• Prime Ginobili

80 75.47%
  • Prime Parker

26 24.53%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposed you had the ability to magically make one of Ginobili and Parker a Player on his prime again..but Only for this year, who would you pick?

Remeber its only for this year so if you choose Parker he would revert back to ty parker by next year.

We need a creator/penetrator..so either one makes sense.

Prime Ginobili once finished 10th in MVP voting and was a third Team all NBA player.

Parker best year was 5th in MVP voting and A second team All-NBA.

But those things dont matter since its going to be about need and who fits better with DPOY and first teamer Leonard, Aldridge and the rest of the guys.

Go.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one would pick porker besides porker fans. We all know how Manu in his playoff prime was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu by a landslide.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yea those 16ppg from Prime Manure...

He'd probably foul Wardell on a three when we're up 2 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Parker would be perfect for this team right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minute distribution would be interesting. I think with a Prime Ginobili, we can expect less minutes from Green or Maybe...Pop just decides to play him PG 85% of his minutes which should allw Mills/Green to play more minutes..

Manu would basically be the Main ball-handler and would most likely outscore Aldridge and become the second most in PPG...but Prime Manu did tend to contribute differently when there are other scorers..so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need good wings to go at GS, a bunch of them. Manu easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVParker owned Curry in the playoffs already

Prime Manure went toe to toe with RIP Hamilton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Parker would be perfect for this team right now.
    Problem is, Prime Porker was a scorer more than anything so teams would just play the spurs defensively the same way. Pack the paint and limit the frontcourt.

Not like Parker can go supernova outside like Manu. But Parker would make for the easiest minite wise adjusment though. They wouldnt even need to change the SL, but mills will play less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need good wings to go at GS, a bunch of them. Manu easily.
    Need a good PG to make Curry work on defense. Unless Pop would play prime Manu strictly at PG he'd take minutes away from Green who is huge against the Dubs. Prime Parker also uses to destroy CP3, which would help the Spurs against the Clips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    prime manu is always appealing because he was an excellent defender, too

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Manu was tearing up some of the best defenses ever assembled.

Warrior defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need a good PG to make Curry work on defense. Unless Pop would play prime Manu strictly at PG he'd take minutes away from Green who is huge against the Dubs. Prime Parker also uses to destroy CP3, which would help the Spurs against the Clips.
    In my dream scenario Manu plays PG. Prime Parker is still a liability on D against this Warriors teams. Prime Manu, Green and Kawhi could switch anywhere on anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is, Prime Porker was a scorer more than anything so teams would just play the spurs defensively the same way. Pack the paint and limit the frontcourt.

Not like Parker can go supernova outside like Manu. But Parker would make for the easiest minite wise adjusment though. They wouldnt even need to change the SL, but mills will play less.
    The best APG Manure ever had in the playoffs was 6.0 (and 3.0TO)

Not exactly Nash in his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This team right now needs penetrating guards more than ever, and that was MVParker's specialty. His ability to drive opened up shooters which was why LDN was at his best during Parker's prime, so in essence we'd be getting MVParker and LDN at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my dream scenario Manu plays PG. Prime Parker is still a liability on D against this Warriors teams. Prime Manu, Green and Kawhi could switch anywhere on anyone.
    Like I said, if prime Manu was guaranteed to play strictly PG I'd prolly want him, but MVParker was a menace and we saw how he thrived in today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team right now needs penetrating guards more than ever, and that was MVParker's specialty. His ability to drive opened up shooters which was why LDN was at his best during Parker's prime, so in essence we'd be getting MVParker and LDN at the same time.
    Are you implying prime Manu isn't an elite penetrator as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get your point it does sound nice.

But you have to remeber, its for this year specifically. Parker would actually require a major change in the offensive system, He's elite with a legit rollman, while Manu was always better at handling the PnR with a Pick and Pop player.

I do think Parker can potentially turn this team into something much better than Prime Manu...but prime Manu requirs less tinkering with the system..just mlre tinkering with the minutes since he's going to be a ball handling wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better D, better passing, better 3pt shooting, just as good penetrating and finishing skills. To me is a no brainer, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is and was, but MVParker was superior at finishing in the paint and better at the drive and kick. Prime Manu was a much better PnR and better at creating in general. The biggest thing for me, though, is we've already seen MVParker play with this team and how well he made things work. The minutes redistribution with MVParker would also be marginal at worst since Green/Kawhi/Simmons wouldn't be affected.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won 2014 while porker was 0-14 or some .

He shrunk like a midget in 2013.

Didn't he heroball us out in 2012?

Tony's prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is and was, but MVParker was superior at finishing in the paint and better at the drive and kick. Prime Manu was a much better PnR and better at creating in general. The biggest thing for me, though, is we've already seen MVParker play with this team and how well he made things work. The minutes redistribution with MVParker would also be marginal at worst since Green/Kawhi/Simmons wouldn't be affected.
    With how Mills is playing, Green..simmons, old Manu would actually lose minutes since Pop would be forced to play mills in his natural SG position. Making us virneable defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is a next level penetrator, just ask the Barry's

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Oh yea those 16ppg from Prime Manure...

He'd probably foul Wardell on a three when we're up 2 tbh
    Prime Porker would jack up more shots than Kawhi and single-handedly lose the series against the Dublets, tbh.

Thread Information