Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His RPM is -0.37, good for 255th in the league. He's 13th in +/- on his own team...

He's definitely a very strange case from any advanced stats standpoint. Why doesn't him being on floor translate to better results for his team? You can't say the same about Giannis, Lebron, Kawhi, etc... It's pretty conclusive that their teams are not as good when those stars are off the floor, but for some reason it just doesn't work that was with DeRozan.

b-but he scored 30 points a few times!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    b-but he scored 30 points a few times!!!
    I want him off the team too but, you realize this team will still suck once he's gone? You truly sound like kawhi really hurt you and you are taking out your anger on DDR. Its the FO who you should really be mad at for not being competent enough to get a better package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want him off the team too but, you realize this team will still suck once he's gone? You truly sound like kawhi really hurt you and you are taking out your anger on DDR. Its the FO who you should really be mad at for not being competent enough to get a better package.
    not like the team isn't terrible now.

I'm well aware of the FO's inep ude and inability to keep a generational talent like kawhi. demar is a piece of . after not being able to satisfy kawhi the team rejected better deals out there to get a known loser choker chucker just to spite kawhi and send him to siberia. what does kawhi do? come home with that LOB...like he's going to do this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not like the team isn't terrible now.

I'm well aware of the FO's inep ude and inability to keep a generational talent like kawhi. demar is a piece of . after not being able to satisfy kawhi the team rejected better deals out there to get a known loser choker chucker just to spite kawhi and send him to siberia. what does kawhi do? come home with that LOB...like he's going to do this year.
    But yet again. Not DDR's fault. Yeah the dude sucks and is a career loser, but lets be infuriated with the people who brought him here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But yet again. Not DDR's fault. Yeah the dude sucks and is a career loser, but lets be infuriated with the people who brought him here.
    it’s two sides of the same ty coin tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25+/6/6 on 55% shooting. Shouldering most of the playmaking duties. Not the best defensive player out there but he's also not a complete liability like a Brent/Marco. I'd be interested to see what his RPM and +/- are just during this run he's been on since mid December. Theres no way it's bad and if it is its bull . Earlier in his career, when he was less efficient and hadn't developed his playmaking, I can see how his style wouldn't be conducive to winning basketball. , even the way he started off the season was kind of gross. But the way he's been playing lately that's a Top 20, arguably Top 15 guy, imo.

If that's the guy he's grown into the Spurs would be fools to not keep him around. He's not LeBron, Nephew, or Giannis but he's still really really good, tbh.

No he didn't, he was competing against front-court players, not guards. Spur fans on this thread showing their ignorance outside of spur topics
    Last two spots are wildcards. Positions dont matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't see how Ingram made it tbh. Booker or Demar are way above Ingram. Part of me wonders if they got him in their bc they felt bad about the whole AD scenario and him leaving. Voting in Ingram was the coaches way of apologizing to Gentry for the show he had to endure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't see how Ingram made it tbh. Booker or Demar are way above Ingram. Part of me wonders if they got him in their bc they felt bad about the whole AD scenario and him leaving. Voting in Ingram was the coaches way of apologizing to Gentry for the show he had to endure.
    Ingram has made a legit leap and even without Zion they are right there with the Spurs record wise. That is why. Pelicans were not expected to be good and SA was and BI kept pace with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25+/6/6 on 55% shooting. Shouldering most of the playmaking duties. Not the best defensive player out there but he's also not a complete liability like a Brent/Marco. I'd be interested to see what his RPM and +/- are just during this run he's been on since mid December. Theres no way it's bad and if it is its bull . Earlier in his career, when he was less efficient and hadn't developed his playmaking, I can see how his style wouldn't be conducive to winning basketball. , even the way he started off the season was kind of gross. But the way he's been playing lately that's a Top 20, arguably Top 15 guy, imo.

If that's the guy he's grown into the Spurs would be fools to not keep him around. He's not LeBron, Nephew, or Giannis but he's still really really good, tbh.

Last two spots are wildcards. Positions dont matter.
    We have an entire careers worth of data showing DeRozan just isn’t a net + player. He’s really good, but for reasons that are tough to articulate he does not grade out well.

It’s not that the numbers are bad; he’s the outlier here that stands out consistently. All other stars the numbers back up the eye test. But not DeRozan.

Even with his best stretch and taking out the first 20 games, with him playing great SA is a .500 team. That’s it. But for AS voting, the season isn’t one month long. He was not playing all that well for the first 20 games .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what is wrong with you peoples...

"NBA coaches vote for the reserves for their respective conferences, none of which can be players on their own team. Each coach selects two guards, three frontcourt players and two wild cards, with each selected player ranked in order of preference within each category."

