Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly Knicks want him.

Makes sense since the Knicks needs a playmaker and they're dumb enough to overpay him.
    knicks and derozan are perfect for one another.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, DPG just wanted to fuss. He wasn't honestly trying to talk basketball, so I didn't either. And like you always talk basketball, har har.

Yeah, well, that's me innit? I have higher expectations for others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, well, that's me innit? I have higher expectations for others.

True, that we should all aspire to greatness, with the encouragement of our fellow mortals and the occasional deity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edit: I didn't notice who I was trying to talk to. You're the one that's been making the fake quotes under DPG's name, like that's a cute thing to do? I'm not going to try to seriously talk hoops with anyone who does that. Just stop it.
    He said DeRozan wouldn't turn down his player option and won't own it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chip, the GOAT shot DOCTOR helping this loser POS shoot mid range shots as GOAT and LMA play around shooting 3's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's ALREADY the best SG we have currently, as advertised.
    If true, then I think that says more about the team then it does about KJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. What DPG posted was a lie.
    I posted exactly what you said - how was that a lie?? Honestly.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Wow, the Kawhi trade was a disaster for the Spurs. Look what Pelicans got back for AD, they are set for years to come they have a young core to build with. Spurs should have tanked last season because Zion was going to be the #1 pick. Spurs could have got some picks for Kawhi but they opted to remain compe ive instead of entering a rebuild phase.

It all worked out for the Raptors though, they ringed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, the Kawhi trade was a disaster for the Spurs. Look what Pelicans got back for AD, they are set for years to come they have a young core to build with. Spurs should have tanked last season because Zion was going to be the #1 pick. Spurs could have got some picks for Kawhi but they opted to remain compe ive instead of entering a rebuild phase.

It all worked out for the Raptors though, they ringed.
    Yes, lets keep dwelling on this. Very productive. I wonder how many of yall haved moved on from your ex girlfriends?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...so back to basketball.

Just out of curiosity, what do you all think DeRozan is looking for? What does he really believe he's going to get?

I'm trying to guess what the Spurs might be able to do with a sign and trade. But damn, with his 10 years experience the max he could get (from the Spurs) is 5/$233M. Even a new team could give him somewhere around 4/$173. Surely he doesn't think he's worth a max extension, does he?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is pretty good as long as you leave him in the locker room in the 4th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just out of curiosity, what do you all think DeRozan is looking for? What does he really believe he's going to get?

I'm trying to guess what the Spurs might be able to do with a sign and trade. But damn, with his 10 years experience the max he could get (from the Spurs) is 5/$233M. Even a new team could give him somewhere around 4/$173. Surely he doesn't think he's worth a max extension, does he?
    No good teams have cash. Every agent is saying the Hawks want their client. Spurs probably want him to take a 3 year deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true, then I think that says more about the team then it does about KJ.
    Yeah of course it does lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The anthony davis trade was different. He didnt tank his trade value and have a mysterious injury to where he missed 90% of the season before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He absolutely thinks he’s worth the max. He will also likely be a top 3 “talent” in this free agency class. A bad team will have to overpay to get him. But my guess is around 25M a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said DeRozan wouldn't turn down his player option and won't own it.

Nope, that is wrong. That is not what DPG and I disagreed about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a lying sack of .

Yes, you are.

What you posted was this:
    "JeffDuncan - didn’t you say Derozan wasn’t giving up 27M and that SA was obligated to pay him no matter what "

No, I never said that, you lying sack of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He absolutely thinks he’s worth the max. He will also likely be a top 3 “talent” in this free agency class. A bad team will have to overpay to get him. But my guess is around 25M a year.

A 4 year deal starting at $25M, with the max 5% raises is worth about $108M. So if the Spurs gave him 3/$80 beyond next year's option, it would be the same amount of money. They could set it up starting at $24.5M with the 8% raises, to maximize cap space in 21-22, and he would get the same total amount as if he got a 4 year deal starting at $25M somewhere else.

If he would take that 3/$80M extension, it makes sense to keep him. If someone like the Hawks wants to give him like $4/150, or even $4/130, the Spurs can't afford any S&T. They need to just let him go and save up space for 21-22.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should not consider extending demar. Bite the bullet and cut the cord becaUse resigning demar will only prolong the disease

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If just one player is positive to Corona, that's probably an instant hiatus on the whole season. With the 2 week incubation time, he could have contaminated many other players and so on, that would take a lot of time to test everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If just one player is positive to Corona, that's probably an instant hiatus on the whole season. With the 2 week incubation time, he could have contaminated many other players and that would take a lot of time to test everyone.

Yup it would be a nightmare for the nba. Especially considering theyve been playing games for weeks now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say adios to DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 4 year deal starting at $25M, with the max 5% raises is worth about $108M. So if the Spurs gave him 3/$80 beyond next year's option, it would be the same amount of money. They could set it up starting at $24.5M with the 8% raises, to maximize cap space in 21-22, and he would get the same total amount as if he got a 4 year deal starting at $25M somewhere else.

If he would take that 3/$80M extension, it makes sense to keep him. If someone like the Hawks wants to give him like $4/150, or even $4/130, the Spurs can't afford any S&T. They need to just let him go and save up space for 21-22.
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, you are.

What you posted was this:
    "JeffDuncan - didn’t you say Derozan wasn’t giving up 27M and that SA was obligated to pay him no matter what "

No, I never said that, you lying sack of .
    Let it go. Everyone saw what you said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, that is wrong. That is not what DPG and I disagreed about.
    It’s exactly what we disagreed about. I posted my responses explaining why he would have reasons to opt out of his 27M to secure more guaranteed total money even

Thread Information