Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I heard on ESPN radio this evening that this guarantees Rondo is on his way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics will be rebuilding for the next decade.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I heard on ESPN radio this evening that this guarantees Rondo is on his way.
    For CAP, that makes sense, but Rondo with his passing, defense, and rebounding is actually a very favorable PG for Steven's system. Not sure he's coachable, but his skillset is pretty close.

Kawhiiii
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays the triangle I heard?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never been a fan of hiring college coaches in the NBA. It rarely works out. Even though it is technically the same game, the job is so different. In college, its all about personality, reputation, and recruiting. In the NBA, it is more about managing egos. Its a lot harder to get NBA players to buy into a system, which is why college coaches usually don't succeed.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Has any college coach ever succeeded? The best one I can think of is PJ Carlesimo and he's been average at best. Pitino was ok with the Knicks but sucked at Boston. Cal was awful with the Nets other than one 8th seeded season.

Spurs, Colts, Cowboys, and Irish SpursFanFirst's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of Rivals and Scout is flabbergasted. Nobody saw this coming. Everyone had him waiting out the Tabacco Road jobs, or Indiana.
    Stevens was never going to leave Butler for another college job.
    It's bittersweet for Stevens fans. I'd love for him to stay with Butler, but hoping this will be a positive move for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stevens was never going to leave Butler for another college job.
    It's bittersweet for Stevens fans. I'd love for him to stay with Butler, but hoping this will be a positive move for him.
    Of course he would. NBA teams weren't exactly lining up to sign the guy. Celtics just decided to get creative here.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Has any college coach ever succeeded? The best one I can think of is PJ Carlesimo and he's been average at best. Pitino was ok with the Knicks but sucked at Boston. Cal was awful with the Nets other than one 8th seeded season.
    Larry Brown...

Spurs, Colts, Cowboys, and Irish SpursFanFirst's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he would. NBA teams weren't exactly lining up to sign the guy. Celtics just decided to get creative here.
    Of course he would, what? Leave Butler? He made it well known that he was never going to leave for another school. He felt honored that they even took a chance on an unknown, and he was going to stay loyal to them. He turned down much more lucrative previous offers, including a very hard push by UCLA, even when Butler made it known that they'd never be able to match or even come close to what other were willing to spend. Money and fame don't drive him.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Indiana, Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, North Carolina, and, of course, Indiana would all pull Stevens. He's a Midwest/East Coast guy, so UCLA never made sense.

There's a lot of conspiracy theories that he's taken this job to have NBA experience so when those schools come calling, he's able to sell himself that much more to 5-star talent the way Cal, Pitino, and K do with their NBA experience.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Celtics will be rebuilding for the next decade.
    Eh, depends on how we hit the draft picks. Ainge has been semi-decent with picks and we have a good amount.

Thread Information