Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A silly thing for you to do. You can’t imagine it.

Maybe he’ll take the money if the Spurs offer it, but he will know he’s signing with a loser. You think losing impinges on ego?
    No not so much. It's getting paid less than what he believes he deserves is what will impinge his ego.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    starting to fear he's going to be back

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man look here, I'm squarely on team No-DeRozan so looking for any silver linings if they resign him. None of us want to watch 82 games next year and hating the focal point of the offense.

My expectation is he signs here reluctantly for the money, but will become increasingly malcontent when the losses pile up.
    He'll be unloaded like Mike Finley in 2009 with hopefully a 1st rounder in return.

That's the road of optimism.
    It's going to be hard to unload him like Michael Finley considering if he resigns than the Spurs are paying him over 10 mil plus per year and most likely 20 mil per yer. They can't cut him like Finley. Also teams don't value him enough to trade first round picks for him. The last few years should indicate to you that teams don't care about Demar. Spurs have never gotten offers for him from anybody. The closet rumor we have heard for him the last few years is Kuzma for him and even then the Lakers weren't aggressive about it.

Demar has a bad rep throughout the league and it should be obvious now with the lack of interest that teams have shown for him in FA. It reminds me of Carmelo's rep a few years back except Demar wasn't a bad teammate but because he can't hit 3's nobody wants to touch him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Markkanen still in play. Even though I don’t want him personally. With that said, he’s an expiring and if the Spurs can somehow squeeze a FRP out of Chicago for DeMar, that’d be awesome. Doubtful but who knows.

Last edited by BatManu20; 08-03-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's trying to play the market, and going to find out the market doesn't want to pay him what he expects. He's a good player, but not a GREAT player, and other teams are quickly using up the assets they would have needed to sign him.
    Disagree that he's a good player. If he was he would have gotten an offer in the ~$20 million range. I mean Fournier just got $18 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No not so much. It's getting paid less than what he believes he deserves is what will impinge his ego.

You don’t think losing matters “so much” to those guys? C’mon now.

I remind you of the video of Lonnie crying, and saying, “I hate losing.” Remember that?

For the average citizen the money he makes is his only measure of success. So that’s where his ego is. He has no chance at any kind of championship, or other major distinction.

I don’t know what DDR will do. He might follow the money, and return to a losing situation. Or he might not.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remind you of the video of Lonnie crying, and saying, “I hate losing.” Remember that?

For the average citizen the money he makes is his only measure of success. So that’s where his ego is. He has no chance at any kind of championship, or other major distinction.

I don’t know what DDR will do. He might follow the money, and return to a losing situation. Or he might not.
    The money is a show of respect to them. Just like it is to every other person with a job.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Mill and Gay out, def feels like Spurs are going in different direction. Don’t see DDR back unless it’s at a great number

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Look at a guy like Joe Johnson that always took max contracts on bad teams. I have seen a recent interview where Joe has said that he has no regrets for taking all the money and never being on a le contender. These guys like anybody usually care about the money first over anything.

Lonnie crying doesn't make a difference. He's a young guy but I guarantee you when his rookie contract is up he's going to be looking for the best deal possible regardless of whether he can be in a winning or losing situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t see DDR back unless it’s at a great number
    And then only as mid-season trade bait.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A mid-season trade bait that no team will want. Derozan has next to zero trade value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Markannen for the max instead of Derozan coming back on a 1yr/vet min tbh, I hate having him on this team that much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurs literally sat on their asses this past trade deadline, what makes you think they'll know how to trade Derozan when he's older and likely on a long term contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurs literally sat on their asses this past trade deadline, what makes you think they'll know how to trade Derozan when he's older and likely on a long term contract
    It would be a desperate bargain contract signed by DeRozan -- that was the premise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Markannen for the max instead of Derozan coming back on a 1yr/vet min tbh, I hate having him on this team that much
    Agreed I feel the same way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read this thread and counted 22 no's and two yes's.

I know ST isn't exactly representative of the fans at large but I'd say even that number is 60% no at the very least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read this thread and counted 22 no's and two yes's.

I know ST isn't exactly representative of the fans at large but I'd say even that number is 60% no at the very least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to be looking everywhere else but here. Guess thats a good sign

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not gong to play for cheap on a le contender. The minimum I could see him taking is 10 mil a year. There is no le contender out there that has that money when you look at the landscape.
    Good point. Really don’t want Lauri, but I guess they’re trying for Collins with the s&t as plan b? 5 white big men lmao

Thread Information