Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    ^ that would explain offering/taking all these very low 3 stars with very few offers from other power 5 conferences.........tom herman said in a video recently that his staff was going to recruit with evaluations from now on & not rankings

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    247 mod on the 2 commitments happening tomorrow brooks & cain........

I'll say this, and I really dont' want to discuss it much more because a commitment date should be an exciting day for a kid and I don't want his to be about people discussing if he should be a take. Guys like Brooks and Cain aren't normally to the level Texas recruits at. I believe in our rankings for the most part
    coleman for samples was a terrible mistake by herman

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    ok this is really becoming a problem now.......texas mods are reporting that texas will now accept the commitment soon from a near 2* wr whose best offers besides texas are bethune cookman & alabama a&m.......

bruh coleman for samples isnt working out
    https://247sports.com/player/jaden-alexis-46085256/

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    texas mod on todays texas commitments

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Casey Cain's game film is pretty damn impressive. This kid is a player.

Also keep in mind Texas will likely follow the LSU model and move on if someone better comes along. This is a different year than most.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    as if the wr recruiting couldnt get worse.......presley set a commitment date for tomorrow& he just got a fong cb to baylor.........coleman is an absolutely pathetic recruiter he better be an elite talent developer or letting samples go to smu for him will be hermans death blow

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    this staff better pick it up or we are looking at taking nothing but low bread for the entire class4

Wheaton CB'd to OU
    We're going to miss on Wheaton and LJ

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    deuce harmon is currently on campus.......rumor is he ia filming hia commitment video........jay valai is turning out to be a wonderful hire

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Our WR class is only going to be about 2 guys in this cycle, and we don't have any seniors so I don't sweat what Coleman is doing with recruiting. I love the video on Cain, he looks legit. For Coleman, the proof is going to be in the results. He needs to make what we have on campus look legit, then the other big boys are going to start looking our way. Two years ago we had the best WR haul in the country, time for those guys to step up and prove it.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    So Roach is saying that Jonah Miller is about to commit to Oregon and he’s worried about where OL recruiting is headed. On top of the piece about having to “trust the coaches evaluations” after landing Cain, sounds like things arent going well.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    another day another negative recruiting tidbit........this staff is absolutely pathetically getting manhandled.......all of u who wanted developers as coaches u got what u wished for.......i knew herman wasnt really about winning when he let tim brewster go to aggy & passed on tosh lupoi & samples........

According to Wiltfong, Bama leads.
    Fong is also about to enter a CB for LJ Johnson to A&M

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    another day another negative recruiting tidbit........this staff is absolutely pathetically getting manhandled.......all of u who wanted developers as coaches u got what u wished for.......i knew herman wasnt really about winning when he let tim brewster go to aggy & passed on tosh lupoi & samples........
    Yes, you are right, he hates Texas and wants to drive the program into the ground, he hates his career and wants to sabotage it just to spite the Texas fans. What you don't know is he secretly hates puppies and Jesus.

You did the same thing last year and we had a damn good class. Let the season play out, then lets see where we are at, he is either going to have a great season and a great class or he is going to have a crappy season and a crappy class and then get replaced.

No middle road this year.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Yes, you are right, he hates Texas and wants to drive the program into the ground, he hates his career and wants to sabotage it just to spite the Texas fans. What you don't know is he secretly hates puppies and Jesus.

You did the same thing last year and we had a damn good class. Let the season play out, then lets see where we are at, he is either going to have a great season and a great class or he is going to have a crappy season and a crappy class and then get replaced.

No middle road this year.
    bruh i know i went overboard last year with the reaction but its not the same this year........texas got rid of elite recruiters who btw r absolutely knocking it out of the park at their new jobs.......beck/washington/samples r reeling in studs..........of the remaining elite recruits texas r targeting they r all trending elsewhere its not looking good at all.......even herman came out & said recently that texas is taking a new strategy of recruiting lowly ranked players like he did at houston..........

