Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This breakdown seemed lazy to me. He didn't bother to look at Curry's efficiency nor did he seem to take into account that Duncan's illness had a big impact on him. He also pretty much says the Spurs won because of help by the officials. All in all, not some of his best work, in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Nick, my niqqa tbh...

Rugged like Rwanda SpursNextRomanEmpire's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also pretty much says the Spurs won because of help by the officials. All in all, not some of his best work, in my opinion.
    Everyone loves the Warriors right now, and it seems like he does as well. It's natural that he would make excuses tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved his comment that Spurs fans felt bad the Warriors didn't win. No, we don't. The fact that they expended all that effort for nothing is a great thing in my book.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a Spur fan. I don't feel bad for the warriors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy in the video is a clown, tbh..

If you're going to pinpoint officiating mistakes that include subtleties like travels and ticky-tack no calls, you could include several "bad calls" on the Warriors side as well..

I distinctly recall 1 or 2 travels from Jack that resembled Leonard's travel, for instance..

Focusing on Bogut alone would provide minutes of material, tbh..he was getting away with murder on both ends of the floor..

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting how the screen for Curry comes from the guy that TD is guarding...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never pictured him as a Warriors fanboi. Let's see if Curry can hit every stepback, 30 ft, fade away, off balance, picked up off the floor three pointer again.

Manu's shot was stupid but there is a fine line between a shooter and a chucker and those high difficulty shots are going to trend towards chuck more often than not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only Ps&As blame the officiating.
    Spurs wonPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy in the video is a clown, tbh..

If you're going to pinpoint officiating mistakes that include subtleties like travels and ticky-tack no calls, you could include several "bad calls" on the Warriors side as well..

I distinctly recall 1 or 2 travels from Jack that resembled Leonard's travel, for instance..

Focusing on Bogut alone would provide minutes of material, tbh..he was getting away with murder on both ends of the floor..
    Sure and Thompson would have fouled out shortly after half had they called all that . They swallowed the whistle in the second half. It's playoff basketball ffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy was wrong about multiple things throughout the video.

Also, if you are going to highlight officiating that was in favor of the Spurs, there were plenty of calls he could have highlighted in favor of GS down the stretch as well. Ginobili's all ball reach in on Bogut comes to mind and the shooting foul on Diaw when Curry went to the rim that could have easily been a no call as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, what a horrible analysis. The Warriors are not encouraged by this result...quite the opposite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Nick is usually really good in his breakdowns. He knows the Xs and O's very well. But he seems like he had to get something out for the game and as a result produced a video anyone could have made. His video on the Heat/Bulls game was much better, in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever team, whatever sport, nobody ever thinks the officiating helps them. Even Laker fans blame the refs. The plays he highlights are close either way, they all could have been given as fouls or no calls.

Coach Nick isn't a Warriors fanboy. He loves Curry at the moment, but who doesn't? Dude is playing out of his mind. He was well aboard the Spurs bandwagon last year.

He might be right, if any of those get called fouls maybe we lost the game. The difference between a Kawhi 3 and a travel call is huge in a tight game, but thats NBA basketball. Nobody calls travels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: the Spurs fans comment, I can see where he was coming from. At the end I was expecting Curry to hit a miracle winner. I wouldn't have been mad, they dominated the game and deserved to win.

Manu Ginobili's bald spot chapnis's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I normally like Coach Nick, maybe this analysis isn't worse than usual and I'm extremely biased but this one seems a bit meh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good analysis, but he was nitpicking about the officials. Officials miss dozens of travel calls a game. They basically only make travel calls to shift momentum at this point. Same goes for 3 second calls. He was right IMO on the charge call Neal got, and Diaw did foul Curry on that jump shot he pointed out. However, you could sift through the footage and find plenty of no calls when the Spurs were shooting as well. The refs let both sides play pretty physical. There was also an out of bounds call that went to replay that the refs screwed up in one of the overtime periods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Earlier in the season, coach nicks favorite team to watch was the Warriors. Then they stopped playing defense and his favorite team to watch became the Spurs. I recall him saying Kawhi Leonard was his favorite player to watch and that he was the next Scottie Pippen. I guess, when playoffs started, and the warriors looked good and he switched back to them.

I Usually enjoy his commentary, as its usually objective and good basketball analysis. I've never seen him pull a homer like this and actually blame the refs in any game. Unusual for him, but I guess it happens to all fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: the Spurs fans comment, I can see where he was coming from. At the end I was expecting Curry to hit a miracle winner. I wouldn't have been mad, they dominated the game and deserved to win.
    If the Spurs blew a 16 point lead in the last 4 minutes of a game, I certainly wouldn't think they deserved to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs blew a 16 point lead in the last 4 minutes of a game, I certainly wouldn't think they deserved to win.
    Fair point tbh. The warriors were by far the better team for the first 44 minutes. If we play like that for the next few games we'll lose the series and deservedly so.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors shows last night that they are not ready for the WCF, can't let a 16 point lead get turned to dust. This wasn't the first time that they collapsed late in a game and it won't be the last.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like Coach Nick shows why his highest level of coaching experience was three years at a non-compe ive high school.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why, but the officiating seemed pretty even to me. Curry was getting a ton of screens where Joseph, Parker, Neal and Green were getting held. Bogut was the biggest perpetrator of this. I suppose it is easier to call bad officiating when it is happening to the team you are rooting for, but to only show the bad calls on one side is pretty unfair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Nick loves the Spurs offense. He is constantly referencing them as what other teams should be doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brunodf...... dat pick and roll defense

Thread Information