Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2371
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PJ Tucker for a 1st?! The man turns 36 in two months! Insanity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tucker saw the writing on the wall (no playoff future) and wanted out of Houston much like Aldridge wants out of SA. Spurs wont trade Rudy because they to resign him for another 2 years at 15 million a year like they did for Gasol. I can hear all the pounders saying whaaaat !!! Whhhhyyyyy ? Yeah me too. A week to go till the trade deadline. Do something Spurs Front office ....Damn it !!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PJ Tucker for a 1st?! The man turns 36 in two months! Insanity
    It's a little confusing, but may not be that big. 2 firsts to Houston and a first and a second to the bucks?
    I may be reading it wrong, but essentially flipping a late first for a early second, currently 8 picks apart but could narrow.
    Like SA in the past the bucks are in a position where they don't want the guaranteed contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should draft Kai Jones.
    I want Evan Mobley myself, but I wouldn't be upset with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Houston basically got a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder for PJ Tucker? The Spurs really do suck at trades.
    no, they swapped a first round and a 2nd round pick for 2 firsts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston is ed for a while. I always thought gambit’s “Spurs have the worst future in the division” take was laughable when you look at Houston.
    No, you just don't understand - the Rockettes have 4 first round picks they got by trade!! FOUR!! Nevermind that the Spurs also have 4 FRP, and more, not to mention a much better drafting ability/scouting.....

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think teams who will not be chosen by LMA, in case of a buy out, will be more willing to trade...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People being jealous of the teams hoarding draft picks make me laugh.

Would you be jealous of someone who had 10 lottery tickets (with very low odds at that)

They're lottery tickets. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and pretend they're million dollar checks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors may fall out of playoffs without a move for a big...

They’re already on the outside looking in.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re already on the outside looking in.
    True, but they only have to finish ahead of 5 teams to make the play-in. And Curry is capable of carrying them to two wins by himself.

I think the chances are quite slim that any of the Rockets/Kings/Wolves/Thunder make the top 10. That means the Warriors only need to stay ahead of one team, probably the Pelicans or Grizzlies. Getting to 7 or 8 would be nice to only need to win 1 game to make the postseason, but I don't see the Warriors falling out of the top 10 barring Curry getting injured.

The teams I expected to be in the top 5 based on scoring differential (Jazz/Lakers/Suns/Clippers/Nuggets) have all gotten there now. I think the only really interesting races will be for #6 (avoid the play-in) and #10 (get into the play-in). The order of the play-in teams probably won't be settled until the very end of the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, they swapped a first round and a 2nd round pick for 2 firsts
    Plus, as I mentioned earlier the difference between the first and second rounder is not great.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few things Spurs related coming from Magic front office:

LMA not as easy to trade as some may think, teams that most want him don't have right pieces that would interest Spurs + match salary. Sees LMA heading for buyout and signing with Lakers, Clippers, Trailblazers, or Heat.

Spurs not actively shopping DDR but also no positive movement from an extension standpoint. If Spurs feel it is best to fully move towards future team to watch is Hawks, has heard rumors of very preliminary discussion. Hawks will not be able to resign Collins and Bogdan has been disappointment. Says Spurs have always liked Bogdanvic and believes Landry Fields really likes Lonnie Walker/ K.Johnson. He says this is not likely to happen for obvious reasons but if Spurs decided to move on decision would be could they do better with cap flexibility/picks vs what they could get from Hawks. Also noted to watch for any Gay trade as if Gay is moved a DDR move is imminent, and if DDR was moved first then Gay trade would follow. If Gay traded watch Miami, key will be Spurs will want Achiuwa while Heat will want to give up KZ.

