Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this dude would be great selection at 11. I originally wanted Hampton but with the log jam at guard I think Neismith would be a of a pick because unlike Hampton I think he could start from day 1.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    needed a desperate thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s one the top 5 guys I’d like in the draft too

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s one the top 5 guys I’d like in the draft too

I really like his game. I'd like him, Hampton, Toppin or Patrick Williams from FSU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like his game. I'd like him, Hampton, Toppin or Patrick Williams from FSU.
    Yeah I agree with those guys too, for me the top tiers guys I’d love to either some how fall to us or for the spurs to trade up for is Wiseman, Toppin, and Deni... but the most realistic options at the 11th pick are Neismith, Saddiq bey, Devin vassel, and Patrick Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neismith is too short.

I think what this team needs is a versatile bruiser like Bam Abedayao. One can dream.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is no sense to draft hampton while we have murray. Spurs desperately need 3&D or a PF/C. So the best guys are vassel and bey. Neismith is great but with him spurs would have the shortest backcourt in nba. The steal of the draft may be Patrick Williams bc hes projected as a late 1st. Imo spurs should trade for him via our 2nd + keldon/samanic/white

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neismith is too short.

I think what this team needs is a versatile bruiser like Bam Abedayao. One can dream.
    I'm sorry that's the last thing this team needs. they need players on the wing who can shoot and defend which Nesmith can do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry that's the last thing this team needs. they need players on the wing who can shoot and defend which Nesmith can do.
    Like I said, he is too short. With him, Lonnie, Keldon, theres just too much redundancy. Our problem last year was stopping large wings and bigs. We need length and height.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m warming up to him. I think he’d be great to pair with Murray at SG but at 6’6” not sure he’d fill our need at SF. He is an incredible shooter, is athletic and is good at getting steals. He could start day 1 for us at SG. Because he’s such an outstanding shooter drafting him would mean that there’s no need to resign Forbes and Marco right? Right!?!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m warming up to him. I think he’d be great to pair with Murray at SG but at 6’6” not sure he’d fill our need at SF. He is an incredible shooter, is athletic and is good at getting steals. He could start day 1 for us at SG. Because he’s such an outstanding shooter drafting him would mean that there’s no need to resign Forbes and Marco right? Right!?!
    Exactly dude might be the best shooter in the draft reminds me of a Buddy Hield with defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly dude might be the best shooter in the draft reminds me of a Buddy Hield with defense.
    No, not defense, just bigger.

Tankathon weaknesses, cliff's notes version:

Def win shares -4
    Def rating -3
    Def box +/- -3
    Def rebounding -1

+4 or -4 is the highest or lowest rating. Tankathon has him going #30 overall. My take? 6'6" Forbes. He doesn't defend, rebound, or distribute the ball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=exstatic;10132522]No, not defense, just bigger.

Def win shares -4
    Def rating -3
    Def box +/- -3
    Def rebounding -1

+4 or -4 is the highest or lowest rating. Tankathon has him going #30 overall. My take? 6'6" Forbes. He doesn't defend, rebound, or distribute the ball.

[/QUOTEPnR Defense: In terms of getting over screens, Nesmith does a nice job fighting over the top with his strength…though he does not really get skinny going over the top and tends to turn his body at the POA, both of which open him up to being rung up on screens when the ballhandler does a good job of limiting space and/or the screener sets a wide and strong screen. Nesmith does a nice job trying to get back to the ballhandler if he is playing from behind / on the hip and uses his length to make things difficult for the ballhandler. Digging into the footwork gets a bit dicey, though – in addition to crossing his feet, when the he sometimes adds another step at the point of attack, which slows him down in coverage. Does not really force the ballhandler away from the screen, or middle of the court…would like to see him do this more often. Sometimes expects a switch when there isn’t one / does not recover to the big if there is a switch – communication issue, maybe? Has some switchability due to strength and wingspan. When he goes under the screen, he usually does a nice job getting back in the action, again using his length to contest shots and simply making an effort. The biggest takeaway from his PnR defense is he tries, though needs to clean up his footwork and communication with teammates.

Doesn't sound anything like Forbes on defense

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get how there are still Spurs fans who aren't size queens.

If we draft anyone under 6'7 1/2, they better be ing elite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm about talent. Most of it happens to fall into the area 6'6" and under, because of the bell curve. We may have a shot this year, but if talent is on a 100 scale, you don't draft a SF rated 85 over a G rated 92. That's just stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, not defense, just bigger.

