Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do like that Super Mario Odyssey does have some very challenging optional levels and moons though. Like on the moon level. Only moon that I thought was total bull to get was the jumping rope one. That was impossible to do 100 times in a row or whatever it was, never get that moon.

Supposedly Super Mario Odyssey 2 got leaked back a while ago on 4chan and of course no one paid attention to it, but apparently that same post linked the new Sonic game just announced so could be legit.
    Man...I hope it's imminent. I'm looking forward to BOTW 2 but for an epic game that you can actually play in 30 minute chunks and get something done, Odyssey rules. Also, that you can take a few days off from playing and not have to try to remember wtf you were doing.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I do like that Super Mario Odyssey does have some very challenging optional levels and moons though. Like on the moon level. Only moon that I thought was total bull to get was the jumping rope one. That was impossible to do 100 times in a row or whatever it was, never get that moon.

Supposedly Super Mario Odyssey 2 got leaked back a while ago on 4chan and of course no one paid attention to it, but apparently that same post linked the new Sonic game just announced so could be legit.
    For the jump rope one, I couldn't get that one either until I threw the hat in mid-air around 40 or so jumps. That way you hang in the air for two cycles and it's much easier to time, trying to jump over one cycle seemed downright impossible for me. But yeah most 3D Nintendo platformers that I've played, have a few collectibles that are just no fun at all due to 'bad design' difficulty. Pleasantly surprised Odyssey doesn't have those. Whoever thought 'Beaver Bother' from DK64 or the pinball/'chuckster' Shine from Sunshine were a good idea should seriously contemplate the viability of suicide

Also the soundtrack for Odyssey was God-tier. Surprised a lot of people don't agree, but I liked it a lot imo. On a related note, it's amazing what a sh!tty game Sunshine turned out to be in hindsight despite having great potential and (IMO) a good overall design/plot. Way too many tedious/BS shines, soundtrack was forgettable all around, and the levels were pretty boring. The only ones I really liked were Gelato Beach and the hotel one. And the final level/boss was so laughably bad, you could almost argue they did it for comedic value. An anticlimactic final level that revolves around navigating a very finicky canoe and to follow that up with Bowser nonchalantly hanging out in a hot tub? I just wonder what the backstory behind that game was. 64 was obviously great, and while I haven't played Galaxy yet that one seems to be universally applauded

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the jump rope one, I couldn't get that one either until I threw the hat in mid-air around 40 or so jumps. That way you hang in the air for two cycles and it's much easier to time, trying to jump over one cycle seemed downright impossible for me. But yeah most 3D Nintendo platformers that I've played, have a few collectibles that are just no fun at all due to 'bad design' difficulty. Pleasantly surprised Odyssey doesn't have those. Whoever thought 'Beaver Bother' from DK64 or the pinball/'chuckster' Shine from Sunshine were a good idea should seriously contemplate the viability of suicide

Also the soundtrack for Odyssey was God-tier. Surprised a lot of people don't agree, but I liked it a lot imo. On a related note, it's amazing what a sh!tty game Sunshine turned out to be in hindsight despite having great potential and (IMO) a good overall design/plot. Way too many tedious/BS shines, soundtrack was forgettable all around, and the levels were pretty boring. The only ones I really liked were Gelato Beach and the hotel one. And the final level/boss was so laughably bad, you could almost argue they did it for comedic value. An anticlimactic final level that revolves around navigating a very finicky canoe and to follow that up with Bowser nonchalantly hanging out in a hot tub? I just wonder what the backstory behind that game was. 64 was obviously great, and while I haven't played Galaxy yet that one seems to be universally applauded
    Never played Sunshine, one of those games I have always meant to play but never find time for. You tried Bowser's Fury yet? I played the out of Super Mario 3D World on Switch when we had that week of rolling blackouts from the cold. Eg would charge the Switch and get work done for the hour and a half there would be power, then play that for that hour and a half we'd be blacked out, and so on. Didn't get too far into Bowser's Fury though because I got a PS5 not too long after starting it. But it was pretty good for the first 5 hours or so I put into it.

