Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are reasons though that training camp won't be that bad or totally awkward for Aldridge.

1. The national media will be embedding with the Warriors, the Cavs, and the improved contenders like Houston and OKC, and even Philly. They won't care about old boring San Antonio bringing back Mills and trash.

2. The San Antonio media are so afraid of rocking the boat they'll let everyone off the hook as far as repeated, pointed questions. Even the digital guys from spurs blogs won't push anything. They're not even smart enough to ask easy obvious questions about stuff like summer league and draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really has no choice, but to bust his hump if he's looking for another decent contract from another team.

His credibility undoubtedly has already taken a big hit around the league when he's complaining about playing on a team that is known for it's unselfish play and the FO's loyalty to their players.

He could learn from a guy like Pau Gasol, who accepted a role off the bench and did very well. Not only is he staying, he actually turned down a big payday for more security.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just glad none us are GM's for the SPURS. would get real ugly quick for the SPURS, if they had a sweepstakes where you could be a GM for a day w/ full control to make all decisions. I give SPURS credit for what they've done with what is available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really has no choice, but to bust his hump if he's looking for another decent contract from another team.

His credibility undoubtedly has already taken a big hit around the league when he's complaining about playing on a team that is known for it's unselfish play and the FO's loyalty to their players.

He could learn from a guy like Pau Gasol, who accepted a role off the bench and did very well. Not only is he staying, he actually turned down a big payday for more security.
    Does he really have no choice? He'll either get traded, or stay and opt-in to free money.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been out of shape for two straight seasons. I doubt it.

He doesn't seem like the type to bust his ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love how the LMA train emoji is one big L.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his pride is hurt because he got his pushed in when he had to be the man against the Warriors after Kawhi went down. Everyone took a dump on him after which probably pissed him off as I think he feels he's an elite player.

The other point is he obviously thinks he would perform/shoot better if he was the number 1 option. He said in something along those lines after one of the games in the Houston series. They asked him what the difference was after he had a big game, and he said something along the lines of he got the ball more and was in more of a rhythm. I think he believes that if he's in a rhythm and getting the ball more, he will hit more shots and put up bigger numbers. Basically, I don't think he likes the Spurs offense and they way it was run/constructed. He feels it's making him look bad and he doesn't like people dumping on him. He definitely feels/thinks he's a rhythm player that needs more touches and shots to get his rhythm so that he can play/look a lot better.

The other things I'd love to know is whether or not he leaked what Steven A. Smith said, or if Steven A. Smith got that from someone close to him that said it privately (that shouldn't have said it), and then SAS just ran with it. LMA couldn't be that dumb could he? If he leaked it himself, then he's overestimated his value and it's backfired big time as no
    Excellent post.. I feel like his unwillingness and whining about playing a role hurts his trade value immensely. We have all these star players, teaming up all over the league. Well that means you have to fit into some kind of a role, or change your game. Paul just went to Houston and will obviously play the Point. Well Harden had his best season ever playing the point this year. Now he makes another adjustment. Even with the Warrior taking on KD, meant less shots for a 2 time league MVP. Now LA is no Curry, so just going to a team to be the man again, is not what teams want to hear. They don't want to hear it, because he is not that great to begin with. Teams are trying to load up to win. So a guy that will moan about not being in rhythm, and needing more shots, is not going to fly. I feel like it is getting likely he needs to play out the year, and play well. Leave as a FA at the end of it. Maybe he gets traded at the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I'll play my way into shape during training camp."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope that he plays well enough so that we can move him before the trade deadline midseason. That is the only thing I am hoping for.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the Silence of the Spurs a good thing?????????
    We shall see. I want another player but no one whos available or was available. I want either a pg or big man, that's a two way player, whos not undersized, or too old. I want LMA to be the player we need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as much money being thrown I would be working my butt off to get some of that Green..$$$$

Three And Counting ...
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's to him getting 30 a game so we can trade his butt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just please don't show up to camp out of shape again, if he does that for the 3rd time, he's gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Pop shows some real sack and benches LMA if he sees that he's not putting in effort on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Pop shows some real sack and benches LMA if he sees that he's not putting in effort on the floor.
    That'd be great. Bench that got in a contract year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just please don't show up to camp out of shape again, if he does that for the 3rd time, he's gone.
    He has no reason to sandbag it again. He'll get benched and lose more money if he tried pulling that , thus lowering his value next off-season. He wouldn't be that stupid, would he?

Thread Information