Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half of those stats weren't even relevant to a racist argument (and I don't even think phyzik was trying to be racist). I don't think you'd know what a truth nuke was if you were standing in Hiroshima. , how long did it take you to give up on Jimmer?
    You are right in that I wasn't being racist (or at least, it was not my intention to be racists if that's how it came across). As far as the "a black" thing, that wasn't my writing, that was all literally copy and pasted from my source ( http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5...aaron-bandler# ). My whole stance on this (and my true purpose for posting the stats) is that I have been appalled by some of the the media has been showing regarding this. I was angry with the cops as well after following the narrative the media wants you to see, but then I started actually looking deeper into this mess.

The whole narrative is blown way out of proportion and everyone (especially the BLM movement) wants to portray this as cops are targeting black people which is simply a blatant lie.

I still have issues with the way law enforcement handles some of these situations, and there is definitely an undertone of racism present, but I feel it is reaching "boy cried wolf" levels at this point. It is all exacerbated because the media reports only the "cop shoots unarmed black man" stories because that's what makes money. You will never hear the story about the white unarmed guy who was killed by police because nobody cares.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half of those stats weren't even relevant to a racist argument (and I don't even think phyzik was trying to be racist). I don't think you'd know what a truth nuke was if you were standing in Hiroshima. , how long did it take you to give up on Jimmer?
    What's "the argument." He didn't source his arguments; but they were consistent with many stats I've seen. Are you struggling with the truth?

And this would seem like a sidebar or deflection, but I posted on Jimmer in multiple threads, yesterday.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh God, here comes Black on Black crime guy

I love their comparisons of officers that are paid to protect and serve all citizens vs. poor gangbangers fighting for turf and customers, tbh
    Serious question for you, Kool, and trill...as black men do you actually get harassed by cops? Two of my closest friends are brothas and they are very passionate about this but tell me they have never been pulled over or harassed by cops...makes me wonder if it really is a daily hassle or if its exaggerated a bit.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question for you, Kool, and trill...as black men do you actually get harassed by cops? Two of my closest friends are brothas and they are very passionate about this but tell me they have never been pulled over or harassed by cops...makes me wonder if it really is a daily hassle or if its exaggerated a bit.
    I'm a white guy so I cant really relate... Lots of people on the interwebs says I have "white privilege" but I honestly don't know what that actually means and I think it is a bogus excuse for people to undermine authority when confronted by law enforcement. All I can relate is my own interactions with law enforcement. Every time I have been stopped or questioned by law enforcement, regardless if I have done nothing wrong or when I know I was in the wrong, I treat them with respect and follow their instructions. Never have a problem with them when I do that. Yeah, it sucks getting taken in for whatever reason it may be that they stopped you (weather it is right or wrong), but I think complying with them only helps your case in the long run.

I have been taken in 2 times in my life, and I wont get into that unless someone wants to hear the stories. One was legit my fault (excessive speed) and the other was just plain letting the wrong people in my car at some point and not cleaning up after them (getting in trouble months later after a minor traffic stop and allowing them to search the vehicle (they found something under a seat that wasn't mine)).

Having said that, other than those 2 times, I have been pulled over several more times and been released with a warning (or a simple ticket). Living in San Antonio as a white person, I am a minority.... I dont think I have EVER been pulled over by a white cop here. The only white officer I know is my brother, who works in the county jail and is not a beat cop. If you just comply with their demands and not be a ing (and explain your situation) they really dont GAF about the minor .... Act respectful and be calm, admit you did something wrong and accept the ticket and they will leave you alone.

If you act like an asshole who is supposedly being oppressed by the popo when you are acting a fool, expect to get your wrecked.
    Last edited by phyzik; 09-27-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By that logic, blacks get a pass for being "gangbangers". You went full re , bro.
    Putting aside that you're the biggest racist in the NBA section of SpursTalk, this post and your comprehension is terrible, tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a black buddy that lives in Schertz(small town outside of San Antonio) and he gets pulled over by the police pretty reguarly for really no good reason. Its to the point now where some of the cops know him on a first name basis.