Also, Mario Maker 2 is a must buy just for the built in levels. Easily my favorite 2D Mario since New Super Mario Bros on the DS, maybe even the best 2D Mario since Super Mario World on SNES. Way more interesting game than New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe IMO.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Never played Sunshine, one of those games I have always meant to play but never find time for. You tried Bowser's Fury yet? I played the out of Super Mario 3D World on Switch when we had that week of rolling blackouts from the cold. Eg would charge the Switch and get work done for the hour and a half there would be power, then play that for that hour and a half we'd be blacked out, and so on. Didn't get too far into Bowser's Fury though because I got a PS5 not too long after starting it. But it was pretty good for the first 5 hours or so I put into it.

Also, Mario Maker 2 is a must buy just for the built in levels. Easily my favorite 2D Mario since New Super Mario Bros on the DS, maybe even the best 2D Mario since Super Mario World on SNES. Way more interesting game than New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe IMO.
    Sunshine is not a terrible game overall or anything, just by Mario standards it's noticeably bad compared to the rest for whatever reason. Still fun to play for the first time, I just don't have a desire to ever replay it and if I did I'd just skip those few shrines from he11 and save the frustration. Same thing when I replayed Banjo Tooie a few times, I skipped that one jiggy where you had to race against that bird going a million miles per hour and you physically had to slide your thumb back and forth on the control pad because you couldn't 'tap A' fast enough. I remember a friend of mine beating that stupid thing and literally getting a blister on his thumb, and I just said f*ck that I'll just finish at 99.9%

Haven't played Bowser's Fury, the next one I need to get too is Mario Galaxy. Gonna order the All Stars pack one I finish Odyssey and then work my way back from there. Who knows though, BOTW 2 might be out by that point IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sunshine is not a terrible game overall or anything, just by Mario standards it's noticeably bad compared to the rest for whatever reason. Still fun to play for the first time, I just don't have a desire to ever replay it and if I did I'd just skip those few shrines from he11 and save the frustration. Same thing when I replayed Banjo Tooie a few times, I skipped that one jiggy where you had to race against that bird going a million miles per hour and you physically had to slide your thumb back and forth on the control pad because you couldn't 'tap A' fast enough. I remember a friend of mine beating that stupid thing and literally getting a blister on his thumb, and I just said f*ck that I'll just finish at 99.9%

Haven't played Bowser's Fury, the next one I need to get too is Mario Galaxy. Gonna order the All Stars pack one I finish Odyssey and then work my way back from there. Who knows though, BOTW 2 might be out by that point IMO
    LOL that race sounds cheap as .

I wouldn't sleep on getting 3D AllStars, as it got discontinued back in March. I can't believe it's still in stores, but at some point that game is going to become hard to find. You can't buy it digitally any more, as Nintendo went with the Disney model of only releasing those remasters for a limited window so they don't have time to go down in price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bowser's Fury is good until it isn't. There's a design flaw that if you don't know going in, it will make your game playing experience much harder.

I'm looking forward to what is supposed to be an open world Kirby game this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowser's Fury is good until it isn't. There's a design flaw that if you don't know going in, it will make your game playing experience much harder.

I'm looking forward to what is supposed to be an open world Kirby game this year.
    What's the design flaw?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Speaking of Odyssey, that 2D one in the Mushroom Kingdom was . Took me forever to get used to that scrolling black screen tbh and then you have that weird circular platforming part afterward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the design flaw?
    It's been a while but it had to do with fighting Bowser with less than all the shines and then when you beat him, he never goes away. With the harder shrines remaining, it makes it damn near impossible to get the remaining shrines while he's out.
    Maybe I'm just lazy.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    got a free copy of Skyward Sword that I finally got around to playing for the first time and holy sh!t the motion controls are "Superman 64" level awful. Literally started laughing in disbelief when trying to use the sword for the first time. If the Switch didn't have the option of doing button only I'd probably turn it off immediately and never play it again tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo Direct tomorrow, should be a pretty eventful one given it's 40 minutes. They'll show the new Kirby game and the Batman Arkham Collection for sure, after that hopefully we'll see some BOTW 2 or Bayonetta 3. A lot of rumors about another Xenoblade too, which would be awesome.

