Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They lost to the ing T-pups tonight.

As much as it would be satisfying to slay the Clippers in Round 2 would the Thunder be a more favorable matchup?

Clipper have been on a roll without Griffin who will likely be back soon,but I can't help but think that the process of shutting down a volume chucker like RWB would be good practice for the inevitable showdown with Steph and Klay.

Discuss.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be satisfying to beat either one, but I'm afraid the Spurs could easily lose either one, even with HCA, especially against OKC who has our number (they've beaten us 14 of the last 22 times with Durant in the lineup, including playoffs).

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's rather neutral from a Spurs point of view, so I'd rather wonder which would be the worst match-up for GSW.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's rather neutral from a Spurs point of view, so I'd rather wonder which would be the worst match-up for GSW.
    This.

IMO the Clippers are a tougher match-up for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

IMO the Clippers are a tougher match-up for them.
    The Warriors/Clips also have a nasty/not so friendly history. I can't think of any other matchup that has this kind of personal feel to it. The Warriors would still win, but physically, they would get beat up.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors/Clips also have a nasty/not so friendly history. I can't think of any other matchup that has this kind of personal feel to it. The Warriors would still win, but physically, they would get beat up.
    If Blake comes back and they do meet up I hope when they're inevitably about to lose the series he loses his temper and rams his head into Wardell's knee, tearing out all the ligaments and such.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other hand it means a bit less travel. But yes local rivalries tend to deliver in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Blake comes back and they do meet up I hope when they're inevitably about to lose the series he loses his temper and rams his head into Wardell's knee, tearing out all the ligaments and such.
    And when Klay comes to his defense, Paul goes for the below-the-belt tap, resulting in an Auburn Hills style bench clearing. Multiple suspensions/fines are assessed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1. I'm inclined to think the Clips are the better team to face the Warriors as well. If Blake comes back healthy he'll be able to take advantage Draymond's size. The real question is who gaurds tha Splash Bros? CP3 takes Curry, but Red on Klay?

OKC relies way too much on two players. They're going to SA tonight after both played 35+ minutes. OKC has done a terrible job getting depth around their two top 5 players. Ibaka hasn't been the same since that playoff series against the Spurs. After that there isn't much else on their roster. Makes one appreciate RC and Pop even more from a talent acquisition standpoint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is always hard when the best player in the court is on the other team. Leonard is runners up mvp, but Durant is a much better scorer. Whereas I honestly believe Leonard and LMA are better than Paul and Griffin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should've been more afraid of the clippers in the first place

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter tbh. Warriors will wet on either one in round 2. OKC and Clips have no chance to be GS, maybe take them to 5 games but that's it. I'd rather play OKC because imo they're easier to stop and the Clips get a boner now everytime they play us because of last season.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    It is always hard when the best player in the court is on the other team. Leonard is runners up mvp, but Durant is a much better scorer. Whereas I honestly believe Leonard and LMA are better than Paul and Griffin.
    Leonard yes but Aldridge who is a very good player isn't better than Paul or healthy Griffin

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only team the Spurs fans should worry about are the Warriors. Losing to Oklahoma, who are playing with 2 players and to the Clippers would be a major disappointment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC is just a tough match up for us. I'd rather play the clippers in round two with revenge from last season as fuel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers have such history with the Warriors that it seems they always play them tough, even if they lose it's a wearing game. I'd much rather have them play the Warriors. It would be an exhausting series for the Dubs and there is a chance (say 20%) they'd even lose.

OKC has Westbrook and Durant, of course, which makes them dangerous on any given night. But their defense is so poor, I think the Spurs would handle them in 5 games or so.

Off topic, but a first round matchup of either Dallas or Houston would be so easy for the Spurs, that Pop can probably win those series in 4 or 5 while keeping regular season minutes and rotations, and continuing to integrate Martin and Miller. If we then get OKC in the next round, while they are far more challenging than those teams, they are not particularly physical. We may be able to get to the WCF in good shape with a decent amount of energy if it breaks down like that.

That said, watch OKC blow us out tonight and make me and all the others preferring the Thunder look foolish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers have such history with the Warriors that it seems they always play them tough, even if they lose it's a wearing game. I'd much rather have them play the Warriors. It would be an exhausting series for the Dubs and there is a chance (say 20%) they'd even lose.

OKC has Westbrook and Durant, of course, which makes them dangerous on any given night. But their defense is so poor, I think the Spurs would handle them in 5 games or so.

Off topic, but a first round matchup of either Dallas or Houston would be so easy for the Spurs, that Pop can probably win those series in 4 or 5 while keeping regular season minutes and rotations, and continuing to integrate Martin and Miller. If we then get OKC in the next round, while they are far more challenging than those teams, they are not particularly physical. We may be able to get to the WCF in good shape with a decent amount of energy if it breaks down like that.

That said, watch OKC blow us out tonight and make me and all the others preferring the Thunder look foolish.
    The Spurs won't get blown out tonight, not at home. We should get by the Mavs or the Rockets, but they always seem to play us tough. The thing about the Mavs that worries me is Zaza. He's dirty and seems to have no regard for any repercussions. I can picture Cuban ordering him to "sweep the leg".

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Schmucks. Clippers are the much tougher opponent

Believe.
    My Team
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    Post Count
    Clippers find hilarious ways to grasp defeat out of the jaws of victory against every team but SAS. Definitely don't want them, but they don't have a chance in against GSW. They could be up 10 with two minutes to go and I'd bet on Golden State.

Then again players like Kanter (Acy, Blair) always tend to demolish us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather play OKC and it's not even close. Kawhi owns Durant and the team can afford to let Westbrook go off.

Clippers would be more difficult. Aside from Paul/Blake/Re being tough to guard, CROFL and Rivers turn into world beaters against the Spurs as well. We have homecourt this time so I still think we would beat the Clippers but it would be a longer series.

Unfortunately, OKC should keep slipping.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Hand you the late pass

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are either going to take a dump on the league or 1st round exit. I fear no one but ourselves.

lack of talent isnt going to stop us. we have enough stars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even afraid of OKC after watching how they have lost some recent games.

Thread Information