Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan not only looked rusty, he'd didn't have the usual spring in his legs. He looked like a washed up player in this game.

It's just ridiculous that the Spurs have players that are just a step too slow: Gasol, Cunningham, Pondexter. It's already bad enough that Aldridge is a slow player, but why the do they have these other guys???!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp. Spurs escaped that one. Had Nets sunk more FT’s, we’d be cussing how terrible they have played. The pass to Aldridge I thought would be another horrific deja vu. Somehow they have came down executing from 2-3 weeks ago when the 3 pt squad was clicking with Poeltl. DDR was a playmaker. Aldridge outrunning his defender to position himself deep. Idk if it’s the emergence of Pau causing inconsistent minutes to Poeltl and shaking his confidence, the lackluster play of DDR maybe not getting ASG nod? Or is he ailing? Not happy? What gives??

The bright side is the emergence and aggressiveness of White. He is realizing his importance in the team and not just a role player. Right now I’d put him 2nd option. If he cannot find LMA, he should attack the basket and lure the defenders to open the open shots. One thing missing though, passing in traffic. He’s taking the acrobatic shots instead of setting up his teammate for a dunk, easy basket. Also postup on smaller guards, like Mark Jackson or Kobe with a pass to Fisher/Forbes or is that a thing of the past? And just do a Harden iso? I never like Harden iso though. It’s fools gold, like Rust Westbrook. Stats padding. Just the same, great game by White!

I hope Pop figures out the lineup after the ASG when every win is a must for positioning. I really think Spurs are top 2 when healthy and playing solid. Yup top 2 and can even beat Dubs if all planets aligned. Just need to get some luck going our way. GSG!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the rodeo trip is coming. And if you believe the narrative, DDR is sore.
    Pau coming back, need to find if he still has some. Lackluster play of DDR needing help on D hence Q-Pon and Dante. Some injuries maybe due to fatigue or hence stretch the rotation? I think it’s obvious Pau is gone and hopefully it’s just building his trade value but I doubt it. But Poeltl needs consistent minutes with the 3 pt squad. I keep hoping Walker make that leapt because that would be awesome instead of Dante and Q-Pon. I hope Pop decides soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau coming back, need to find if he still has some. Lackluster play of DDR needing help on D hence Q-Pon and Dante. Some injuries maybe due to fatigue or hence stretch the rotation? I think it’s obvious Pau is gone and hopefully it’s just building his trade value but I doubt it. But Poeltl needs consistent minutes with the 3 pt squad. I keep hoping Walker make that leapt because that would be awesome instead of Dante and Q-Pon. I hope Pop decides soon.
    Walker is physically and mentally ready to play. What he's lacks is familiarity with the plays. Honestly, I'll slot him in-place with DeRozan and it won't make a big difference!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judging by this game we could really use that Carroll guy. Too bad the Nets are a playoff team now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker is physically and mentally ready to play. What he's lacks is familiarity with the plays. Honestly, I'll slot him in-place with DeRozan and it won't make a big difference!
    when DeRozan shoots 5/16 and has troubles catching the ball even slotting the corps of QPon in his place "won't make a big difference"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can somebody explain why Pop thinks he has to go from a successful 9-man rotation to a 12-man rotation?
    Wonder if he's trying to showcase people. Mainly Pau

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Pau is being showcased but I think giving him actual minutes is probably doing more harm than good to his trade value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't showcasing Dante and QPon, maybe to the Shanghai Water Dragons or something tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't showcasing Dante and QPon, maybe to the Shanghai Water Dragons or something tbh
    Def not those guys (tho maybe Dante? lol) Hope Lonnie is getting most/all their minutes tho at some point this season but we'll see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the Spurs no longer tanking for Zion???

If they are, horrible win. Just horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was a solid win. It is nice to see the Spurs winning these games especially when we see so many mistakes being made. And i mean fixable mistakes.
    If somehow this team could get its head together and play smart, they could win more games and get themselves a top 4 seed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it’s a showcase it’s not going well
    But at this stage Pau is just a Pau’s contract. It doesn’t need to be showcased. No contender is trading for Pau as an on-court help in postseason. Only those who want cap relief for the future may trade for him.

i think it’s much easier. Pop’s just showing respect to his veteran. Like in the army

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks timvp! must say a win is a win. I think the second unit always plays a big factor but in last nights game they were out of tune.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a horrible game. Thank God for Derrick White. He's unbelievable. With the way Derozan has been playing I really don't mind trading him. It's not just his play, which sucks, but his demeanor on the court. He looks unhappy. He looks disengaged.
    Yeah... his demeanor has gone 180, few people point out that it's been since the TOR game, but I've wondered if it was the OKC game that did a number on his confidence. That combo'd with playing off the ball to White now I guess... sucks, I'm rooting for him to do well.

Wonder about next season with his off the ball play and how that will be when Murray is back, and how the pg/guard rotations are going to work then. Maybe the rotations are staggered to have Demar with DJ more than White?... but the 3 pt shooting will suck. Bleh, hope he rights it post all-star break, I'm sure the game in TOR will spark something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care if they were sagging the paint and forcing him to shoot, Forbes should NEVER take more shots than LMA, DeRozan and Gay. He keeps getting a pass for his over-aggressiveness and shot-selection. He is hurting the team as a result and his putrid defense makes it all the worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really annoying how many minutes Aldridge has to play.

The team has 2 legit 7 foot back up centers and they can't combine for more than 10 minutes?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care if they were sagging the paint and forcing him to shoot, Forbes should NEVER take more shots than LMA, DeRozan and Gay. He keeps getting a pass for his over-aggressiveness and shot-selection. He is hurting the team as a result and his putrid defense makes it all the worse.
    In the future, this whole will be filled in by LWIV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes/Bertran/Belli/Mills have to shoot when they are open. They would get benched if they don’t. They open the lanes for Aldridge and the rest to operate, and punish the defense if they’re sagging. And we can never compete with the nba scoring over 115 points otherwise. I agree that Forbes defense is hurting the team and hopefully Walker can step in to help.

Thread Information