Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tank took a hit tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a look at his latest IG story, still watchable for 9h, the guy isn’t skinny…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a look at his latest IG story, still watchable for 9h, the guy isn’t skinny…
    For those who missed it, here is a French article where the picture is posted :

https://www.parlons-basket.com/2023/...a-draft-photo/

(Sorry I don't know how to post a pic' here...)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who missed it, here is a French article where the picture is posted :

https://www.parlons-basket.com/2023/...a-draft-photo/

(Sorry I don't know how to post a pic' here...)
    The upper body will never be an issue for his health so he is kinda skinny jacked but what matters is legs, lower back and knees. Nevertheless it shows dude is taking seriously his fitness program.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France is stacked ! We’re going to dominate Basketball for decades !
    Hold your horses but it is looking good especially if we land Embiid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tank took a hit tonight.
    There's absolutely zero reason that all three of Poeltl, Richardson, and McB should still be on this team. At least 2 of those guys should be gone and if they were we'd be in last place, or certainly in the bottom 3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's absolutely zero reason that all three of Poeltl, Richardson, and McB should still be on this team. At least 2 of those guys should be gone and if they were we'd be in last place, or certainly in the bottom 3.
    Well they’re pretty damn close with them on the team.

Only one I think would be malpractice not to move is Richardson. I can see them wanting to figure out another deal with Jakob in the summer, and they have another year to move Doug.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hold your horses but it is looking good especially if we land Embiid
    Not sure I'd like Embiid, the guy acts like a pros ue by getting all nationalities possible and I'm afraid he would condition his choice on the fact that the team will have to play by his rules. And actually, with Gobert and Wembanyama we might nit need him in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I'd like Embiid, the guy acts like a pros ue by getting all nationalities possible and I'm afraid he would condition his choice on the fact that the team will have to play by his rules. And actually, with Gobert and Wembanyama we might nit need him in the future.
    You don't pass up this kind of impact player tbh... you find a way to make it work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is Embiid's connection to France? Wasn't born in France, I believe he didn't live or play in France, I doubt his ancestors are French... so what is left? he eats french fries? he french kisses his wife? Really kind of shameful France needs to do this to be successful in sports. Wembanyama, Gobert & the rest of the players born & raised in France aren't enough? This kind of takes away any meaning in whatever success they can achieve, if this is how you do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is Embiid's connection to France? Wasn't born in France, I believe he didn't live or play in France, I doubt his ancestors are French... so what is left? he eats french fries? he french kisses his wife? Really kind of shameful France needs to do this to be successful in sports. Wembanyama, Gobert & the rest of the players born & raised in France aren't enough? This kind of takes away any meaning in whatever success they can achieve, if this is how you do it.
    Escuchen, corran la bola...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol some of you post stupid takes vehemently and get caught in horribles takes easily verified by google. Who is ignoring who?!? It is fun to clown on clowns

The dumb-assess who make everything about politics like B2B are a different kind of stupid.
    It's wholly preferrable to have posters posting "stupid takes" that are basketball, and Spurs, related, than to have the smartest and wittiest of personal insults and retorts flying around constantly (and no -talking poster on SpursTalk is on that level or close to it, btw). I'd rather talk ball all day on a basketball forum and take my need for fighting others to the places where it belongs, if at all.

And it's ironic that you complain about posters making "everything about politics" when you're notorious yourself for getting personal with other posters, and straight up insulting others and the Spurs players & front office, whilst also having a PFP that heavily displays an American, right-wing profile. Like, pot and kettle kind of thing, don't you think?

Just my 2c.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's wholly preferrable to have posters posting "stupid takes" that are basketball, and Spurs, related, than to have the smartest and wittiest of personal insults and retorts flying around constantly (and no -talking poster on SpursTalk is on that level or close to it, btw). I'd rather talk ball all day on a basketball forum and take my need for fighting others to the places where it belongs, if at all.

And it's ironic that you complain about posters making "everything about politics" when you're notorious yourself for getting personal with other posters, and straight up insulting others and the Spurs players & front office, whilst also having a PFP that heavily displays an American, right-wing profile. Like, pot and kettle kind of thing, don't you think?

Just my 2c.
    I seldom read your posts (novels) because you can’t ever get to the point without writing a 1000 word babbling essay… and yes my PFP is myself; a Canadian centrist who doesn’t come to this site to deal with politically motivated rants from any side of the aisle. Your PFP is a hippie. Makes sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts exactly!! The best time to trade Poeltl was either at the last trade deadline or over the summer. The other 2 definitely shouldn't have lasted this long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embiid gained French nationality in July or something, he is from Cameroon, speaks French but never lived in France. His mother Christine is French tho and I think he has family in France. That's about it. On a side note he also recently gained US nationality, as he has never played for a national team he is eligible for both US and France. Not sure he has made up his mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's wild is that apparently the biggest difference between the Nets (a contender) and the Spurs (a bottom dweller) is two players (superstars, granted). That's it. Just need to get lucky and find those two superstars (easier said than done).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Id argue that lean, bound muscle like that is better that watery bulk gains swole as they may be. Kinda reminds me of George Hill's build, dude was a greyhound, total machine out there imo tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That probably isn’t far off from his natural physique. Run a clean, 5k caloric intake for 2-3yrs in addition to all the the physical training/tutelage and he will be a fking freak.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-18-2023 at 05:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ripped lean and totally shredded like that also bodes well for potentially bearing the physical impact workload of the heavier NBA season. It's a great start conditioning wise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The French Basketball Federation didn’t do, or asked for, anything in this matter. It just happened that they discovered Embiid was applying for the French nationality because it seems that he wants to play for a national team that can win something. Contacts have been established between him and the federation after that (Bobo being part of it and confirmed that talks were happening). But then the guy also got US nationality, so it looks like he doesn’t really know what he wants, and I’m not sure I want this kind of temper in the national team. Of course, as Brazil said, you don’t pass on such a player, but I hope he won’t bring a bad atmosphere to the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That probably isn’t far off from his natural physique. Run a clean, 5k caloric intake for 2-3yrs in addition to all the the physical training/tutelage and he will be a fking freak.
    ALthough I'm no expert, I worry more about his base and his knees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the Charlotte-Houston tilt. Like watching an open gym. Sloppy play, lots of turnovers, shots blocked.

Mark Williams has been recalled from G-League, it appears. He's big and looking good. I mean, in this game at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMello falls with an ankle injury. I expect the Rockets to win tonight and Ball to miss time. May be the worst team we've ever seen.

Thread Information