, whether you want to assume responsibility for it or not."

I'm well aware of many aspects of society "around me". I oppose a lot of it and education systems built on more freedom is an essential defense to it. That's why you oppose systems that provide more freedom.
    I listed plenty of freedoms based on the choices you make in education, you just don't like the outcomes. You want the cake and you want to eat it too. Society doesn't work that way. Poor choices generally lead to bad consequences.
    Last edited by ElNono; 10-31-2021 at 04:16 AM. Reason: typos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elnono doing work

Didnt read but the wall of text looks cool

Props ma salvadorian homie.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure you did, it was during the Democrat primaries. Again, no need for revisionism, the posts are here. Or are you going to deny you were a BernieBro back then and not six months later a Trump ?

Sure people are dispelling falsehoods. Every day. You just opt to live in denial. And when you find an outlier, you attach to it and pretend it's the norm.

Look at the reality around you. You might not like it, but it's not really mysterious.

Baloney, and you know it. You know society is shunning you and your values and ideas, and you speak out. You have zero problems telling other people how they should live their lives.

Furthermore, I'm not telling people to change. I'm telling people not to ruin their kids' lives (and you can go back on this entire conversation and that holds true throughout).

I'm not against homeschooling either, I'm against homeschooling in it's current shape and form, where there's no guarantees the kids are actually getting a good, thorough education.

There are simply people too deluded that think they know better, and at the end of the day it's the entire society that has to pay the price for their incompetence. It's not the kid's fault either.

You chose that bond when you decided to live in this society. So you play by the society's rules. This goes exactly to what I was referring to earlier. You made that choice already, you just don't want the consequences that come with that choice.

It would be too easy to go murder somebody and then claim "well, I don't really accept this society's laws". This is like people claiming that tax law doesn't apply to them.

It's a stupid and false premise that has no bearing, legally or otherwise, in real life. If you don't like to live in a society, go live in the jungle or the mountains and see how it works out for you. You can educate your children there as well without somebody caring if your child is getting a good education or not.

More strawman. I dare you quote me saying I want to force children to go to public school? Go ahead, I'll wait.

This conversation started because somebody claimed that she was better qualified to educate children than a public school teacher. I asked her under what authority she makes that claim. She hasn't responded yet, and I doubt she will.

Furthermore, there are additional problems with homeschooling and it's lack of regulation as well, which need to be addressed.

No, actually, I can't take that flavor of racism you spout seriously because there's simply no evidence that it generally exists. There might me an isolated incident here or there, but it's existence as an actual problems bears towards zero very quickly.

For example, as a person that passes very well for a white person, I enjoy white privilege very much. It's a tangible, every day occurrence. It's wrong, and it needs to end, but we haven't gotten there yet. I think odds are we will, especially once white people become a minority.

I listed plenty of freedoms based on the choices you make in education, you just don't like the outcomes. You want the cake and you want to eat it too. Society doesn't work that way. Poor choices generally lead to bad consequences.
    I didn't deny anything. I don't remember posting much or at all in this forum back then. I doubt you have a thorough assessment of my stances. You have much more information now and your assessment is "nazi" so in reality you have an inability to assess others accurately.

They aren't outliers. These falsehoods are the tent poles of the left that they refuse to take down because the outrage serves their agenda.

I have zero problem shining light on ideology of others. I don't build systems of government to force the children of others to go to government schools.

"Not ruining their children" is the goal that most parents prioritize when they take their kids out of government schools.

Government schools don't provide a "Good thorough education".

"There are simply people too deluded that think they know better, and at the end of the day it's the entire society that has to pay the price for their incompetence. It's not the kid's fault either"

Freedom has consequences. A free system is also more flexible which minimizes problems of a failed rigid system. That's why it's preferable.

"You chose that bond when you decided to live in this society. So you play by the society's rules."

We are discussing the rules currently. I want a freedom based society and you seemingly oppose it.

"This conversation started because somebody claimed that she was better qualified to educate children than a public school teacher."

I wouldn't doubt it. I'd rate myself above 80-90% of teachers. In reality you can be less qualified if you are willing to give more individual focus. It's difficult to quantify that to internet gatekeepers that think they know what's best for the children of others.

"Furthermore, there are additional problems with homeschooling and it's lack of regulation as well, which need to be addressed"

Focusing on the problems of the government education system would be far more effective at helping children at scale.

"For example, as a person that passes very well for a white person, I enjoy white privilege very much. It's a tangible, every day occurrence."

Thanks for your subjective anecdote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devil's advocate here - aborting your kid is your choice, teaching them isn't. You don't want to ruin their lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devil's advocate here - aborting your kid is your choice, teaching them isn't. You don't want to ruin their lives.
    Also the kid can choose their gender at 5 years old.

But God forbid you choose what books they can read

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mclownlife

Only in hollywood Ive seen such a turnaround in an election

Got damn

What a ing tool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obomba

If this hold it would be a major asswiping

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Obomba

If this hold it would be a major asswiping
    Unless & until we start mailing it in we'll suffer accordingly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "shall have a new birth of freedom and that government of the people, by the people, for the people" - except for what's being taught to our kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also the kid can choose their gender at 5 years old.

But God forbid you choose what books they can read
    It seems the underlying goal is to build a society that agrees with your opinions instead of just ensuring freedom of thought. Removing the opposition is the key and you do that while they are young and minds are malleable. So you either kill them in the womb or you brainwash them into your thought process.

As I said, political correctness is intellectual fascism.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's basically child abuse if you aren't imposing the morals of corporations on your children. You simply aren't getting them ready to be employed. Therefore they need government education to impose the morals that make them employable at said corporations.

Thread Information