Page 73 of 110 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense & Versatility. We are NOT a small team......
    We are a very small team with our tallest players not being good defenders. Poetl is an ok defender but if he leaves it just exacerbates the problem. Plus Vassell and Jones will be in Austin anyways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't get too excited about Wright saying the team wasn't done with the roster. I think he's referring to re-signing guys more than adding free agents. I guess, though, that the team could be looking to do the trade-and-sign that worked out so well for them last year where they agree to an MLE guy before dealing guys to make room. Doesn't seem feasible with their salary situation. I think the roster as we can project it now will be the roster going forward, with the only exceptions being some camp compe ion for Eubanks and Weatherspoon and maybe a new two-way player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be interesting with all these guards. Someone has to go.
    Marco won't be back and Forbes shouldn't be...that's 2 spots right there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't get too excited about Wright saying the team wasn't done with the roster. I think he's referring to re-signing guys more than adding free agents. I guess, though, that the team could be looking to do the trade-and-sign that worked out so well for them last year where they agree to an MLE guy before dealing guys to make room. Doesn't seem feasible with their salary situation. I think the roster as we can project it now will be the roster going forward, with the only exceptions being some camp compe ion for Eubanks and Weatherspoon and maybe a new two-way player.
    Agreed. They aren’t making any moves. He’s just talking about finishing the contract work for some of the players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That addition by subtraction. Probably make the playoffs if those two would of been benched last year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's the plan. Marco and Forbes barely played in the bubble iirc. Marco already publicized his wish to play for a contender - in other words to leave San Antonio - and I really do not see Forbes staying. Might be a reach, but if he was a part of the future, he would have been featured on some of the fiesta and draft content.

The same mechanism that blessed us with the wonders of Bryn Forbes starting nearly everya game the last season should woth in favor of Murray, White, Walker and Johnson now, as the freed up minutes will probably split up between them.

I agree that the bubble was a glorified preseason with a few compe ive games mixed in. Still, the guard corps showed out in those games, so they should get a chance to gel more and hopefully continue their improvement. A multi-guard lineup, especially one where everyone can handle and (is willing to) move the ball and shoot the three at least decent on high volume (evidence at least hints towards that being the case), should be the way to go.

Of course, some questions still remain. Murray's ballhandling and shooting as well as Derozan's shooting remain suspect. I do think Derozan has kind of seen the light on what kind of player he needs to be in order to be successful on his terms - embracing ball movement and using his isolation skills selectively. Hopefully, he will act accordingly.

Three question marks remain on the roster: Gay, Mills and Aldridge.

I do not see Gay fit with the new direction of the team at all. Maybe as a microball five or an iso sixth man, but the current Spurs team is simply not a group where his talents can be maximized.

If Aldridge continues to shoot threes at a semi-high volume, he should still fit into the offense. Defensively, he is still very servicable. I also think he's a good vet teamate to have around. I just wonder whether his body can play with the high pace unit the Spurs (hopefully) envision.

Mills should fit in stylistically and looks to be an all-time great teammate, a veteran presence highly needed on a rebuilding team. It's just that his minutes need to be reduced in favor of the young guards.
    On the other hand, if anyone on that current Spurs team would accept a change of role from major contributor to microwave and mentor, it should be Patty.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lma and derozan value is shrinking by the min,tbh

DeRozan opting out was a sign that they believe demand is weak. If he could have gotten more, he would have. I think he would have taken an offer equal to his opt in price, if he could have gotten 3 years.

Right now the Spurs have a sign posted, "Player for sale... just take up payments." Letting him walk at the end of the year for nothing would be better than giving up value to get rid of him now. Doesn't mean that the Spurs won't do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan value might end up being higher than you think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are a very small team with our tallest players not being good defenders. Poetl is an ok defender but if he leaves it just exacerbates the problem. Plus Vassell and Jones will be in Austin anyways
    Vassell could be our best 3 and D right now. I certainly hope he comes in soon and get Forbes/Beli minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Klay's injury is as bad as it seems I have to wonder what GS will do? How much draft capital would they attach to Wiggins to bring back players?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am fine with the picks. I still want Demar gone. Shrugs.
    Same. Onto FA &hope we see direction we were hoping to see in draft. Love players SA came away with

The disappointment? Was hoping they ended up w/MORE picks in draft &was my opinion that trades were needed DECREASED in likelihood if not done during draft. Hoping FA proves that wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if this was posted here yet...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not expecting anything of note in FA and I’ve said my confidence in Wright is lowwww. He did well in the draft though so that’s good.

But I’m just hoping at very least Bryn, Beli & Zeller are gone. And then don’t sign Jakob to a stupid deal. Let him test Market and only match 8m or less per season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not expecting anything of note in FA and I’ve said my confidence in Wright is lowwww. He did well in the draft though so that’s good.

But I’m just hoping at very least Bryn, Beli & Zeller are gone. And then don’t sign Jakob to a stupid deal. Let him test Market and only match 8m or less per season.
    I believe Beli already said he was leaving IIRC.

Considering the breakout of KJ and Q and adding two more guards in the draft, bringing Forbes back simply would make zero sense. But then again...the Spurs and their loyalty sometimes doesn't make sense.

Murray, DeMar, White, Walker, Mills, Johnson, Weathersoon, now Vassel and Jones...frankly, that's too many guards as it is without including Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe Beli already said he was leaving IIRC.

Considering the breakout of KJ and Q and adding two more guards in the draft, bringing Forbes back simply would make zero sense. But then again...the Spurs and their loyalty sometimes doesn't make sense.
    Exactly. I want them to start being opportunistic and give themselves the best chance at getting back to a consistent PO team but at a minimum? Show you understand the modern NBA and avoid soul crushing mistakes in FA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Based off the teams listed. The mavericks may be more appealing, playing with Luka. But he did just make the finals with Miami.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , things are happening fast and I love it. We need a pandemic every year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker is about to appear on ESPNs first take today

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are the realistic trade partners for LMA and Derozan? SA will most likely try to send them to a playoff team in a big market or to a place that the player wants to go. So do we just send them back to Portland and Toronto? Or do they go to LA, GS, MIA? Or do they just stay here? Feels like a move is addition by subtraction long term. More time for the young guys to develop, find a new iden y as a team, another lottery pick next year, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden States exception for Patty?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any trade rumors? spurs still needs a young talented big to grow up with our backcourt youngies

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2021 draft is loaded with SF and PF and one or 2 Centers that is why I am on the Tank wagon the talent level next year blows this past draft class.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belinelli and Bryn are gone. Vassell and Weatherspoon if he comes back have replaced them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope that’s not true about Klay Thompson. That’s real tough.

anyone else starting to look at GSW medical/Rehab team funny?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Based off the teams listed. The mavericks may be more appealing, playing with Luka. But he did just make the finals with Miami.
    Ah yes, the guy they thought they signed when they signed Demarre Carroll last year.

Thread Information