Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phew. These refs were terrible.

Murray's defense on Russell in overtime was great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should win by double digits tomorrow....they over achieved....

No way they shoot 50% from 3 and the field again
    I guess we’ll find out tomorrow night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean trade Patty or a first tbh. What's the closing lineup gonna look like when Derrick is back? Gotta sell high like crazy now, bunch of teams would give up a 1st for him.
    That's like two stupid statements at once, so good job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump up to the 5th seed after the win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what about this game gives you optimism? They were in a dogfight against the mighty 15th-seeded T'Pups.
    Uh, the fact that they beat every take from hot take artists on this forum, yourself included, and got the nail-biting W in this game, for starters?

The fact that they managed to close out against a team shooting 50% from deep? That they didn't let the effort level go down, managed clutch plays, and stayed focused through the ending? That they managed to climb back up from an awful 3rd quarter? The fact that they're in a 3-game winning streak right now, with two of those wins coming from LA teams?

It's such a pessimistic take to say "what about this game gives you optimism?" after you've been screaming SPURS LOSE the entire 4th quarter, tbh. At least acknowledge you were dead wrong, this Spurs squad beat your expectations, and they're playing some solid ball, tbh. Credit where it's due.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon goes for 10 easy points in the first 9 minutes of the game. Kid has a bright future.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "No way they shoot 50% from 3 again"

Lmao they'll shoot 60% against this defense that hands out open corner 3's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great win tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie, Vassell probably play more tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should win by double digits tomorrow....they over achieved....

No way they shoot 50% from 3 and the field again
    Spurs have the worst 3-pt defense in the league, and after tonight it won't even be close.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/sta...hree-point-pct

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win! All these comments make it seem like I’m on another teams chat board, smdh. Be happy we winning and the youngins are getting experience, sheesh

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's like two stupid statements at once, so good job.
    He's not wrong. At all. Contract year Patty is the perfect player teams would throw a 1st for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs W baby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have the worst 3-pt defense in the league, and after tonight it won't even be close.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/sta...hree-point-pct
    I also assume we have won of the worst pick & roll defenses in the league as well. Pop's schemes are not ideal right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, the fact that they beat every take from hot take artists on this forum, yourself included, and got the nail-biting W in this game, for starters?

The fact that they managed to close out against a team shooting 50% from deep? That they didn't let the effort level go down, managed clutch plays, and stayed focused through the ending? That they managed to climb back up from an awful 3rd quarter? The fact that they're in a 3-game winning streak right now, with two of those wins coming from LA teams?

It's such a pessimistic take to say "what about this game gives you optimism?" after you've been screaming SPURS LOSE the entire 4th quarter, tbh. At least acknowledge you were dead wrong, this Spurs squad beat your expectations, and they're playing some solid ball, tbh. Credit where it's due.
    this post screams vanilla take. They'll let the T'Pups shoot 50%+ from three tomorrow night too, its not like today was any sort of anomaly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs got away with one tonight. These kinds of things tend to even out over time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs

Starters MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    D. DeRozanSF 44 13-23 0-2 12-13 1 4 5 5 0 0 1 1 +4 38
    K. JohnsonSF 42 6-12 2-5 3-4 3 6 9 4 1 0 0 3 +4 17
    L. AldridgeC 33 4-11 1-3 1-2 1 2 3 1 2 1 0 4 +5 10
    D. MurrayPG 41 7-18 3-6 5-6 2 12 14 4 1 1 2 2 +7 22
    L. Walker IVSG 28 2-8 1-3 2-2 0 2 2 0 2 0 0 1 +6 7
    Bench MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    R. GaySF 17 4-9 1-3 0-0 0 4 4 3 0 1 1 2 -3 9
    J. PoeltlC 16 0-3 0-0 1-2 3 4 7 1 1 0 2 1 -3 1
    P. MillsPG 30 8-14 5-8 0-0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 +0 21
    D. VassellSG 15 0-3 0-2 0-0 2 2 4 3 1 0 0 1 -5 0

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear, I'll never understand the ST brand of pessimism towards their own team.......
    You must not have watched them do really, really, dumb things like compete against themselves for a rebound and lose it to the other team and other nonsense 10 times a game. Our lone center refuses to dunk. We just started shooting 3s yesterday and only manage like 5 made per game when the league average is 40. Our point guard can't dribble. The most naturally talented and watch-worthy guys on the team other than Derozan don't take lots of shots. Pop doesn't gameplan or call plays. We leave the opponents best 3-point shooters open on literally every possession. No one on the team instinctively recognizes game situations except maybe Devin.

There are reasons.

-This post is hyperbolic but not far enough away from the truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldons off ball defense was some of the worst I have ever seen. Beasley got so many open looks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, seriously. Does anyone really think we win this game last year? no, we don't. That squad doesn't even get it to OT, tbh, likely a 10pt deficit after that Wolves run in the 4th.

So many posters unable to acknowledge that the team is actually better this season. They have noticeably better (albeit improvable) defense, which allows them to stay in games that would otherwise slip out of reach, and make a couple timely buckets to get in front. Young guys almost all look markedly improved, team cohesiveness and camaraderie is great RN. Vets are playing useful roles whilst not hogging the ball too much, and have taken a backseat to the young players on the roster, most notably DJ. Overall, it's a much, much better team effort on both ends of the court - which directly translates into fun games to watch, no matter the outcome. I haven't been bored by a single of our games except for the Jazz blunder, and that's something to say considering I regularly found myself switching channels last season.

Go ing Spurs go. 3 game W streak. Tonight... We celebrate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldons off ball defense was some of the worst I have ever seen. Beasley got so many open looks
    I noticed it too this game, and the last one. He's a good on-ball defender but has a LOT to learn in terms of off-ball awareness, play reading, and acting before a play takes place. I'm trying to keep in mind that he's only a second year player, though, but it can still be frustrating at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5-4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this post screams vanilla take. They'll let the T'Pups shoot 50%+ from three tomorrow night too, its not like today was any sort of anomaly.
    What's the point of non-vanilla takes when they're absolutely wrong? You were flinging at the walls to see if anything stuck all game long, tbh, and were dead wrong in every one of your assumptions. Hurray for non-vanilla takes, I guess...?

Funny that you still can't manage to bring yourself to say the Spurs grinded out a good W. It would've undeniably been a loss last season - and that sort of linear, upwards progression is valuable regardless of anything else, tbh. Especially considering it's mostly at the hands of our young players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    team just has to play smarter basketball on offense. Especially in the 4th. On defense we have to fix giving up these open 3s, that's a huge red flag as well as our pick & roll D.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who's saying we're not winning it?
    We would have won handedly if we could get literally anything out of our backup center...

So far this season when Poeltl has been on the floor we are playing 3.5 on 5 offensively

Thread Information