Basically they pull him over and our like "oh its you" and basically let him go..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putting aside that you're the biggest racist in the NBA section of SpursTalk, this post and your comprehension is terrible, tbh
    A re calling me racist ain't a worry.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ It makes no sense. That's like having a conversation about terror attacks, then claiming they're irrelevant because you're 90% more likely to die in a car accident.

On a discussion about terror threats, it makes zero sense, and it's a diversion, as spurraider said.
    Completely bad false analogy. A correct one would be someone whining about distracted drivers as an alcoholic who drives while intoxicated every weekend and that you're far more likely to die in a car accident because of your own than someone else's. The analogy you gave compared apples to oranges in two ways even. Accidents vs intentional actions as opposed to mine which was two intentional actions, and you're comparing two things which are only vaguely related as opposed to exactly related.

If you want to talk about terror though and the strawman arguments regarding them, sure. Go ahead, I will if you really want to. Just send a PM; won't waste more than a couple lines on a red herring.

In any case, he only "diversion" is to whine about ing LESS THAN ONE PERCENT of black deaths every year that happen at the hands of police when they ing kill eachother for nearly 19 of every 20 black killings. Forgive me for not listening too hard when they aren't making a big deal about that.

"Black Lives Matter" movement is a joke to me and will remain to be one as long as they hypocritically focus on the less than 10% of black deaths that happen at the hands of non blacks and barely say about the fact they kill eachother way more than anyone else does.

These same inept, unintelligent dip s blame Hillary for their probs and talk her when she's been one of the few to even show she gave a . Their priorities are all wrong and so is their logic. ing stupid movement until that changes.

And no I don't think it's okay if police kill unarmed, non threatening blacks, nor do I think a movement of that kind wouldn't be a good thing. . .if they actually made a proportional effort to speak out and draw attention to black on black crime to a proportional amount more than how many blacks die to police. But they don't, and won't, and thus I will always view it was disingenuous finger pointing without taking much responsibility for their own far greater issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely bad false analogy. A correct one would be someone whining about distracted drivers as an alcoholic who drives while intoxicated every weekend and that you're far more likely to die in a car accident because of your own than someone else's. The analogy you gave compared apples to oranges in two ways even. Accidents vs intentional actions as opposed to mine which was two intentional actions, and you're comparing two things which are only vaguely related as opposed to exactly related.

If you want to talk about terror though and the strawman arguments regarding them, sure. Go ahead, I will if you really want to. Just send a PM; won't waste more than a couple lines on a red herring.

In any case, he only "diversion" is to whine about ing LESS THAN ONE PERCENT of black deaths every year that happen at the hands of police when they ing kill eachother for nearly 19 of every 20 black killings. Forgive me for not listening too hard when they aren't making a big deal about that.

"Black Lives Matter" movement is a joke to me and will remain to be one as long as they hypocritically focus on the less than 10% of black deaths that happen at the hands of non blacks and barely say about the fact they kill eachother way more than anyone else does.

These same inept, unintelligent dip s blame Hillary for their probs and talk her when she's been one of the few to even show she gave a . Their priorities are all wrong and so is their logic. ing stupid movement until that changes.

And no I don't think it's okay if police kill unarmed, non threatening blacks, nor do I think a movement of that kind wouldn't be a good thing. . .if they actually made a proportional effort to speak out and draw attention to black on black crime to a proportional amount more than how many blacks die to police. But they don't, and won't, and thus I will always view it was disingenuous finger pointing without taking much responsibility for their own far greater issues.
    Not a bad nor false analogy at all. Car accidents are not always unintentional (plenty of drunk drivers). If you want we can change it to the obesity epidemic in the US or suicides (clearly intentional actions).

LESS THAN ONE PERCENT, as you say, of Americans die in terror attacks, whereas heart disease, diabetes, and suicide are among the top 10 leading causes of death, but nobody seriously brings that up on a terror conversation unless they want to dodge the subject.