Magic willing to trade Gordon & Vuc but not desperate. Feeling is no one willing to meet asking price at this time and one more year may help bring more clarity to Magic organization regarding future as Isaac returns, Okeke develops, and another draft. Only Isaac, Fultz, Okeke considered untouchable. Weltman believes he has backing for 3 more years and is really trying to build for team to be playoff bound in 2 years. Also says Gordon wants out but will not cause any trouble/tension while Vuc doesn't really care. Vuc is different personality, his biggest personal priority was getting paid, but he isn't a "me" guy, just a different personality. Says he works hard & teammates like him but he is happy getting paid to play basketball, whether he is on a winning or losing team doesn't matter all that much to him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LMA not as easy to trade as some may think, teams that most want him don't have right pieces that would interest Spurs + match salary. Sees LMA heading for buyout and signing with Lakers, Clippers, Trailblazers, or Heat.

Spurs not actively shopping DDR but also no positive movement from an extension standpoint. If Spurs feel it is best to fully move towards future team to watch is Hawks, has heard rumors of very preliminary discussion. Hawks will not be able to resign Collins and Bogdan has been disappointment. Says Spurs have always liked Bogdanvic and believes Landry Fields really likes Lonnie Walker/ K.Johnson. He says this is not likely to happen for obvious reasons but if Spurs decided to move on decision would be could they do better with cap flexibility/picks vs what they could get from Hawks. Also noted to watch for any Gay trade as if Gay is moved a DDR move is imminent, and if DDR was moved first then Gay trade would follow. If Gay traded watch Miami, key will be Spurs will want Achiuwa while Heat will want to give up KZ.

Magic willing to trade Gordon & Vuc but not desperate. Feeling is no one willing to meet asking price at this time and one more year may help bring more clarity to Magic organization regarding future as Isaac returns, Okeke develops, and another draft. Only Isaac, Fultz, Okeke considered untouchable. Weltman believes he has backing for 3 more years and is really trying to build for team to be playoff bound in 2 years. Also says Gordon wants out but will not cause any trouble/tension while Vuc doesn't really care. Vuc is different personality, his biggest personal priority was getting paid, but he isn't a "me" guy, just a different personality. Says he works hard & teammates like him but he is happy getting paid to play basketball, whether he is on a winning or losing team doesn't matter all that much to him.
    Judging from this Vuc doesn't seem like a winner. Doesn't have the dog in him like people on this forum say.

I'll admit I haven't watched any team other than the Spurs play since the past couple of seasons so I don't know how any guys from other teams play.

Is KZ a good player now? I remember the forum going gaga over him in his draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Orlando overvaluing Vuc and Gordon!!"

"They waited too long!!"

"Magic are not a winning team anyway so why are they overvaluing these two!!"

Ahh how the simpleton argument falls flat on its face when it's applied to other organizations.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Orlando overvaluing Vuc and Gordon!!"

"They waited too long!!"

"Magic are not a winning team anyway so why are they overvaluing these two!!"

Ahh how the simpleton argument falls flat on its face when it's applied to other organizations.
    I think I’m trying to figure out what you are advocating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simply laughing at the Homer Simpson GMs on here who think everything is easy to pull off in this league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not exactly sure what an acceptable Atlanta trade would look like for the FO. Maybe DDR/Walker/Lyles for Collins/Bogdanovic/Snell. Doubt the FO would give up both KJ and Walker but they should be willing to part ways with Walker if that gets you Collins.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, yeah, overall I see your point with the geniuses on the board. But specifically with LMA, I was saying in the summer that there is a risk in not moving him after resigning Yak, because LMA could easily become a distraction given his temperament. I don’t know if the team overvalued his worth, but maybe undervalued the risk in keeping him around, especially at his age?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People being jealous of the teams hoarding draft picks make me laugh.

Would you be jealous of someone who had 10 lottery tickets (with very low odds at that)

They're lottery tickets. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and pretend they're million dollar checks.
    Spurs FO is great at drafting and player development. They are terrible at almost everything else. I think we can get a true cornerstone player with a top 5 pick. They won’t tank or trade assets when they have value. So we get stuck picking later and gathering good players who aren’t good enough to make us a le contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yooo guys for what it’s worth that NBASupes guy on the hawks fan site said this just now....

