Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but there's a reason the Cavs are stuck where they are so can't rule out them doing something stupid. Or maybe being cheap and slashing payroll to ensure they get luxury tax shares just like Sterling used to do. Still can't believe they couldn't even make the Finals with the first seven years of LeBron's career. Even the Knicks could have put enough of a team around him to win the conference.
    I can definitely rule them out moving that pick for cap relief.

No amount of cap relief would return the potential to dig themselves out of the gutter more than the chance of getting the 1st pick in the draft... or even a top 3 or 5 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol horford

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Spurs take negative value in trade ?
    I think poster was saying that Thunder or Cavs would send picks back attached to one of those contracts. I don’t think the Thunder care though about moving out Horford if they have to pay to unload him. They can just be patient and let the clock tick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't players usually get held out of games a day or two from being traded? DeMar isn't being traded.
    Not always. Remember when Harrison Barnes got traded during a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, right now at this moment his presence in the rotation would be a welcome addition but with LMA, I am snake bit about guys that age with that many years left. What if he drops off suddenly next season, then you are stuck with paying out a large amount to dead weight or having to buy it out.
    We don’t need the cap room until 2023 now, and Horford is roughly the same age as LMA right now, but his play has IMPROVED this year. The only year when he wasn’t positive in both OBPM and DBPM was Hs rookie year. I would more compare his aging to Duncan than LMA, who never comes into camp ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but there's a reason the Cavs are stuck where they are so can't rule out them doing something stupid. Or maybe being cheap and slashing payroll to ensure they get luxury tax shares just like Sterling used to do. Still can't believe they couldn't even make the Finals with the first seven years of LeBron's career. Even the Knicks could have put enough of a team around him to win the conference.
    Ummmm we beat the Cavs in the finals in his 4th season

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ummmm we beat the Cavs in the finals in his 4th season

OK nevermind

Thread Information