Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mixed feelings on Obi Wan. Him babysitting a 10-year-old Leia while being chased by that one inquisitor is not what I expected it to be. And I'm not talking about the saber fight specifically, but that entire scene with Vader was really underwhelming.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Mixed feelings on Obi Wan. Him babysitting a 10-year-old Leia while being chased by that one inquisitor is not what I expected it to be. And I'm not talking about the saber fight specifically, but that entire scene with Vader was really underwhelming.
    I was hoping more for something like Yoda went through in Clone Wars preparing himself to be able to project from the cosmic force after death, but I guess that will get rushed if it is there at all.

I wouldn't expect Obi Wan to put up much of a fight against peak Vader especially showing what they had of him so far, but I don't think it was really necessary to show it? I enjoyed the first two episodes way more
    Last edited by leemajors; 06-02-2022 at 11:51 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was hoping more for something like Yoda went through in Clone Wars preparing himself to be able to project from the cosmic force after death, but I guess that will get rushed if it is there at all.

I wouldn't expect Obi Wan to put up much of a fight against peak Vader especially showing what they had of him so far, but I don't think it was really necessary to show it? I enjoyed the first two episodes way more
    I guess that's my point. The saber fight wasn't necessary at all. It should have been more of an emotional meeting for Obi-Wan than what we got.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    lol why didn’t Vader just walk around the fire? Or better yet, he just forced pushed to blow out the fire like 10 seconds earlier, but now he’s like “welp nothing to be done about this fire, I guess we’ll just let Obi Wan escape” After the first episode I had my hopes up that it would at least be decent, but nope this thing is an absolute turd sandwich.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The fourth episode was good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Pissed off Vader walking into the fortress manu militari to punish Reva was awesome
    I also liked how Obi used the same diversion move on those 2 stormtroopers that he used in ANH on those 2 other stormtroopers; we all knew he was going to do it because fan service, but still it was a nice touch

It think we'll have another Kenobi vs Vader rematch in episode 6; in ANH. Vader tells Obi the last time they met, Obi was the master and Vader the learner.

Also, McGregor's acting has been on point

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Haven't seen it but I'm not liking them putting Vader in a Disney channel setting like this. Ben v DV seems meant for the big screen.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Im three episodes in. This is ing terrible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Im three episodes in. This is ing terrible.
    Get ready to laugh near the end of episode 4. A disguise that looks like it was conceived by a 5 year old.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    This show is better than overrated Breaking Bad and GOT combined tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This show is better than overrated Breaking Bad and GOT combined tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The main problem with this series is that it's pointless. We know where all the main characters end up, and there has been sufficient content with all the movies/cartoons to fill in any gaps. There's nothing that could've been done in this series that was surprising or offered up new insight to the characters.

Disney had an opportunity when they bought the Star Wars franchise to explore something new. But they're dead set on rehashing the same old . Mandalorian is kind of new, but it's mainly been a merchandising vehicle for baby Yoda, and they take every opportunity they can to squeeze in cartoon characters and a CGI Luke Skywalker. I wish they'd move away from the Skywalker timeline and write some original stories in a different setting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The main problem with this series is that it's pointless. We know where all the main characters end up, and there has been sufficient content with all the movies/cartoons to fill in any gaps. There's nothing that could've been done in this series that was surprising or offered up new insight to the characters.

Disney had an opportunity when they bought the Star Wars franchise to explore something new. But they're dead set on rehashing the same old . Mandalorian is kind of new, but it's mainly been a merchandising vehicle for baby Yoda, and they take every opportunity they can to squeeze in cartoon characters and a CGI Luke Skywalker. I wish they'd move away from the Skywalker timeline and write some original stories in a different setting.
    The Acolyte sounds interesting. I am still looking forward to Ahsoka because I really want to see Thrawn live action, and want to know if she finds who she is looking for. I thought Rebels did a great job of some fan service but it wasn't driving the story. Will be interesting to see what Taika does with his movie too, he is completely uninterested in rehashing anything old

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The Acolyte sounds interesting. I am still looking forward to Ahsoka because I really want to see Thrawn live action, and want to know if she finds who she is looking for. I thought Rebels did a great job of some fan service but it wasn't driving the story.
    Ahsoka should be interesting

I saw the leaked teaser that was shown at the Star Wars event, Hera Syndulla was in there, and there was a shot of Sabine looking at the mural (depicting the team) that we saw at the end of the Rebels

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Ahsoka should be interesting

I saw the leaked teaser that was shown at the Star Wars event, Hera Syndulla was in there, and there was a shot of Sabine looking at the mural (depicting the team) that we saw at the end of the Rebels
    Yeah that mural was great. The teaser was cool. Maybe Ezra is chilling with the Chiss Ascendancy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yeah that mural was great. The teaser was cool. Maybe Ezra is chilling with the Chiss Ascendancy
    They better cast Lars Mikkelsen as Thrawn

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol why didn’t Vader just walk around the fire? Or better yet, he just forced pushed to blow out the fire like 10 seconds earlier, but now he’s like “welp nothing to be done about this fire, I guess we’ll just let Obi Wan escape” After the first episode I had my hopes up that it would at least be decent, but nope this thing is an absolute turd sandwich.
    Hes afraid of fire, and he doesn't like sand

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It was a little clunky at first overall (the series), but I though the last 3 episodes were fairly solid and I enjoyed the finale. There is no reason for another season though, they can use books/comics to fill in the rest.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    He let Obi Wan escape because he thought that Obi wan was weak and should have put up a better fight. He was going to get to him eventually.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That re-rematch was very reminiscent of the Vader vs Ahsoka fight in SW Rebels

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    The finale had some great moments, but overall this show was a huge turd sandwich.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That re-rematch was very reminiscent of the Vader vs Ahsoka fight in SW Rebels
    Yes, and Reva standing over Luke like Luke did over Ben Solo with saber out. Obi and Vader with some good earthbending too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    He let Obi Wan escape because he thought that Obi wan was weak and should have put up a better fight. He was going to get to him eventually.
    He was literally about to take him into custody five seconds earlier.

Same thing when he force pulls a ship into the ground, then immediately forgets the force powers he just used and lets the other ship go. Just absolute dogcrap writing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    And obviously screw anyone who used this as an excuse to be racist, but still can we acknowledge that the 3rd Sister is one of the dumbest, worst written characters in Star Wars history?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    And finally, Qui-Gon must really be pissed that suddenly taking a lightsaber to the stomach is just super easy to recover from

Thread Information