Page 134 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4270
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun probably is the four.
    Not in this era and before you mention Sabonis, that's by default since the Pacers lack a modern four (even if you want to say Warren, they don't have the wing depth to accommodate it) and since Turner is a top 3-5 player on the team and compliments him about as well as another center could, they're forced into starting and playing them together some.

If we get Sengun, I see Eubanks as the more likely casualty. I think they would be silly to not pursue Dieng. But hey, silliness happens.
    I agree that they should do that. Since Sengun is unlikely to play much as a rookie anyway, re-sign Dieng for 2 years, let him serve as the primary backup until late in the season when they're buried and if the former is ready to usurp him sometime during the following season, the latter could become a trade/buyout candidate.

In the meantime, Eubanks could be thrown into trade packages.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we draft Sengun, I agree that we will have to make a choice (2 of 3) from Poetl, Eubanks and resigning Dieng. However if it's between Poetl and Eubanks, I suspect it may be made more on the basis of what they can get for whom...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roko Prkacin withdrew from the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I still find it hard to believe the Spurs will move on from Poeltl. I’m more inclined to believe they’ll force Sengun into a 4 than have him at his natural position (im no coach) and maybe it will work. Yes, Sengun has a long road ahead of him to be an actual contributor, but still. I think Poeltl is here as the long term starting C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any player they draft at #12 you’d expect the Spurs to have a vision of them being a starter down the road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs draft Sengun I believe he’ll be Jakobs backup, and eventually the starter. The spurs have bought into playing a small 4 (Keldon/Luka)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I still find it hard to believe the Spurs will move on from Poeltl. I’m more inclined to believe they’ll force Sengun into a 4 than have him at his natural position (im no coach) and maybe it will work. Yes, Sengun has a long road ahead of him to be an actual contributor, but still. I think Poeltl is here as the long term starting C.
    I can see moving on from Poeltl, but not yet. I do see a Sengun-Poeltl possibility in the frontcourt, like we've seen Lopez-Giannis in Milwaukee. But we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff guys.

If that is indeed Pop, pretty encouraging for team Sengun.

Not long now. Going to get at least two solid prospects come draft time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is the photo from the story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either Poeltl is gone, or I hope Sengun’s worked on his quickness by a lot (if he’s the pick)
    It’s no secret Pop likes bigs who can be an offensive threat. I believe that was the pursuit of Lamarcus and Pau. They have tended to play smaller because of team composition and not being able to replace those bigs but this pick wouldn’t surprise me at all.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-19-2021 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Spell check

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs draft Sengun I believe he’ll be Jakobs backup, and eventually the starter. The spurs have bought into playing a small 4 (Keldon/Luka)
    I can see moving on from Poeltl, but not yet. I do see a Sengun-Poeltl possibility in the frontcourt, like we've seen Lopez-Giannis in Milwaukee. But we'll see.
    I’ll clarify and say that the reasoning behind my post is purely based off on Pop’s words during the season. I think they view him as a real anchor for the team defensively. He drew massive praise. Not the fake praise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is apparently at the workout per Sengun’s IG story. Quick turnaround from the USAB game yesterday
    Intriguing that Pop wanted to see him in person…. Aha moment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intriguing that Pop wanted to see him in person…. Aha moment
    My guess is they might try to get others in before Pop has to go to Japan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is they might try to get others in before Pop has to go to Japan.
    Yup, prioritizing subjects of high interest…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At comparing traditional bigs to Antetokounmpo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At comparing traditional bigs to Antetokounmpo.
    Eh.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deanondraft says that both he and Mobley could be better than Jokic. I’ve been team Sengün since Dejounte’s poll started.
    I’ve always viewed Jokic as an anomaly. That physical make up doesn’t usually translate to today’s game at the level he’s at.

Is this guy another Zeller?

What are his comps?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve always viewed Jokic as an anomaly. That physical make up doesn’t usually translate to today’s game at the level he’s at.

What are his comps?
    higher IQ Isaiah Stewart with less strength and wingspan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What are his comps?
    It's really weird hearing people say "that physical make up doesn't translate" to today's NBA when there are a number of other players with Jokic's physical make up throughout the NBA. I think draft makes some people get weird, like they think the league is filled with only ridiculous athletes.

https://deanondraft.com/2021/07/10/i...ented-to-fail/

That same site givs rundowns of Sengun vs. Sabonis and Kevin Love, then a wider breakdown vs. Embiid, Draymond Green, Blake Griffin, etc., on the defensive side of the ball as each came into the league.

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Sengün falls to 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Sengün falls to 12.
    we have been saying this about nearly every prospect now lmao

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really weird hearing people say "that physical make up doesn't translate" to today's NBA when there are a number of other players with Jokic's physical make up throughout the NBA. I think draft makes some people get weird, like they think the league is filled with only ridiculous athletes.

https://deanondraft.com/2021/07/10/i...ented-to-fail/

That same site givs rundowns of Sengun vs. Sabonis and Kevin Love, then a wider breakdown vs. Embiid, Draymond Green, Blake Griffin, etc., on the defensive side of the ball as each came into the league.
    Great read. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun on his way to Orlando for a workout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What are his comps?
    Jokic WAS an anomaly. The rules changes of 2015 will generate new kinds of players. It’s inevitable.

Thread Information