Paul, Lillard

Jokic, Gobert, Ingram

Mitc , Westbrook

case closed.

boi booker crying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he didn't, he was competing against front-court players, not guards. Spur fans on this thread showing their ignorance outside of spur topics

we stay winning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ingram has made a legit leap and even without Zion they are right there with the Spurs record wise. That is why. Pelicans were not expected to be good and SA was and BI kept pace with the Spurs.
    Bro the Pelicans STILL aren't any good Keeping on pace with the Spurs? They've been behind us in the standings for over 2 months. They're the 12th seed in a very ty western conference. And in his leap year he is putting up worse numbers than Booker and has a worse record too. Atleast Demar has his ty coached team in contention for a playoff spot. Ingram has to win another 5 straight games in order to even be in the conversation. foh defending Ingram

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro the Pelicans STILL aren't any good Keeping on pace with the Spurs? They've been behind us in the standings for over 2 months. They're the 12th seed in a very ty western conference. And in his leap year he is putting up worse numbers than Booker and has a worse record too. Atleast Demar has his ty coached team in contention for a playoff spot. Ingram has to win another 5 straight games in order to even be in the conversation. foh defending Ingram

hey man

derozan and booker are guards

ingraham is a frontcourt player

it should be george instead of ingraham, but he missed too many games

peace

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    <br>

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey man

peace
    Wasn't he a WC pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what is wrong with you peoples...

"NBA coaches vote for the reserves for their respective conferences, none of which can be players on their own team. Each coach selects two guards, three frontcourt players and two wild cards, with each selected player ranked in order of preference within each category."

Paul, Lillard

Jokic, Gobert, Ingram

Mitc , Westbrook

case closed.

boi booker crying
    Both booker and Derozan deserved it over Lolard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol NO is 2.5 games back of SA. That is keeping pace. That is with Zion out the entire year. SA been the healthiest team all year and still cant separate from NO.

SA is as far back from the 8th seed as NO is from SA. So if SA is in contention and NO is the same distance from SA as SA is from 8th, what are you trying to say?

Booker should have gotten in over BI. I”m saying that BI over DeRozan isn’t some travesty when you compare expectations, health and standings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 guards, 3 frouncourt players, 2 wild cards

ingram being a wild card doesn't make no sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol NO is 2.5 games back of SA. That is keeping pace. That is with Zion out the entire year. SA been the healthiest team all year and still cant separate from NO.

SA is as far back from the 8th seed as NO is from SA. So if SA is in contention and NO is the same distance from SA as SA is from 8th, what are you trying to say?

Booker should have gotten in over BI. I”m saying that BI over DeRozan isn’t some travesty when you compare expectations, health and standings.
    Spurs are 2.5 back from 8th seed. Pels are 5 games back NOW but they weren't once Zion returned. Also Pels won 2 straight games with Zion back while Spurs lost 2 outta 3 (all while Zion is back). The Pels were the 13th seed with Brandon Ingram running the show. Recently too. Now they're the 12th seed. They were NEVER in contention for the 8th seed with Ingram only. Spurs were the 8th seed recently and are currently the 9th seed. That's difference now.

DeRozan had a streak going that only MJ had. I'm not really even defending Demar here bc I don't think he deserved a nod either. Imo both Booker and Ja deserved it more than DDR. BUT nowhere on planet earth should Ingram had made the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 guards, 3 frouncourt players, 2 wild cards

ingram being a wild card doesn't make no sense
    Ah so Paul and Westbrook were the WC. makes sense I guess. Should've replaced Ingram with Zion tbh. Already a better player than Ingram and unlike his teammate, his stats aren't empty. I know every year there's an empty calorie guy who makes the team. It just angers me for some reason when a buncha losers make the team. I'm dumb I know, but I remember being a kid and poking out the little ing circles with a pencil on that cardboard paper ballot for Sean Elliott and David Robinson and turning them into the arena to submit my vote. And now POS like Ingram and Trae run away from contact Young get into the game? By twitter? And yes I know it's a meaningless game, but it wasn't meaningless to 8 year old Kobe'sAchilles

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Demar has been carrying this scrub team.

s still think its all pop
    This is clearly shtick because you're knowledgeable enough to know that he didn't deserve it.

Outside of Westbrook predictably making it and doing so at Booker's expense, they got it right. You could argue Brown over Tatum, but that's splitting hairs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not how media and coaches view it though. They think the Spurs are 9th cause of Pop's great coaching and otherwise they would be 14th when in reality Pop cost them about 10 wins and they would be 6th if they had anybody else coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan failure to get is a result of a few things-mostly fan influence, which I mean is a popularity contest of excitement.
    Reserves are voted by coaches.

DeRozan is not throwing down hard jams, or game winning 3pt shots. He is not making ESPN highlights.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    hey man

peace
    spur fan never know about the league outside of spur, tbh

DeFrozan wasn't even the runner up as a WC reserve

Thread Information