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    bruh i know i went overboard last year with the reaction but its not the same this year........texas got rid of elite recruiters who btw r absolutely knocking it out of the park at their new jobs.......beck/washington/samples r reeling in studs..........of the remaining elite recruits texas r targeting they r all trending elsewhere its not looking good at all.......even herman came out & said recently that texas is taking a new strategy of recruiting lowly ranked players like he did at houston..........
    Keep in mind that most of the kids that have committed have done so without visiting their the schools they have committed to. This is going to be a big year for kids de-committing and committing elsewhere.

Texas is going to have a great year baring some crazy injuries like last year, and if they do, then then some of these guys we missed on are going to be coming back around. The big thing is that Texas needs to win those big games. Right now other schools are telling recruits that Tom Herman is about to be fired, and Texas can't put kids into the NFL.

Both are actually valid as of right now, but if Tom has a good year both those arguments will be done.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    5* player on why he & other recruits r not picking texas.....looks like the negative pitches r working

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    5* player on why he & other recruits r not picking texas.....looks like the negative pitches r working

He says it so I guess it must be true. Over the last 5 years, every Texas 5'star has either gotten drafted or is still in school. It's an easy search, Texas has had one 5'star and that was Malik Jefferson.

Of our 4'star guys, As with every coaching change, there is always a lot of attrition. Texas from the 2015 class had something like 17 4'star and 9 of those transferred before their 2nd year. That left 8 4'star players, 2 retired for medical reasons, 3 didn't pan out and 3 got drafted. Plus a couple of 3'star guys also got drafted.

Herman is doing a much better job at developing than Mack or strong has done. Texas has put several 3'star guys into the NFL. Poona Ford, Connor Williams, Lil Jordan Humphrey, and Michael son.

Are we doing as well as Ohio State? No, and that goes for LSU, Bama, Georgia etc. However Texas has been a bad team for the last 10 years, and only under Herman we have started to come out from under this rock. I'm not worried what one recruit is being told by Ohio State, they tell the same thing to every kid they recruit in the state of Texas. It's their sell. Doesn't mean it is true.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    king just decomitted & mukuba is now dissing texas om twitter........something is definitely amiss with the staff herman put together........if texas has another down season the next coach better hire bagmen or we will continue to be mid 2000s aggy

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    well this would explain why he decomitted......recruits r now actively negative recruiting texas & the big12......

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    247 is now saying king reached out to auburn after his texas virtual was meh & boring.......247 said the king virtual visit blew texas' out of the water & won him over......
    ish like this is unacceptable

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    247 mod confirms the sec angle was why he made the switch.........texas has to leave the big12 asap to change the perception......not even ou who has made the playoffs 3 times is recruiting well because of the sec pitch that has taken its toll..........aggy really opened up the state.........i trust cdc to move us to the big10 next realignment........

I talked to some more sources who said the kid just feels a real strong pull to the SEC

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    texas with a new silent commit

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    My first choice is to blow up both the Big 12 and Pac 12 to form a new single conference headlined by Texas, USC and blowu. Get rid of the teams that don't belong like ISU WSU Tech etc. My second choice is Texas and blowu to the Big 10. It would tip the balance of power away from the SEC.

If neither of those happen then I'd prefer Texas to go independent, then they can make their own rules.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    the trend continues texas mods r now saying texas leads & will accept the commitment from a player whose only other offer is arkansas state........

https://247sports.com/Player/Jonathan-Jones-46098189/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the trend continues texas mods r now saying texas leads & will accept the commitment from a player whose only other offer is arkansas state........

https://247sports.com/Player/Jonathan-Jones-46098189/
    You just posted a link that shows he has offers from BSU, Baylor, Arizona, ASU, Tech, KU, Nebraska, KSU, ISU, MU, Hawaii, and about 10 others.

Kid looks to have a good frame, and his film is pretty good, you can tell he is very raw.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    You just posted a link that shows he has offers from BSU, Baylor, Arizona, ASU, Tech, KU, Nebraska, KSU, ISU, MU, Hawaii, and about 10 others.

Kid looks to have a good frame, and his film is pretty good, you can tell he is very raw.
    roach said most of those are non committable

Thread Information