“I got some good stuff, There is a lot of big names available right now. Both San Antonio and Houston have engaged in talks about Huerter. Oladipo is a name that has come up for Atlanta. It doesn't seem likely considering Oladipo contract wants but Oladipo would consider Atlanta as a team to resign with now that Nate is the HC.
    Keep an eye on this. DeRozan is another name to keep an eye on. Not sure why Atlanta is going all in but Kevin is legit on the market and could be moved. Bogi has a NTC for his year. FYI.
    Terrance Ross has been a name Atlanta has reached out to Orlando about for Snell. Snell is being shopped even though he's playing well.
    Atlanta doesn't mind paying the tax. It's all about contract value is what he's hearing.
    Nothing new on the Collins stuff. He said he doesn't think Collins will be moved based on what's being said but you never know.
    Bruno is clearly a throw in. He's been in all of these deals to some degree.
    Doesn't seem like Rondo, Dunn, Bogi, Gallo, Big O, May's, Knight or any new guys will be moved outside of Snell.
    Kevin is a legit piece Atlanta is open to moving but they want an all star type in return like Oladipo or DeRozan. Teams have been calling on Kevin but Atlanta has a clear price they are looking for.
    Once again, Atlanta is not scared to pay big money if this tells you anything.
    I repeat, Tony doesn't give a damn about paying the LT. He is willing to do what it takes to win.
    Oladipo has become a serious name for Atlanta of late. His recent play has sparked interest but Kevin's recent play has shot his value through the roof. He might be overpriced next year. “
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Last edited by Degoat; 03-18-2021 at 12:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta giving up Huerter for Oladipo, if there is any truth to that, would haunt them for years.

Also IMO there’s little value in giving up a young player with some level of promise for a soon to be RFA in Collins who will probably command a max contract. Atlanta can say they will match anything but that’s the only thing they can say right now to try to get any sort of value of have any leverage in a trade situation.

If the spurs FO wants Collins, wait 4 months, know you’re one of like 3 teams who can actually offer max money, and call Atlanta’s bluff. I’m not even convinced a top tier role player/glue guy who can’t create for himself is worth that kinda money anyway, so why give up assets just to have the right to pay him? Makes no sense.
    Last edited by PrimeMinister; 03-18-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huerter fits what we need to survive offensively when Demar leaves some movement shooting and a little playmaking. Fournier and Huerter are the types of archetype that can make it work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was not impressed by the little I've seen of Huerter, but makes sense if it's a DeMar swap. We'd be lacking in big wings and he's that archetype. Maybe Keldon starts and Huerter backs him up.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was not impressed by the little I've seen of Huerter, but makes sense if it's a DeMar swap. We'd be lacking in big wings and he's that archetype. Maybe Keldon starts and Huerter backs him up.
    I haven't seen any of Huerter, but his advanced stats are not terribly impressive. He's only 22 so there's still time to improve. That's a double-edged sword, though; he's up for an extension in 2022 and the Spurs will have a lot of rookie contracts to juggle. Penciling in Collins for DeMar's salary slot is fine, but who do you let go/not pay to keep Huerter? That's probably why Walker and Keldon were mentioned, the Spurs won't be able to extend/pay all of their young guys let alone ones that come in from a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen any of Huerter, but his advanced stats are not terribly impressive. He's only 22 so there's still time to improve. That's a double-edged sword, though; he's up for an extension in 2022 and the Spurs will have a lot of rookie contracts to juggle. Penciling in Collins for DeMar's salary slot is fine, but who do you let go/not pay to keep Huerter? That's probably why Walker and Keldon were mentioned, the Spurs won't be able to extend/pay all of their young guys let alone ones that come in from a trade.
    Eh, I think they can all be kept. Walker's not going to yield a big contract. Keldon, while showing a lot of potential, still needs to make a big leap and even then, he's got to show he's better than White (who has the biggest contract out of all the young guys). That's what's great about having White, while he's not a star (yet), you can use him as a benchmark for contracts. I don't think any player on the team aside from Murray thinks they're better than White. You can attribute that to the chemistry of the team and Pop's coaching style.

Thread Information