Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hate on Tony on this board is unbelievable, tbh... as a person that has always supported Parker, I find this kind of chatter offensive and unnecessary. He's one of our guys, not the enemy...
    Exactly. The guy has shown time and time again that he really is a team player, yet everyone here spins it as if he's some narcissist that only cares about himself and not the team. He has signed for far less than he's been worth for years now, has never seriously considered leaving, and has played whatever role Pop and the team have needed of him. It amazes me that people can hate on our own starting PG, who has been on the team for over a decade and has been a star for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFS, the guy has either led or been close to leading the league in points in the paint (don't remember if he ever actually led), has vastly improved his midrange game and 3 point shot, has improved as a facilitator and played through injuries all year, but all people talk about is "he's not a great defender" "how dare the player Pop designates as the star of the team take a lot of shots" "give the ball to Kawhi more"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But TBH, Parker has been a good 4th banana for us

We should be grateful

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. The guy has shown time and time again that he really is a team player, yet everyone here spins it as if he's some narcissist that only cares about himself and not the team. He has signed for far less than he's been worth for years now, has never seriously considered leaving, and has played whatever role Pop and the team have needed of him. It amazes me that people can hate on our own starting PG, who has been on the team for over a decade and has been a star for years.
    Exactly. And if you think about it, both Tim and Manu were closer to leaving the Spurs than Parker ever was. I don't get this trumped-up compe ion between Manu/Tony, like we have some Kobe/Shaq feud going on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an over the top fan of this team I feel extremely grateful to Tony Parker. He is a legendary Spurs player whose name will one day be hanging from the rafters!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hating on a legend who will hang in the raptors one day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder who we will get in that trade with the Raptors, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker will go down, fairly easily, as the 4th best Spurs player of all-time, after DRob, Iceman, and Duncan, respectively.

Haters got their jimmies all aflutter just thinking about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    testies is an underrated poster, tbh.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker will go down, fairly easily, as the 4th best Spurs player of all-time, after DRob, Iceman, and Duncan, respectively.Haters got their jimmies all aflutter just thinking about it.
    20>9

and "fairly easily".....how about no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker will go down, fairly easily, as the 4th best Spurs player of all-time, after DRob, Iceman, and Duncan, respectively.

Why Parker over Manu, tbh? Just a friendly debate that we've never had here on ST..

I take it that you're only going by regular season, which I could agree with, Tony is a beast regular season player..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Parker over Manu, tbh?
    Something tells me this one is always gonna come down to subjective opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something tells me this one is always gonna come down to subjective opinion.
    Meh, Manu was always the better Playoff performer, even this year he was better.

Kawhi will probably be the fourth best spur once it's all said and done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hate on TP is not as bad as the Manu hate, tbh. But they both need to stop, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Manu can easily make fourth best Spur of all-time argument, too. Iceman himself has vocally called The Big Three and Da Admiral as the four best Spurs players of all-time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not a fan of Bonner at all, some got mad at me before for voicing my opinion on that guy and said I was hating etc. I think he sucks and we went far the last few years because he was played minimal and only to his role, no doubt I agree with you there.
    Crazy world we live in where TP and Manu can be hated on by the very same fans who are Bonner apologists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu can easily make fourth best Spur of all-time argument, too. Iceman himself has vocally called The Big Three and Da Admiral as the four best Spurs players of all-time.
    I think a lot of this will come down to the fact that Parker will end up playing ~20 years with the Spurs. He will end up as the #1 assist man in Spurs history by 1600+ assists. Will certainly end as a #3 or higher scorer of all-time, possibly 2nd or even 1st, and was absolutely the best player on the Spurs for several years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of this will come down to the fact that Parker will end up playing ~20 years with the Spurs. He will end up as the #1 assist man in Spurs history by 1600+ assists. Will certainly end as a #3 or higher scorer of all-time, possibly 2nd or even 1st, and was absolutely the best player on the Spurs for several years.
    Can't argue with that but it's also important to acknowledge that Pop has held Manu's numbers back by having him off the bench for several years. I know why Pop did it but it still needs to be said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fans for years wanted a scoring point guard.... Now that we do you s talk .

Comon spurs fans... STFU and enjoy what we got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy world we live in where TP and Manu can be hated on by the very same fans who are Bonner apologists.
    It is a country pride thing I think IMO, some hate the other because they feel the other gets more love or some other crap like he took away from so and so in his career or Tony did not pass enough to him. Sometimes it is some simple dumb crap like that which causes the hate and most of them are from the other country or vice versa as the so called more loved player. I know it is sad and pathetic but thats the way it is and I have seen it or heard it even off this board personally! Other sites as well. It shows you some are more of a fan of the PLAYER rather than the team and probably won't be around or fans when their fave player is retired, infact I would bet on it.
    Fans for years wanted a scoring point guard.... Now that we do you s talk .

Comon spurs fans... STFU and enjoy what we got
    I agree and for some ODD reason they can't enjoy what we have at times! I never will get it.
    Can't argue with that but it's also important to acknowledge that Pop has held Manu's numbers back by having him off the bench for several years. I know why Pop did it but it still needs to be said.
    , it worked though didn't it? Do not forget either he came into the league at 24 years old or so, Parker came into the league at 19 years old so of course his numbers will be alot higher in the end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need drama, its dumb, even when everything goes right, people will find things to about

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hangning in the raptors, huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's really close between him and Gino, tbh. Not as easy as you make it sound. Also, Parker/Gino are just keeping Kawhi's spot warm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hate on TP is not as bad as the Manu hate, tbh. But they both need to stop, tbh.
    We dont hate TP

We all aknowledge his contribution as the 4th banana tbh

Thread Information