Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2513
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess other teams might say the same thing about Vassel we are saying about Smith not developing.
    , even Keldon received little to no minutes during his first year

people here are claiming they watched the Suns’ garbage time minutes for Jalen and saying he wasnt any good is downright laughable. Almost as laughable as when they claim Murray made no improvements this past season. How can you claim you’re watching Suns games when you weren’t even watching Spurs games? also, performing well in garbage time isn’t a great indicator of success or failure when youre given inconsistent minutes. It just isn’t.

like, it’s okay to admit you don’t ing know. Stop having your head up your ass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD confirmed as a two-way yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs release Hutch:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bombs !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So one more cut to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs release Hutch:

Now he can make a Tic Tok on two NBA teams giving up on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao that TikTok video of him helping his new team to make the playoffs is funnier now than when he posted it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea it's pretty weird how people obsess with projects the spurs drafted because they wouldn't have got them if they had stayed in college or overseas.

They also haven't had the opportunity to really play yet. Everyone knows pop has a record of screwing with young players development. The only players that developed played day 1. Some of them obviously more ready, but the game experience is where they'll grow. They need a consistent role.
    Lonnie played 25 minutes per game last year. He has only two skills, jumping high, and shooting the 3 pointer, so he seems to be on the Ben McLemore journeyman track. You don’t pay much for that, and that tends to hurt the players feelings, and they walk when you don’t extend them. If the player still has fans in other front offices, shouldn’t you try to get something for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess other teams might say the same thing about Vassel we are saying about Smith not developing.
    Vassell was playing very well until he got the Rona, shooting 40% from long, and ball hawking on a Dejounte level. He was really never the same after play resumed. I don’t think Jalen Smith ever showed anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell was playing very well until he got the Rona, shooting 40% from long, and ball hawking on a Dejounte level. He was really never the same after play resumed. I don’t think Jalen Smith ever showed anything.
    I’ll be very happy if Vassel becomes our version of Bridges for the Suns. It’s in play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I am sure we really don't want Aminu. Orlando obviously doesn't want Mo Bamba. Would it be realistic to trade Aminu for Bamba straight up? It works on the trade machine, but that is just numbers, it isn't realistic.

If straight up doesn't work, what about Aminu and a 2nd or two for Bamba. Of course, if we through in draft picks, he would have to sign at least a 2 year extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Vassell can get his mojo back......look out. He can be deadly from 3 and his D is impregnable.

I fact, I like versatility we have on defense, except at the PF position. I really wish we had a big who could play PF/C and be able to guard either position with regularity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, you gotta be really toxic for a team to pay you $4M to just go away and not even get a shot in training camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, you gotta be really toxic for a team to pay you $4M to just go away and not even get a shot in training camp.
    either that or you must really suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    either that or you must really suck.
    I mean, he was a 22nd overall pick. He made the NBA and is still only 25.

The fact that the Spurs will probably bring some dudes off the street to play in training camp before giving this guy a shot speaks more to his character than his basketball ability, tbh.

But yeah, he does suck too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I am sure we really don't want Aminu. Orlando obviously doesn't want Mo Bamba. Would it be realistic to trade Aminu for Bamba straight up? It works on the trade machine, but that is just numbers, it isn't realistic.

If straight up doesn't work, what about Aminu and a 2nd or two for Bamba. Of course, if we through in draft picks, he would have to sign at least a 2 year extension.
    I like Bamba too but all of a sudden we have 4 5s and that is before adding Bamba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie played 25 minutes per game last year. He has only two skills, jumping high, and shooting the 3 pointer, so he seems to be on the Ben McLemore journeyman track. You don’t pay much for that, and that tends to hurt the players feelings, and they walk when you don’t extend them. If the player still has fans in other front offices, shouldn’t you try to get something for him?
    Yup... That's usually the case. Ain't never seen one yet stick around and play without a contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that the dust has settled, does anyone have an updated list of our recently acquired draft capital?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like that comparison. After his second year Ben turned to . Lonnie has been on a nice developmental track. Some here think Lonnie being anything short of 20ppg high value starter is a bust.

12-14ppg bench player is a good value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, he was a 22nd overall pick. He made the NBA and is still only 25.

The fact that the Spurs will probably bring some dudes off the street to play in training camp before giving this guy a shot speaks more to his character than his basketball ability, tbh.

But yeah, he does suck too.
    Lyles is KD compared to this guy. He’s happy with the money he’s made. He’s not getting any better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is not realistic at all….That would be just dumping him for nothing. Ive seen nothing that suggests they dont want Mo around; at least nothing where they would just salary dump him.

If anything, it would take a first round pick to get him if what you are offering is Aminu.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like that comparison. After his second year Ben turned to . Lonnie has been on a nice developmental track. Some here think Lonnie being anything short of 20ppg high value starter is a bust.

12-14ppg bench player is a good value.
    Given the source, it's shockingly spot on.

At counting stats without context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was his role? His stats and rankings are going to be horrid if his role is stand in the corner and wait for the ball hog to dribble for 20 seconds just to chunk it. Roles matter.

If they can get a good deal for Lonnie, of course you listen. Lonnie is potential. If you see more potential elsewhere, you take it. I'm not opposed to that at all. The idea that we just need to get rid of players who haven't had a consistent role because they've met their limit is a bit silly. Most of our young guys are younger then late 1st round picks still coming out.

When we are at the 25-30 area and we still see the same issues, I can see being aggressive with them but these kids have barely had that opportunity. People equating "minutes" with opportunity isn't being honest in evaluation. Lonnie was hardly ever the main ball handler, pushed aside for ddr, Rudy, and mills.

There would be games Lonnie would make 2 or 3 shots in a row and one of those guys would come down the court with the ball and not pass it once. They clearly held Lonnie back. Now whether or not he would have kept going is an unknown. He may have crashed and sinked.

I'm all for always looking to improve. Everyone should be competing for a spot on the team, it's a business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs should sign jahlil okafor...who is waive by the nets...not bad traditional big...

Thread Information