Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the players (Smith or Al Jefferson) really make sense from a reality perspective IMO. I think that is why you won't see anymore prominent "insert name" to Spurs rumors heading toward the deadline. No issues with me as this team is really damn good if healthy.
    BINGO! I never get into that Spurs are the frontrunners for crap, seems to never come out to be true. I could care less either, this team is good and this could break up the Chemistry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard In talks with ATL for Josh Smith, Wizards have said all but 3 players available: J Wall, B Beal & Nene
    K.Seraphin and J.Crawford are good/young/cheap players...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA The Magic and Knicks have discussed a J.J. Re for Iman Shumpert trade. Other players (and maybe a third team) would have to be involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, that's why it makes sense to push for the #1 seed so LAC can take down the FThunder s & we can destroy LAC in the WCF & curbstomp MIA in the finals.
    LOL wishful thinking there, only if it were that easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brunodf

i dunno if it's cause of your sig being in hd. maybe it's just that my computer sucks. probably both, and don't take this as a request for you to change it. but your posts always lock up my screen, and it sucks. anybody else have that problem?

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brunodf

i dunno if it's cause of your sig being in hd. maybe it's just that my computer sucks. probably both, and don't take this as a request for you to change it. but your posts always lock up my screen, and it sucks. anybody else have that problem?
    I think you can click on the little X in his post to hide his sig.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How come SJax massive expiring contract never seems to get mentioned in trade rumors? As a player, he doesn't appear all that valuable, and especially with the new luxury tax penalties under the new CBA I'm sure there's plenty of teams wanting to take on his expiring deal for some cap space.
    I'm wondering what trade rumor you've been looking at that DIDN'T mention Jack's expiring tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Jack, where the is he?

Notebook: Small forward Stephen Jackson did not accompany the team on its flight to Sacramento, and it is uncertain when or if he will rejoin the rodeo road trip. Jackson remains out on personal business, which caused him to miss the final two games before the All-Star break as well.
    No news at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No news at all.
    Just based on his tweet losing a child is the worst thing that can happen to u I really hope it's nothing that horrible going on with him, hoping this is just some plan by pop to get him to rest his finger but I doubt it hopefully we find out what's going on with him soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it follows previous years pattern, talks should heat up today with possibly a first trade made.

Regarding Spurs, and for the first time in years, I would have no issue with Spurs standing pat at this trade deadline. Few weeks ago, I wanted them to trade Neal but it isn't an as obvious decision with Manu's recent injuries. Spurs have a very good team and I just don't see an obvious realistic trade that would make them significantly better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No news at all.
    I really hope it's not his promotion of his new album; but then again I also hope it's nothing too serious..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just based on his tweet losing a child is the worst thing that can happen to u I really hope it's nothing that horrible going on with him, hoping this is just some plan by pop to get him to rest his finger but I doubt it hopefully we find out what's going on with him soon.
    That would be awful, for anyone but especially Jack. I really doubt Spurs would trade Jack if such a life altering event has occurred.
    Last edited by superbigtime; 02-19-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: misspelled something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you can click on the little X in his post to hide his sig.
    thanks for that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A feature at hoopshype that I had noticed before. Click on the picture of the player to see associated rumors:

http://hoopshype.com/trade_deadline.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one in their right mind would take on that contract, especially with how he's played this season. The Nets have shot themselves in the foot with all the bloated contracts they've given Williams, Lopez, Johnson, Wallace, and Humphries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one in their right mind would take on that contract, especially with how he's played this season. The Nets have shot themselves in the foot with all the bloated contracts they've given Williams, Lopez, Johnson, Wallace, and Humphries.
    It's about Derrick Williams, not Deron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it follows previous years pattern, talks should heat up today with possibly a first trade made.

Regarding Spurs, and for the first time in years, I would have no issue with Spurs standing pat at this trade deadline. Few weeks ago, I wanted them to trade Neal but it isn't an as obvious decision with Manu's recent injuries. Spurs have a very good team and I just don't see an obvious realistic trade that would make them significantly better.
    Same. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be seeing if there's a steal of a deal out there (as I'm sure they're doing), but I don't think they need to be actively pursuing anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's about Derrick Williams, not Deron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not mind picking up Derrick Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to a report from Ken Berger of CBS Sports, there's a possible deal on the table between the Milwaukee Bucks and the Orlando Magic that would send J.J. Re to Milwaukee in return for Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and a future first-round pick. However, that deal would reportedly depend on the Bucks finding a home for Monta Ellis.

That may end up being too high a hurdle to clear in the next few days, as Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that Milwaukee doesn't have much going on in terms of possible deals for either Ellis or Brandon Jennings.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/19/4005672/nba-trade-rumors-2013-jj-re -brandon-jennings-monta-ellis

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta agree. The only move I could see making sense is trading Splitter for a player they'd rather pay max to in case Portland throws Hibbert money at him next summer; but Josh Smith isn't the kind of player I'd want to do that with and I don't see anyone realistic who is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just posted this in the Josh Smith thread. Thought I'd add it here too:

Ric Bucher
    ‏@RicBucher

Not sure if the Spurs make a deal before Thursday, but a source says it won't be for Josh Smith or Al Jefferson.

"The Jefferson rumor never had substance to it because it would've put San Antonio into a difficult salary-cap position. The Smith interest apparently died upon discovering that Josh simply didn't have the requisite Spurs' DNA. Former NBA coach Sam Mitc told me today that playing for the Spurs would be a great benefit to Smith and I agree; he's never struck me as a malcontent or bad guy or purposely undisciplined. He might not have Spurs' DNA now, but I believe he wouldn't reject a transfusion and it would make the most of the raw talent he clearly has."

Last edited by BatManu20; 02-19-2013 at 08:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Sources: Knicks showing strong interest in Phx's Jermaine O'Neal...Phx also talking w/Toronto about moving Sebastian Telfair

Phoenix has talked with ATL about Josh Smith, but deal is very inlikely, sources say.

Sources say Boston willing to trade injured PG Rajon Rondo in right deal. Wizards looking to move Jordan Crawford.

Other players who are on trade market, sources say: Brooklyn's Humphries, Philly's E Turner, Charlotte's Ben Gordon & Gerald Henderson.....

(con't) Bulls' Hamilton, Dallas' Kaman, Denver's Mozgov, Indy's Gerald Green, Bucks' Mbah a Moute, Monte Ellis, OKC's Eric Maynor.......

(con't) Spurs' DeJuan Blair, Toronto's Bargnani, Utah's Jefferson & Millsap...
    Last edited by BatManu20; 02-19-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Thread Information