Def win shares -4
    Def rating -3
    Def box +/- -3
    Def rebounding -1

[FONT="]PnR Defense[/FONT][FONT="]: In terms of getting over screens, Nesmith does a nice job fighting over the top with his strength…though he does not really get skinny going over the top and tends to turn his body at the POA, both of which open him up to being rung up on screens when the ballhandler does a good job of limiting space and/or the screener sets a wide and strong screen. Nesmith does a nice job trying to get back to the ballhandler if he is playing from behind / on the hip and uses his length to make things difficult for the ballhandler. Digging into the footwork gets a bit dicey, though – in addition to crossing his feet, when the he sometimes adds another step at the point of attack, which slows him down in coverage. Does not really force the ballhandler away from the screen, or middle of the court…would like to see him do this more often. Sometimes expects a switch when there isn’t one / does not recover to the big if there is a switch – communication issue, maybe? Has some switchability due to strength and wingspan. When he goes under the screen, he usually does a nice job getting back in the action, again using his length to contest shots and simply making an effort. [/FONT]The biggest takeaway from his PnR defense is he tries, though needs to clean up his footwork and communication with teammates.

Doesn't sound anything like Forbes on defense
    What's your source?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have to do everything they can to get Deni Avdija.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I prefer the FO draft a 6’7”-6’10” SF/PF that is athletic, can rebound and defend multiple positions. To me, drafting Nesmith does makes sense if you aren’t bringing Forbes and Marco back. Which we shouldn’t but probably will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer the FO draft a 6’7”-6’10” SF/PF that is athletic, can rebound and defend multiple positions. To me, drafting Nesmith does makes sense if you aren’t bringing Forbes and Marco back. Which we shouldn’t but probably will.
    I've seen him in 2 mocks so far, at #25 and #30, so, no, you don't draft him at #11. Everyone is athletic. If you're going to reach that far, he'd better have a 42" vert and be a virtual blur laterally. Then again, if he were that, he would be projecting in the late first round.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm about talent. Most of it happens to fall into the area 6'6" and under, because of the bell curve. We may have a shot this year, but if talent is on a 100 scale, you don't draft a SF rated 85 over a G rated 92. That's just stupid.
    That's gonna depend. How good is this guard? If we don't know that he is obviously better than the four other 6'5 tweener guards we have, it may make sense to grab the 85 SF, considering that we suck at rebounding and lack toughness as a team overall.

I can agree about talent first if this guard is heads and shoulders above who we already have, but if he isn't, then getting yet another small guy is pointless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen him in 2 mocks so far, at #25 and #30, so, no, you don't draft him at #11. Everyone is athletic. If you're going to reach that far, he'd better have a 42" vert and be a virtual blur laterally. Then again, if he were that, he would be projecting in the late first round.
    My 6’7”-6’10” athletic comment was not referring to Nesmith. He is 6’6”.

This draft is all over the place on predictions. most mock drafts that I’ve seen have Nesmith going 18-22 range though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's gonna depend. How good is this guard? If we don't know that he is obviously better than the four other 6'5 tweener guards we have, it may make sense to grab the 85 SF, considering that we suck at rebounding and lack toughness as a team overall.

I can agree about talent first if this guard is heads and shoulders above who we already have, but if he isn't, then getting yet another small guy is pointless.
    You think Utah thought twice about drafting Milsap when they already had Boozer? Or the Wiz considered not drafting Oubre because they already had OPJ? Draft analysts said the Spurs should trade their #1 pick in ‘97, because they already had a 7 footer. Sometimes redundancy is OK. If you have a group of talented players at a position, they can become trade assets to get a player in a position of need. That’s how you fill that need, not by passing on the best player available to reach for a position of need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is no sense to draft hampton while we have murray. Spurs desperately need 3&D or a PF/C. So the best guys are vassel and bey. Neismith is great but with him spurs would have the shortest backcourt in nba. The steal of the draft may be Patrick Williams bc hes projected as a late 1st. Imo spurs should trade for him via our 2nd + keldon/samanic/white
    I don't really agree with that at all. Whoever the Spurs draft, they'll likely be overlap with a prospect on roster. If the Spurs were to draft Hampton (whom I happen to like) or Maledon, it mean that they must be pretty high on them to select them with Murray and White on the roster.

It would also mean that White would almost certainly be shopped. The Spurs do need a 3 and D player but that may already be on the roster with Walker or KJ. Getting the best talent available should be the goal.

If they do go the wing route in the draft, my pick would be Vassell. Really good shooter, 6'6 with a 6'10 wingspan, good defender and not even 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A SF with 6'10" really isnt impressive. They have to be really skilled to be worth the pick. Vassell looks like he will just be average.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a Pascal type player out there? One who is crazy athletic but just started playing b-ball and doesn’t really have the know how but has an amazing sense of work ethic. I mean I know I’m dreaming, but I would rather draft someone like that. The Spurs can teach a guy to play b-ball. They can’t teach long, quick, and explosive.

But I know we are drafting one of the Euro point guards (either the German or the French) and strangely I’m ok with it.

Thread Information