Page 141 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 4810
    Thank for the updates texas! Any news on who might be the next commit for the 21 or 22 class? Was hoping LJ Johnson would be committing sooner rather than later. Are we 100% out of the running for Ewers?
    Doubt if any one commits till season is over.
    Johnson is proably LSU bound.
    No chance for Ewers unless there is a coaching cnange. All IMO.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Note to self. Don't look at this forum if I am feeling depressed.

So Herman is 30-17 in 3 1/2 years and you are all about to commit suicide. BTW he has won 3 bowl games. He should be at 32-34 wins by end of season (8-8.5 wins per year). If he can win out in reg season then Horns will b in big 12 champ game 2x in 4 years. Probably 50/50 chance of that this season.

Did Mack make the big12 champ 2x in his 1st 4 years?

LJ Johnson is going to LSU? Cuz why? Orgeron is a better coach than Herman???? No. We are losing? No. LSU is much worse than us. If LJ & Ewers don't want to come to Texas then its probably because our fans want the coach fired, the offensive coordinator fired, the d coord fired after the first quarter of the first game.

And when you all get your way and get Herman fired we are going to hire who? 57 year old Urban Meyer??? Jim Harbaugh after he gets fired? Bob Stoops? Mark Stoops? The Florida Coach Mullen? Iowa Sts Coach??? Entice Brian Kelly or Dabo to move to Austin? Kelly & Dabo arent coming and the others aren't a clear upgrade (even urban given his age).

And why would any of those coaches do that other than an old Urban Meyer or Iowa Sts coach? No one is going to want to coach here when he is going to be fired if he is not averaging 10 wins in his first 3 years w/ so so talent to start off with.

I'd vote for Rhule the former Baylor coach but other than that there is no upgrade.

If Herman loses to Kansas, he gotta go. Other than that you support him 100% so we can get best recruiting class possible. We need better talent even if he has a crappy year next year.

Hopefully, we win out and Bijan goes crazy in champ game while D harrasses the out of OUsux.

Hook em. And take your prozac.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    Bujceski finally was punting really well and he goes and tears his own ACL

typical lol

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

So Herman is 30-17 in 3 1/2 years and you are all about to commit suicide. BTW he has won 3 bowl games. He should be at 32-34 wins by end of season (8-8.5 wins per year). If he can win out in reg season then Horns will b in big 12 champ game 2x in 4 years. Probably 50/50 chance of that this season.

LJ Johnson is going to LSU? Cuz why? Orgeron is a better coach than Herman???? No. We are losing? No. LSU is much worse than us. If LJ & Ewers don't want to come to Texas then its probably because our fans want the coach fired, the offensive coordinator fired, the d coord fired after the first quarter of the first game.

And when you all get your way and get Herman fired we are going to hire who? 57 year old Urban Meyer??? Jim Harbaugh after he gets fired? Bob Stoops? Mark Stoops? The Florida Coach Mullen? Iowa Sts Coach??? Entice Brian Kelly or Dabo to move to Austin? Kelly & Dabo arent coming and the others aren't a clear upgrade (even urban given his age).

And why would any of those coaches do that other than an old Urban Meyer or Iowa Sts coach? No one is going to want to coach here when he is going to be fired if he is not averaging 10 wins in his first 3 years w/ so so talent to start off with.

I'd vote for Rhule the former Baylor coach but other than that there is no upgrade.

If Herman loses to Kansas, he gotta go. Other than that you support him 100% so we can get best recruiting class possible. We need better talent even if he has a crappy year next year.

Hopefully, we win out and Bijan goes crazy in champ game while D harrasses the out of OUsux.

I really, really hope they start giving Bijan the lions share of carries, and not doing it by committee.

Yeah they wanted somebody to separate themselves, I think it is safe to say, he has done that

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Its not the stats, its the way we win and lose and the horrible inconsistency.
    If you watch the games its the same thing over and over.
    We only play an entire game in our Bowl games.
    If we played every game with the intensity and focus of the bowl games, Id be happy, even if losing to OU (if we just play well)

And this conference is much weaker than what Mack faced so I think its hard to compare the two.

That being said Im definitely for continuity. but the lack of being able to recruit for example OL... wft is up?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Allow me to retort... Tom Herman.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Poetry, pure poetry.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from Ja'Tavion Sanders (24/7)

The five-star Denton Ryan athlete is on a mission to help the Raiders win a state le, and he's been committed to Texas for over a year. Despite losing a commitment from Sanders' teammate Billy Bowman a few months ago, Sanders said everything is good with his commitment.

"I'm feeling good with them right now," Sanders said. "I just love talking to them."

"They've been talking to me every day," Sanders said. "I talk with coach Giles and coach Herman."

At 6-foot-4, 220 pounds, Sanders is ranked as the No. 2 athlete in the nation and No. 2 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas offers 2022 DE Tyson Ford (Saint Louis, MO)

https://247sports.com/Player/Tyson-Ford-46097287/
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/11413155/Tyson-Ford

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Anwar, Texas DT Keondre Coburn has a minor high ankle sprain, according to his sources.

He should be able to play vs. Kansas but they may hold him back for Iowa St.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Its going to be slow with Herman on the hot seat. I believe LJ is favoring Aggie at the moment. If I was to guess it would be LB, Terrence Cooks, Pearland Shadow Creek.

https://247sports.com/Player/Terrence-Cooks-46086031/
    Terrence Cooks will announce his commitment on Saturday.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Poetry, pure poetry.
    So both our current coordinators are not even close to Head Coach material?
    There is no one from the NFL that could help us?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Herman's MO: high on emotion and low on execution. With all that emotion, they still had a way too close of a game to a very mediocre WV team. After the Tech game, I mentioned the phrase "Good teams win ugly games". While that is still true, a good team doesnt produce a majority (or all) of ugly games; that becomes a matter of incompetent execution.

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So TFloss now works at HornSports?

So TFloss now works at HornSports?
    yep

Supposed to be somewhat of a coaching update on TFB anyone have it by chance?

Supposed to be somewhat of a coaching update on TFB anyone have it by chance?
    More stating the obvious, IMO:
    If they win (esp against ranked ISU at home) or win out, then change can be made in a year to ease financial concerns, but some BMDs want change regardless of season outcome.

My thought: This is going to be a defining decision process for CDC. Deloss couldnt/wouldnt pull the trigger on firing Mack when it needed to happen and the program suffered for years (and still suffers). Deloss wimped out and retired so someone else (Patterson) HAD to fire Mack. I dont think there is any love loss between CDC and TH so it's not the same in that regard but delaying the obvious could set the program back for years or ten years as it was with Mack.
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 11-11-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Yeah imo it’s easy to say win out get to le game and it’s okay but another loss to ou to be 1-5 won’t sit well.

Thread Information