My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive learned not to question the Spurs, they always are one step ahead of everybody else. But isn't Tyler Ulis the equivalent of Patty? I would think we would need to get bigger at pg?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he isn't. Ulis is an actual Point Guard who can see the floor very well and set up plays for others. Mills is an undersized chucking SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive learned not to question the Spurs, they always are one step ahead of everybody else. But isn't Tyler Ulis the equivalent of Patty? I would think we would need to get bigger at pg?
    Smaller, not as quick, but a better passer. I don't think he would translate personally. I see a lot of his passes being deflected. I am not sold on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he would be there at 29 too. I don't see him as the reason their rumored to be trading up for.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible pick if the Spurs take it..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible pick if the Spurs take it..
    On par with every pick since 2011

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he would be there at 29 too. I don't see him as the reason their rumored to be trading up for.
    You are right. He's not the guy they are looking to trade for. He's a guy who could likely he there at 29, and if they trade Patty to move up or just for a player, he's a suitable replacement. Maybe a better option too since Patty is not a good PG without Manu. Kind of like the Cojo draft, I am hoping he's not the "only haul" but he could be the best PG prospect at 29, an area of need if they deal Patty.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are right. He's not the guy they are looking to trade for. He's a guy who could likely he there at 29, and if they trade Patty to move up or just for a player, he's a suitable replacement. Maybe a better option too since Patty is not a good PG without Manu. Kind of like the Cojo draft, I am hoping he's not the "only haul" but he could be the best PG prospect at 29, an area of need if they deal Patty.
    Just don't like Ulis with 29th...if we dont move up then stick with going for someone with upside even a euro stash guy...I don't see big gap between Ulis and PG that could be had in 2nd round...Kay Felder same mold of player better getting his shot off & finishing inside, Payton would bring more exp. & defense, &/or Cat Barber has legit size and quickness...any player at 29 will have obvious flaws but just don't see much upside with Ulis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well one they dont have a second round pick, so they only have a first.

Two, if they cant move up, then i'd like them to trade the pick for one next year to a potentially crappy team, or package it up for salary relief.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well one they dont have a second round pick, so they only have a first.

Two, if they cant move up, then i'd like them to trade the pick for one next year to a potentially crappy team, or package it up for salary relief.
    I agree if can't trade up then move it for cap relief or with so many teams having multiple 2nd round picks use the 29th to pick up more picks & not be locked into first round salary structure....this draft doesn't seem very deep and more picks at least increase Spurs chance of hitting on a guy....of course most likely will pick euro to stash with 29th

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On par with every pick since 2011

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like my players undersized but I think he plays too fast.. Would have him work with Kyle to slow down a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he isn't. Ulis is an actual Point Guard who can see the floor very well and set up plays for others. Mills is an undersized chucking SG.
    Calipari called him the best leader he coached since he came to Kentucky. One of the best in the draft. If Dray can play center at 6'6, Tyler can play PG for sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I will give to Ulis is he has Kawhi like work ethic and seems bent on proven doubters wrong...while not crazy about him as NBA prospect wouldn't totally surprise me to see him become solid rotation guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they can Gattica him into gaining 4 or 5 more inches of height.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calipari called him the best leader he coached since he came to Kentucky. One of the best in the draft. If Dray can play center at 6'6, Tyler can play PG for sure.
    His coach had to hype him up bc he's 5'9". If he played for anyone else he might not even be in this debate. For pick 29 he's fine. Like others here, I would rather they pick someone else up even at 29 bc we already have so much trouble with undersized PG. I like Brogdon more, a series of wings with holes in their games (like shooting) that might be fixable, there are bigs that could be better.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    His coach had to hype him up bc he's 5'9". If he played for anyone else he might not even be in this debate. For pick 29 he's fine.
    Isaiah Thomas is also 5'9", it's just that he's built like a brick. Ulis is more like TJ Ford who was also slightly built & a pass first PG.

Like others here, I would rather they pick someone else up even at 29 bc we already have so much trouble with undersized PG. I like Brogdon more, a series of wings with holes in their games (like shooting) that might be fixable, there are bigs that could be better.
    Pop probably wants a vet to back up Porker rather than a rookie. Greivis Vásquez is a combo guard PATFO could pick up as a Manu replacement & just have Simmons guard the point guards. Ulis would give the team something it has been sorely lacking since 2014: penetration.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 06-21-2016 at 03:31 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isiah Thomas is much stronger than Tyler. Has a more maintainable body, but I don't think he would be starting anyway. He would be a second unit "juice" guy. As far as skill goes, he is a fantastic pg. His size obviously deters him, but he can shoot, has a decent floater for his size, a good step back three, isn't afraid to take big shots and has shown he can make them. He is a smart and determined player. He is a true pg and makes life easier for those around him, but that's if he finds ways to get around his size. His passing is good when he has space, and he can throws lobs great, which would benefit a team that likes to run. Outside of Timmy, no one could really throw a good lob pass to reward the run after a board. Would be a decent pick, with good upside.

Thread Information