4PM CST tomorrow
    get in here jeebus, SpursforSix, Fat Brandon Bass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo Direct tomorrow, should be a pretty eventful one given it's 40 minutes. They'll show the new Kirby game and the Batman Arkham Collection for sure, after that hopefully we'll see some BOTW 2 or Bayonetta 3. A lot of rumors about another Xenoblade too, which would be awesome.

4PM CST tomorrow
    get in here jeebus, SpursforSix, Fat Brandon Bass

I saw this, my child. Here's to hoping something decent comes out of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of remasters. Still, I'll probably play Chrono Cross.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No BOTW 2 update. That is gonna be delayed until 2023, I'll bet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice, the Xenoblade 3 rumors turned out to be true. Can't wait to pick up the new Getsufumaden too, loved the original on Famicom. Interested to see more on the Triangle Strategy game too. Now gotta go check the Nintendo of Japan feed and see if they have anything on the Dragon Quest 3 remake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet it'll be here this year, they'll just wait for E3 to show it. Bayonetta 3 is the one that's going to get delayed until 2023.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also surprised to see Mother 1 (eg the Famicom game from the Earthbound series) get English localization. Must mean English localization for Mother 3 is right around the corner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet it'll be here this year, they'll just wait for E3 to show it. Bayonetta 3 is the one that's going to get delayed until 2023.
    I was reading E3 might not even happen this year, so we'll see. I don't think Nintendo has a problem with releasing big games via their direct and skipping E3.

I was intrigued by Mario Strikers. It's been a hot minute since I've played that. Also, LOL at their mario kart . They really don't wanna make a new one. Seems like they're happy with updating older games, so it wouldn't surprise me if they start pumping more of those out for switch online

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh , the Japan feed has more games not shown in the English one. It has another RPG called Loop 8 that looks pretty good, as well as 十三機兵防衛圏 (13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim in the US), which I have been wanting to score a Japanese version of forever. April 14th for the latter, can't ing wait for that one. Strongly prefer playing VN like that in Japanese instead of English.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was reading E3 might not even happen this year, so we'll see. I don't think Nintendo has a problem with releasing big games via their direct and skipping E3.

I was intrigued by Mario Strikers. It's been a hot minute since I've played that. Also, LOL at their mario kart . They really don't wanna make a new one. Seems like they're happy with updating older games, so it wouldn't surprise me if they start pumping more of those out for switch online
    Sorry I meant around the usual time of E3, early summer to hype the holiday releases. Nintendo hasn't actually done an E3 since the Wii U days have they?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh , the Japan feed has more games not shown in the English one. It has another RPG called Loop 8 that looks pretty good, as well as 十三機兵防衛圏 (13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim in the US), which I have been wanting to score a Japanese version of forever. April 14th for the latter, can't ing wait for that one. Strongly prefer playing VN like that in Japanese instead of English.
    That is like 30 mins longer!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I meant around the usual time of E3, early summer to hype the holiday releases. Nintendo hasn't actually done an E3 since the Wii U days have they?
    I'm.....not sure. I don't think so. Usually they drop a massive direct during E3 but I think the last time they were actually there was for the switch launch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is like 30 mins longer!
    Nah the Direct itself starts around the 35 minute mark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW....Portal 1 and Portal 2 supposed to be released as a package for Switch this year.
    I never played the first one so looking forward to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if any has noticed this or not but Nintendo's game search page has now made it impossible to search games by release date. I used to be able to sort by date and see if I'd missed any games. Now, they only give you sort by "featured" or by alphabetical.

Thread Information