Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just wanted to get people's opinion on why guys like to make girls jealous. Not saying that all guys do this but is it for the same reason girls do it? What is it?

Fantasy Football Guru Guru of Nothing's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll eschew my smart-ass tendencies. Jealousy comes from within; nobody can make you jealous, except YOU.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm jealous of GoN and his $5 words...

Fantasy Football Guru Guru of Nothing's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm jealous of GoN and his $5 words...

I'm guessing "ass" is a $5 word for you.

ETA: SMILEY FACE

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll eschew my smart-ass tendencies. Jealousy comes from within; nobody can make you jealous, except YOU.
    My question was WHY guys like to make girls feel that way. Are you saying guys don't purposely talk about other girls in an attempt to make them jealous?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm guessing "ass" is a $5 word for you.

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It makes me feel wanted.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    All kidding aside...Gon is right, additionally, I think most guys want to avoid making their girl jealous if they can...it's not that fun having to deal with a jealous hearted female...They tend to be pissed off at you all the time and you don't really know what you did to make them act that way...often it's nothing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Girls make a living out of making us guys jealous. They love it whereas only a minority of guys bother trying to make a girl jealous - too much effort.

Even I went to a GTG iminlakerland's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Luvbones from the guys ive asked this question if they are in a relationship they usually do not try to make their girlfriends jealous.

But if its a flirty relationship where you guys arent necessarily together they try to see what kind of reaction they can get out of you. Its kinda childish but hey. Thats what i was told.

Name
    Jess
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    I think some guys that feel the need to make girls jealous (because they don't feel plagued by jealousy like the other half of the male population) because it reaffirms the attraction - lets them know that the girl doesn't want to share them. An ego thing for the most part.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Are you saying guys don't purposely talk about other girls in an attempt to make them jealous?
    You give guys WAY too much credit and imagination. Guys are usually just clueless about these things until they get their heads snapped back a few times by the one they're with.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Are you kidding? Jealousy sucks anytime it rears it's ugly head and guys for the most part will not try to make a woman jealous. However, idiots with low self esteem like duff are different stories. See his post above.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    agree ^^^^

Name you'd love to touch maxpower's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was just talking to a friend about this. Jealousy is like any other emotion. You can't be human without it. Like anger and happiness it is inevitable that you experience it. Likewise it is not in your best interest to supress it. The best you can do is be up front about it but at the same time not let it control you.
    The quicker you are able to identify your emotion be it anger, rage or jealousy the easier it is to detach, step back and see if you are being childish the easier you can cope with it.

As to the why guys make girls jealous? I can imagine a guy will try to make a girl jealous in an effort to see if she likes him. He may not trust what she says if he asks her directly. He wants to see her base emotions. He is insecure, for whatever reason. I would also say he is emotionally detached. By the same token, someone who is overly jealous may be considered too emotionally attached.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jealousy is a manifestation of the insecure mind. If you try to get your object of your affection jeaolous, or if you are jealous of him/her, you are just being insecure.

People that have high esteem do not need to play such games with their partners, because they are usually detrimental to an otherwise healthy relationship.

So find that someone that you do not feel the desire to act out such childish games and go on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree with Ex. There's no reason to create an NBADan-style conspiracy theory when it's simply the fact that some guys will simply chase the closest skirt. Or perhaps some girls are a little controlling and don't want their boyfriend to even say o to any other girl.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Jealousy is a manifestation of the insecure mind. If you try to get your object of your affection jeaolous, or if you are jealous of him/her, you are just being insecure.

People that have high esteem do not need to play such games with their partners, because they are usually detrimental to an otherwise healthy relationship.

So find that someone that you do not feel the desire to act out such childish games and go on.
    The winner!!!! Best advice so far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My question was WHY guys like to make girls feel that way. Are you saying guys don't purposely talk about other girls in an attempt to make them jealous?
    Believe it or not...we males of the species don't send memos out to each other on how to deal with women that week! Its probably the same reason girls do it to guys...personal insecurity.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The winner!!!! Best advice so far.

Thanks Hookdem...i am working on an advice column in the local paper.....

Dear Stud.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

personally I think the is just plain nuts...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    it's because men are tired of weird ing basket case women who rely on intuition, tea leaves, and their menstrual cycles to up your life. we get the es back however we can. holla.

Optomistic but Realistic MrChug's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jealousy is a bi-product of mistrust, believe it. Example...what if your girl/guy is getting hit on and getting flirted with by everyone in the place. If you KNOW that his/her thoughts are on you and only you...WHO CARES! I consider myself fairly easygoing although I DO have a posessive side, to be quite honest. I've been in positions lately where the girl I'm with is unbelieveably hot. I know this...still I can't think "Just because every man in here wants her, that does NOT mean she wants even ONE of them." If I did, I know that would be a mark of my own insecurities...cuz it is! However, I can stand back and kick it with my friends and she can go do whatever because I know that she's gonna come rushing back to me after a few minutes anyway! You gotta feel secure in the relationship.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Thanks Hookdem...i am working on an advice column in the local paper.....

Dear Stud.

You da man Jim!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seriously, IMHO it totally depends on the stage of the relationship...

at the meet/just started dating stage a little jealousy and/or insecurity is a good thing...from my experience the guys that send flowers/candy and call three times a day get all over by the women they are going after..while a little benign neglect (not calling for a few days for instance) makes them want you even more...

BUT...once you are in a monogamous relationship a guy is absolutely NUTS to try to make his wife/GF jealous...

Thread Information