The point that apparently still escapes you is that it's perfectly fine to have a discussion on the topic of police brutality, despite how many black on black, black on white, white on black, etc crimes occur. The fact that the magnitude of a completely different set of events is higher, doesn't make the other conversation any less relevant or important. They're two different topics. Even if you want to advance they're tangentially connected (which they're really not), talking about one topic doesn't invalidate the other. Bringing the other topic up is clearly a dodge though.

And this is not a defense of BLM or anything like that. It's a simple rational argument about the validity of any discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More importantly, I don't give a about what goes on in the ghetto. May as well try to pin starvation in Africa on me too. My skin color doesn't make me beholden to others who share my ethnicity, but it sure as can make me more vulnerable in a situation where I am confronted by a police officer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how these ignorant white people that have never been to a hood act like Black people don't care about Black on Black crime, tbh

It's a huge issue in the community that has been constantly discussed among Black people for the past 40 years..in my hood growing up, we had neighborhood "walk-throughs" from police on a weekly basis, generated by the requests of families in the community that were tired of drugs, guns, etc..it's a discussion that never ends..

Anyways, it's completely irrelevant in this discussion, regardless..the actions of a police officer should never be compared to the behavior of gangbangers, that's just a ridiculously stupid argument..
    Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 09-29-2016 at 10:14 AM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love how these ignorant white people that have never been to a hood act like Black people don't care about Black on Black crime, tbh
    They don't.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dodged the draft

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You dodged the draft
    he did?

good for him

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he did?

good for him
    They were calling his name.

he dodged.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They were calling his name.

he dodged.
    well, i guess the very moment he dodged.....avante was enlisting.

think about that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cam was tapdancing harder than Bo Jangles though...much more egregious than LeBron (who at least says he supports what Kap is doing overall).

Cam gave such a ty vanilla, non-confrontational, cringe-worthy, coonish take, that even Screamin' A Smith was able to eviscerate him

SAS: "When you are part of a community that has a history of suffering..."

Shut the up, you ing dumbass. I can only imagine the insane amount of suffering this rich, famous, got must have been through on his life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, at least LBJ isn't an Uncle Tom like Colin Kapernick and his bretheren of followers. Glad LBJ has a solid handle on reality and will do more for black activism than being a spoiled, over privileged athlete that thinks taking a knee is something revolutionary instead of what it is- an empty gesture posed by empty s s of people. Bron real, kneeling for the anthem is lazy, coonish Uncle Tommery.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kap- Uncle Tom

Cam- Bucking the trend. Says, " y'all dumb s perpetuating dead stereotypes and being distractions while the Man continues to put us in chains. I don't fall in with y'all Uncle Tom's continue being told what to do."

Lil Wayne- Bucking the trend. DEAD-ASS HONEST dude. Said he NEVER experienced REAL racism AT ALL, like 90% of the black population. Not an Uncle Tom for following the Uncle Toms in their falsehoods and victimization ploy.

LBJ- Refuses to be King Coon Uncle Tom by bucking the trend. Refuses to be King White Jordan II because we all know damn well Jordan aint been black for 20-30 years now. Dude is a slave master who HATES, absolutely HATES black people. Glad LBJ can be a champion for the colored masses who use their brain to INDEPENDENTLY think can look up to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut the up, you ing dumbass. I can only imagine the insane amount of suffering this rich, famous, got must have been through on his life.
    Most blacks don't know what true suffering is. Americans in general dont. Our "poverty" is still better than 90% of the world. Blacks are just drama queens that need to get over it. And just because Cam overcame and succeeded in life, how do you know what he went thru before that?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blacks are just drama queens that need to get over it.
    Chooch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a bad nor false analogy at all. Car accidents are not always unintentional (plenty of drunk drivers). If you want we can change it to the obesity epidemic in the US or suicides (clearly intentional actions).

LESS THAN ONE PERCENT, as you say, of Americans die in terror attacks, whereas heart disease, diabetes, and suicide are among the top 10 leading causes of death, but nobody seriously brings that up on a terror conversation unless they want to dodge the subject.

