San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another minor leauge team just reaffirms the need for the spurs to move to austin...........sa = minor league teams/rampage/safc/missions...... austin = major league teams
    Like what? They have no NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLB franchise, so they're one behind us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alamodome
    we finally got our football team
    SA has literally had a team in every professional football league EXCEPT the NFL. This is yet another attempt to pass off a frosted dog turd as a piece of wedding cake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA has literally had a team in every professional football league EXCEPT the NFL. This is yet another attempt to pass off a frosted dog turd as a piece of wedding cake.
    The Saints

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not like I'd really want the NFL here anyways when it would take $1.5 billion of corporate welfare to get a stadium built.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not like I'd really want the NFL here anyways when it would take $1.5 billion of corporate welfare to get a stadium built.
    Didn't they just spend a bunch of money renovating the Alamodome? Still waiting for our return on that.. the Final Four, and the All-American Bowl, and the Alamo Bowl.. oh yeah and UTSA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The presentation goes a long way. Usually you can point to something that screams out small-time with these kind of start-up leagues but everything about the game Saturday was top notch, imo. The fact that it was on CBS, the announcers, the pre-game and half-time shows, the camera work, the individuals backing the league, etc all were solid. I hope the league makes it, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't they just spend a bunch of money renovating the Alamodome? Still waiting for our return on that.. the Final Four, and the All-American Bowl, and the Alamo Bowl.. oh yeah and UTSA.
    I dont get why SA loves to big time what we do have instead of helping to build it up. Maybe if that was the case we could have prominent teams to call our own instead of t-shirting Austin's college team or Dallas' pro team.

Look at UCF. Large public university, in a large metro area, in a state full of talented recruits, with blue blood programs in their state, just moved up to FBS in the mid 90s, now a perennial Top 15 team and next in line to get into a Power 5 conference. Why can't that be UTSA?

For the Commanders, this shouldn't just be an NFL audition for the players. It should be one for the city as well. Look at how many cities have gotten the call up to MLS because of their strong fan support in the USL. Different leagues I know, but still it couldn't hurt for the NFL to look at us and be like "damn look how great those s are at supporting their AAF team".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched the game and was actually surprisingly entertained. Only time will tell if the league lasts, but it’s got a better chance than the others that have come before it imo. Wouldn’t be surprised if The AAF and the XFL merged together at some point down the line, or if the NFL bought it outright and used it as a developmental league for players (basically what it is now, only better). I’ll be keeping an eye on some games this season for sure.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 02-12-2019 at 07:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Johnny Manziel on the Commanders almost makes too much sense not to happen tbh. Grew up in Kerrville and went to college just a couple hours up the road from SA. He alone would sell tickets and bring notoriety to the league. And would give him the opportunity to prove he deserves a 2nd shot at the NFL. He’s under contract for the CFL for one more season but then he’s a FA. Make it happen Moose!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Johnny Manziel on the Commanders almost makes too much sense not to happen tbh. Grew up in Kerrville and went to college just a couple hours up the road from SA. He alone would sell tickets and bring notoriety to the league. And would give him the opportunity to prove he deserves a 2nd shot at the NFL. He’s under contract for the CFL for one more season but then he’s a FA. Make it happen Moose!

Yep. That's a no brainer. Is he even playing in Canadia?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. That's a no brainer. Is he even playing in Canadia?
    Yeah, he had mixed results but didn’t look washed up for his first few games back. Think AAF would be a good next step

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's game day, boys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These games actually aren't terrible, obviously not on the same level as the NFL, but not bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's game day, boys.

yeah!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This league was already having financial problems after week 1 and couldnt make payroll on time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This league was already having financial problems after week 1 and couldnt make payroll on time.
    Won't happen again with the new alpha, billionaire chairman, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our QB sucks tbh. But so do the QB’s for pretty much all these teams, minus Garrett Gilbert of the Apollos. QB play is def the most noticeable dropoff from the NFL. Lots of bad QB play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FkLA my boy get in here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah come home, Football!

Can't wait to bust out my throwback Browns #2 Football jersey.

Last edited by FkLA; 02-27-2019 at 08:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah come home, Football!

Can't wait to bust out my throwback Browns #2 Football jersey.

This might actually happen

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    paying Manziel to play football

Thread Information