Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night, of course, would be an exception, but most of the time he seems to really enjoy, and enjoy playing with the young kids. The issue with his extension doesn’t even seem to be money, it’s years and options, so he probably will leave.
    Demar is loyal. He wanted to stay in the freezing Canada because he felt he had invested enough talent and emotions there. And I see no difference with the way he adapted and changed his game to become a better facilitator plus his connection with the young players. I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays, especially if Spurs can nab that 20/10 PF/C that could really help get Spurs deep in the playoffs. And that would mean a lot to Demar to help bring the Spurs back, instead of ring chasing.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If nothing happens today, they could still S&T them in the off-season.
    I agree with that in theory, but for our expiring vets (I'm thinking mostly of Mills and Gay here), their best value is to a team trying to add another player, who happens to be on an expiring contract, for the last push to try and go deep into the playoffs. I think the calculus for a lot of teams will be different in the offseason in regards to those two players, as they would simply sign them or not. Don't get wrong, I hope that's not the case, but I see today as an opportunity to move on from Mills and Gay and try to get at least something in return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is loyal. He wanted to stay in the freezing Canada because he felt he had invested enough talent and emotions there. And I see no difference with the way he adapted and changed his game to become a better facilitator plus his connection with the young players. I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays, especially if Spurs can nab that 20/10 PF/C that could really help get Spurs deep in the playoffs. And that would mean a lot to Demar to help bring the Spurs back, instead of ring chasing.

You keep saying add a "20/10 PF/C"; please identify which free agent this is...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not like big name free agents even come here, we barely get no name free agents im not concerned about image. Nobody wants to do any favors by coughing up something Spurs shouldn’t do any favors either by buying him out.
    They don’t come because of Pop. It’s not the city.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to flog a dead horse a little bit further, there is an argument to trading Gay for an expiring and two second round picks and treat this as a rental, because they could still sign him as a free agent in the Summer if they wanted to. Same for Patty to be honest. Of course they wouldn't do that because they want to make a "big push in the playoffs" and wouldn't like the optics. I understand that argument, but find it sort of silly in the big picture of where the team is at.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There goes Otto Porter, as well as an Aldridge destination in Chicago.

Vuc + Aminu going to Bulls
    Porter + Carter going to Magic

Let’s see if any picks attached.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA will stay, and will be waived just after trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep saying add a "20/10 PF/C"; please identify which free agent this is...
    I was hoping Vucevic but that's gone. Orlando are on rebuild mode, moving Gordon and Fournier and co, I think PATFO should be talking to them to give expiring Aldridge/Rudy and picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think it's already taking a hit with a 2nd big name asking to leave the Spurs within the last few years.
    It hasn't taken a hit yet since he's still being labeled the greatest coach of all time by the national media and his coaching the last 2 years hasn't been questioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need for Nyquil, any other sleep aids.

ZZZZzzzzzz

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA will stay, and will be waived just after trade deadline.
    This. Our front office will buy him out, and the E-N will put out a story about what a big happy family Pop and Aldridge are and we wanted to do him a solid.

Ain't jack happening.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There goes Otto Porter, as well as an Aldridge destination in Chicago.

Vuc + Aminu going to Bulls
    Porter + Carter going to Magic

Let’s see if any picks attached.
    This trade will likely put an end to any hope of trading with ORL and CHI.

Right now LMA will be buyout and DeRozan could re-sign with SAS or Sign and trade next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think it's already taking a hit with a 2nd big name asking to leave the Spurs within the last few years.
    eh... LMA has more of a TP feel to it. Diminished role, past prime. I don't read, and haven't seen any takes saying it's anything to do with being something like Kawhi

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it’s pretty clear if Poop stays no good players will ever consider picking us over any other teams. So that keeps us getting players like Lyes or some old ass Vet on his last leg. Just tear the band aid off and go all young and embrace the tank and while at it release Poop as coach move him to draft and development and hire a coach players will want to play for.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    eh... LMA has more of a TP feel to it. Diminished role, past prime. I don't read, and haven't seen any takes saying it's anything to do with being something like Kawhi
    They both quit on the team, LMA just did it on the court while Kawhi did it in NY hiding with his uncle. LMA played lazy, uninterested basketball this year except for a few occasions when he knew he on national television like the Lakers game when he went off.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don’t come because of Pop. It’s not the city.
    I highly doubt that if anything a combination of the 2. You just started watching the Spurs like the last 15-10 years or so ive been watching since the 80’s every star that they have had has come via the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are stuck in neutral and will continue this way until Pop moves on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, we have never truly built through getting free agent Stars only true way we have won was through drafting cause we tanked for David and Timmy. Though we were still able to get some good Blue Chip players in the past but I don’t see us even getting those type of players because of Pop - Players say he is a great coach but then ask them if they want to play for him and I would bet almost all would laugh and say Nope.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason to trade for trading sake. I don't think the Spurs aren't trying, I think no one wants to pay a fair price for the players they made available for trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason to trade for trading sake. I don't think the Spurs aren't trying, I think no one wants to pay a fair price for the players they made available for trade.
    If that truly is the case then tell LMA he’s not getting bought out and he can either come back and play or sit. That will stop teams from just not offering anything for our players. We buy guys out and let them go to other teams to do “right by the player” but nobody ever comes here in FA. So doing right by players doesn’t do for this organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't "trading for trading sake" to get rid of a malcontent that doesn't even help you win. Tf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't "trading for trading sake" to get rid of a malcontent that doesn't even help you win. Tf?
    But we can always do the right thing and pay him money to go play for someone else

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All teams are waiting LMA to get bought out. It was bad business from Pop to come out and announce that LMA is done in SA. Lets see if he ends up in Portland or LA when we buy him out. If he ends up in Portland he's a good guy, if he goes to LA him tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    All teams are waiting LMA to get bought out. It was bad business from Pop to come out and announce that LMA is done in SA. Lets see if he ends up in Portland or LA when we buy him out. If he ends up in Portland he's a good guy, if he goes to LA him tbh
    He's LA bound 100%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we can always do the right thing and pay him money to go play for someone else
    Did you go to the Pop/Brian Wright school of GM'ing?

Thread Information