Page 325 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2252753153213223233243253263273283293353754258251325 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 40770
    TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think at this point what annoys me is the people following the company line, trying best to quarantine, but basically reflect the poor timing of the administration. The ones who are doing what they're told but also qualifying it with "we're doing what we can, no way we could have been prepared for this" etc
    Despite more and more evidence showing 100% we could have acted in late Jan or early February to prevent the severity.
    It's annoying af.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/army-w...0000-americans

I mean literally every intel and gov/military group was telling the administration this was going to be the real deal and they sat on their asses for an entire MONTH telling joe bob racist alabama and grandma tv watcher that it was fake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take that HCQ in a heartbeat, if I thought it would keep me off a respirator. Aren't your survival odds only like 20%, if you get on respirator?
    Probably less if you don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is it necessarily an either/or thing?

if your situation is so grim where you cant breathe without a ventilator, i dont know (literally, i have no medical expertise) that a drug will fix it at that point

Yeah, probably doesn't work if you're already crashing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you need a laugh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't get any data on this, but are people with Lupus contracting covid-19? If not, wouldn't that suggest that the drug has a prophylactic effect?
    Medicare is currently working with FDA and doing a search of their database to get that type of data. Just happened yesterday at the urging of Dr Oz (of all people ).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The grim death-toll projections the White House offered Monday have already been revised upward

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=nl_tyh&wpmk=1

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than 1,000 in US die in a single day from coronavirus, doubling the worst daily death toll of the flu

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lu/5100905002/

Already knew that more than 1k died but I wanted to post because of the second part of the le. And that's early days with shutting down everything.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think at this point what annoys me is the people following the company line, trying best to quarantine, but basically reflect the poor timing of the administration. The ones who are doing what they're told but also qualifying it with "we're doing what we can, no way we could have been prepared for this" etc
    Despite more and more evidence showing 100% we could have acted in late Jan or early February to prevent the severity.
    It's annoying af.

I mean literally every intel and gov/military group was telling the administration this was going to be the real deal and they sat on their asses for an entire MONTH telling joe bob racist alabama and grandma tv watcher that it was fake.
    your post is surrounded by one of those s right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is it necessarily an either/or thing?

if your situation is so grim where you cant breathe without a ventilator, i dont know (literally, i have no medical expertise) that a drug will fix it at that point
    Yeah, probably doesn't work if you're already crashing.
    There's no reason to believe chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine are going to work in those cases. Probably this will need to be started early in the infection.

They are doing trials of many more drugs. Some of them much more powerful rheumatoid arthritis drugs that offer more hope for critically ill. The idea is to just shut down their immune response. These (like chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine) are immunosuppressive drugs.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's annoying af.

Dude basically all media outlets were posting that this is nothing compared to the regular flu in late January and early February. If the Washington Post (not that I think highly of them) is pushing that then there is zero chance of the average American will do something. You have a point but late January and early February is not a reasonable timeline given what was actually being pushed during that time period.

Edit:. I suppose you were talking about lower levels of government. Your expectations of them are also too high.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you need a laugh

I've been binging Taskmaster (uk show, first four seasons available on YouTube) lately and I've got tons of laughs from that tbh. Highly recommended.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude basically all media outlets were posting that this is nothing compared to the regular flu in late January and early February. If the Washington Post (not that I think highly of them) is pushing that then there is zero chance of the average American will do something. You have a point but late January and early February is not a reasonable timeline given what was actually being pushed during that time period.

Edit:. I suppose you were talking about lower levels of government. Your expectations of them are also too high.
    WGAF about news outlets? The media coverage to common people like us is meaningless. Our leadership was told by people who are paid to know these things that this was coming and they did nothing. And we're getting do ent after do ent of warnings our leaders recieved and did nothing about. January, February. The government's ability to get a response going would have shaped that part of it, not vice versa

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine have extremely good safety profiles when taken as directed. The more serious complications come from long term use or people with serious heart conditions. You can look up the safety data of virtually any medication (even over the counter) and find serious side effects that happen to some small percentage of people. Medicine is not an exact science.

Too much is being made out of that couple that took 16 times the recommended dose and ed themselves up.

Too much is also being made of the word anecdotal. Dr. Fauci's initial use of that word was in response to a specific question about using the drug as a prophylactic (to prevent infection not treatment). Now people like Chump are running with it cuz Trump.

As a treatment, we have good in vitro evidence on their inhibition of viral attachment & replication and chemically why it does. We have decades of studies on their inhibition of cytokine production, that's why they are used for autoimmune diseases. And we have a number of small imperfect studies of actual clinical use. That's all a bit more than anecdotal I would say.

That's all very hopeful. We'll see what the large scale study shows. It's not going to be a wonder drug though where you give it to people near or already in organ failure and they all magically get better. Those medicines do not exist.
    GFY dude.

I've said several times I HOPE IT WORKS. Quit making straw men to defend Trump. I asked you if there was anything else beyond what I listed.

Looks like there's nothing.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nathan continues to be driven by the preposterous delusion that The Media is the elected leader of the United States, ignoring and excusing the failures of Government leaders (well, Republican ones at least) because MSNBC ran something sensationalist and inaccurate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^The WHO is a disgusting organization.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France is reporting 1300 deaths. Not sure if that's a combined number from yesterday and today.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    4032 total

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/26/covid-19-tracker/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much is also being made of the word anecdotal. Dr. Fauci's initial use of that word was in response to a specific question about using the drug as a prophylactic (to prevent infection not treatment). Now people like Chump are running with it cuz Trump.
    no. anybody who has even moderate scientific literacy knows the importance of the word "anecdotal" in these areas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. anybody who has even moderate scientific literacy knows the importance of the word "anecdotal" in these areas
    It describes literally every pimping of this drug. I would actually expect more than four anecdotes at this point given how widespread both the virus and the media coverage of the game changing miracle drug are.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ugh oh, Little Jared is on the scene on the old presser.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, China bad.

Everyone but Trump knew that.

Why did Trump trust China?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY death rate daily seems to be stabilizing, ands a lower %age of national deaths

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^But cases overall in NY are rising

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't get any data on this, but are people with Lupus contracting covid-19? If not, wouldn't that suggest that the drug has a prophylactic effect?
    We can't get data on if regular people are getting it much less on a small subset of people. Until we get better testing data I'm not sure we'll know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's annoying af.

Exactly. This is why there's really no doubt that they have ed up big time. A month + is a long time. It still would have been an issue but we coudl have saved lives.

Thread Information