Page 106 of 108 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2700
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Foldren wrong about Sweden. It is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    moar Trump supporter whataboutery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignore the man behind the curtain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuomo is behind Sweden's curtain?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweden's COVID infections among highest in Europe, with 'no sign of decrease'

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ay-2021-04-13/

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweden's COVID infections among highest in Europe, with 'no sign of decrease'

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ay-2021-04-13/
    Fake cases up.

Fake deaths still quite low.

Deaths remained at a relatively low 1.7 daily fatalities per million people, below the European average of 4.3 deaths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [vacuous post no one cares about]
    :zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    :zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Only a third of the Euro average. Lockdowns and face diapers killing people even covid wise. That (badly) hurts your vagina.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a third of the Euro average. Lockdowns and face diapers killing people even covid wise. That (badly) hurts your vagina.
    So COVID deaths are actually real, derp?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, you aren't even making grammatical sense at this point. Your blathering is taking on a special kind of incoherence.

Am I supposed to care about this post? I don't.

If you can't be bothered to actually state coherent ideas, I'm not bothering with trying to understand your blathering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So COVID deaths are actually real, derp?

Yes or no.
    That's what I mean. This is just getting weird. Derp has gone off the deep end.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RandomCuck and Derp mad cos they got theirv kicked in. Par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RandomCuck and Derp mad cos they got theirv kicked in. Par.
    Are COVID deaths real, derp?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy I'm getting sick of the "Sweden argument" from the anti-lockdown crowd on the hole known as twitter. Conservative media is also on the Sweden bandwagon. Let's take it apart.

"Sweden proves lockdowns don't really work, and they haven't torpedoed their economy based on faulty models and wrong assumptions about the virus's mortality rate."

Sweden is not "business as usual."

They can't have events with more than 50 people. School closures for over 16. And even though their stay-at-home orders aren't as stringent as everyone else's, the Swedish have voluntary stayed-at-home. Here's their movement data.

https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobi..._Report_en.pdf

Key figure here is the -41% in retail and recreation. That is only 7 percentage points lower than California's https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobi..._Report_en.pdf.

What this means is that Sweden's lax measures aren't doing much to prop up the hardest hit economic sectors (your bars, restaurants, clubs, theaters) because people aren't too keen on going to those right now. So "the Swedish Model" isn't going to help with that if we stupidly try to apply it here.

"We should apply the Swedish model to save the economy, as they've proven you can have an open economy and mitigate spread."

Sweden hasn't "mitigated" the spread at all. Let's return to that above movement data from them and California. California is socially distancing a bit more, but given the exponential nature of epidemic growth, that 41% vs. 48% figure in retail/recreation movement and 24% vs, 40% in workplace movement has proven huge. California has 4 times the population of Sweden, 5 times the population density, more multi-person homes (Sweden has one of the highest rates of single person homes in Europe), more international travel, and CA's death rate is 37 per million vs. Sweden's 192 million.

"Other Euro countries have locked down and are doing worse than Sweden."

Countries like the Netherlands and Belgium have not locked down, with the former going for the herd immunity strategy. Not working out too well for them. And many of those other hard hit regions in Europe are suffering because they were late to lockdown. And the UK went for the herd immunity strategy early on and is on pace to become the hardest hit country in Europe.

That said, I won't argue if the Swedish strategy works for Sweden. But the supporters of that strategy are making the apples to oranges comparison fallacy. Sweden's population density is 57 people per sq mile. That's lower than Utah's, a sparse state. 50 percent of their working population already worked from home before this. They have more single person households. I would assume the average Swede is in better physical shape than the average American. They have no cities with over 1 million people. They have some things in their favor that they can try this strategy that many US regions don't. It might work on a very region specific basis, but not countrywide. And it has no hope in of working in densely populated areas.
    Ain't hearing too much about Sweden lately..wonder why

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, right..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time will tell if Sweden made a good or bad choice. Took balls to go their route tho.
    Pretty brave to risk so many lives. Heroic really

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like Sweden is finally in the clear.
    Oh, thank God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong. The closer you get to the avg life span the higher the risk of death. That is science

The argument is no one healthy had a death rate remotely close to flu extremely rare and extremely low rate for working class. There was no lockdown there were no masks. There was no over testing. Strange that non politicized covid is less destructive than politicized covid.
    Strange indeed!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aint that a shame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aint that a shame
    Almost as shameful as the Republicans who refuse to post itt tbh

Darrin Chris
    tholdren

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things you can bet on.

Republicans are allergic to admitting their party ed up.

The ones that vote that way avoid threads where ups are rubbed in their noses. It is how they collectively deal with cognitive dissonance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A year and a half after Sweden decided not to lock down, its COVID-19 death rate is up to 10 times higher than its neighbors

Sweden has recorded more COVID-19 cases per capita than most countries so far: Since the start of the pandemic, roughly 11 out of every 100 people in Sweden have been diagnosed with COVID-19, compared with 9.4 out of every 100 in the UK and 7.4 per 100 in Italy. Sweden has also recorded around 145 COVID-19 deaths for every 100,000 people - around three times more than Denmark, eight times more than Finland, and nearly 10 times more than Norway.

Had Sweden implemented tighter rules, experts told Insider, the country might have seen a COVID-19 death toll more similar to those Nordic neighbors.

"They underestimated the mortality tremendously," Claudia Hanson, an associate professor at Sweden's Karolinska Ins ute, told Insider.

"Sweden became a dream for many people to think one can do it differently," Hanson added. But in retrospect, she said, "it was maybe not a good idea."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ soda straw view

Thread Information