The point that apparently still escapes you is that it's perfectly fine to have a discussion on the topic of police brutality, despite how many black on black, black on white, white on black, etc crimes occur. The fact that the magnitude of a completely different set of events is higher, doesn't make the other conversation any less relevant or important. They're two different topics. Even if you want to advance they're tangentially connected (which they're really not), talking about one topic doesn't invalidate the other. Bringing the other topic up is clearly a dodge though.

And this is not a defense of BLM or anything like that. It's a simple rational argument about the validity of any discussion.
    No, again you come up with yet another false analogy with obesity/suicides. Black Lives Matter is a self explanatory movement that focuses on some of the most minor sources of black deaths rather than by far the most major one (themselves). And thus, it always comes off as disingenuous.

A proper obesity analogy would be a grossly overweight man who eats trash 24/7 ing about someone making him fat by putting an extra sugar in his coffee each morning. Rather than take responsibility for being fat because of his own actions, he blames the minor others did to contribute to it. A lack of responsibility and passive aggressively diverting attention and blame elsewhere. I dislike anybody who does like that and BLM is no exception.

If blacks want cops to stop shooting them, perhaps taking responsibility for the fact their race commits more crime per capita and acts the loudest and most aggressive while openly being hostile towards police and making a movement to change their own ing behavior to fit into society more civilly would yield better results than to about people reacting to it in a completely logical manner (being more apprehensive around them when they're being arrested for crimes or stopped by police).

Take some ing responsibility by speaking to black communities about getting their together first. If AFTER they do that and there is a noticeable change, and cops are acting the same, then BLM would have a point and I would say nothing negative about it. "Survival of the fittest". Ever hear of that? It doesn't mean "only the strong survive", it means those that fit in the best to their environments do. Blacks need to make a better effort to fit in rather than they aren't being accepted as they specifically choose not to then about it with ty movements.

I will not apologize for not taking seriously someone who lives like a slob with trash everywhere ing that I didn't put a plate in the sink promptly enough. Stop living like a in slob first then I'll listen to you about being tidy myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, again you come up with yet another false analogy with obesity/suicides. Black Lives Matter is a self explanatory movement that focuses on some of the most minor sources of black deaths rather than by far the most major one (themselves). And thus, it always comes off as disingenuous.

A proper obesity analogy would be a grossly overweight man who eats trash 24/7 ing about someone making him fat by putting an extra sugar in his coffee each morning. Rather than take responsibility for being fat because of his own actions, he blames the minor others did to contribute to it. A lack of responsibility and passive aggressively diverting attention and blame elsewhere. I dislike anybody who does like that and BLM is no exception.

If blacks want cops to stop shooting them, perhaps taking responsibility for the fact their race commits more crime per capita and acts the loudest and most aggressive while openly being hostile towards police and making a movement to change their own ing behavior to fit into society more civilly would yield better results than to about people reacting to it in a completely logical manner (being more apprehensive around them when they're being arrested for crimes or stopped by police).

Take some ing responsibility by speaking to black communities about getting their together first. If AFTER they do that and there is a noticeable change, and cops are acting the same, then BLM would have a point and I would say nothing negative about it. "Survival of the fittest". Ever hear of that? It doesn't mean "only the strong survive", it means those that fit in the best to their environments do. Blacks need to make a better effort to fit in rather than they aren't being accepted as they specifically choose not to then about it with ty movements.

I will not apologize for not taking seriously someone who lives like a slob with trash everywhere ing that I didn't put a plate in the sink promptly enough. Stop living like a in slob first then I'll listen to you about being tidy myself.
    There's nothing false or disingenuous about it. I don't know nor care what's your beef with BLM, but police brutality doesn't start nor end with them, much like racism doesn't start nor ends with the KKK, or gay talk doesn't start or ends with Adam Silver, etc.

You can absolutely have a conversation about police brutality without bringing up different stuff like BLM, black on black crime, etc. When you do that, what it really means is that you don't want to talk about it, period. There no need to make excuses.

Thread Information