Page 206 of 376 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 9386
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inside XBox right now is such a show. A bunch of ing cutscene trailers that don't show anything interesting about what the games actually look like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Yakuza Like a Dragon will be a launch le. Freaking weird seeing it called Yakuza Like a Dragon though since the entire series is called 龍が如く = Like a Dragon and not Yakuza over in Japan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched some youtube videos and it seems like one of the DLCs is more of an ending than the core game is, with some ties to other AC games. Which is weird also, the main storyline is almost a side note... Alexio/Kassandra trying to reunite his/her family and rid Greece of the cult threat. Anything having to do with the overall AC lore or the Isu is only in DLC or optional content.
    DLC straight up has a new "Cultist" menu with virtually the same mechanic with a different group called "Order of the Ancient"

even with the DLC, this game is quan y over quality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DLC straight up has a new "Cultist" menu with virtually the same mechanic with a different group called "Order of the Ancient"

even with the DLC, this game is quan y over quality
    It was a fun time waster and all... but I think I'm going to go back to ignoring the AC series. The reasons I enjoyed the early AC games are no longer there or have been played out, and there are far better open world games out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a fun time waster and all... but I think I'm going to go back to ignoring the AC series. The reasons I enjoyed the early AC games are no longer there or have been played out, and there are far better open world games out there.
    im this far in, going to go ahead and complete the DLC... but yeah i'm with you. i have too much of a backlog to justify playing another AC game if they are just going to be time eaters. i still have Skyrim and Witcher 3 on my backlog, among other things

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im this far in, going to go ahead and complete the DLC... but yeah i'm with you. i have too much of a backlog to justify playing another AC game if they are just going to be time eaters. i still have Skyrim and Witcher 3 on my backlog, among other things
    Hope you have a free year for Witcher 3.

I'm both looking forward to and dreading Cyberpunk. I stop doing anything productive when I get into these big ass games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two longest games I have ever played

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope you have a free year for Witcher 3.

I'm both looking forward to and dreading Cyberpunk. I stop doing anything productive when I get into these big ass games.
    I'm not going to play Cyberpunk until there is a next gen version with raytracing, hopefully in 2021. Because there is still good stuff to play this year but 2021 and 2022 are probably going to be ty gaming years since the first couple of years in a new generation usually are. So one of those can be the year of Cyberpunk for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to play Cyberpunk until there is a next gen version with raytracing, hopefully in 2021. Because there is still good stuff to play this year but 2021 and 2022 are probably going to be ty gaming years since the first couple of years in a new generation usually are. So one of those can be the year of Cyberpunk for me.
    the year of skyrim and witcher 3 for me maybe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I might do the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the year of skyrim and witcher 3 for me maybe
    So what are your backlog power rankings right now? I think my Top 5 goes:

1. Yakuza 4 on PS4
    2. ペルソナ5スクランブル・ザファントムストライカーズ on Switch (no English localization even announced yet )
    3. Yakuza 5 on PS4
    4. Kingdom Hearts on PS4
    5. Drakengard 3 on PS3

Might end up waiting for PS5 to play Spiderman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what are your backlog power rankings right now? I think my Top 5 goes:

1. Yakuza 4 on PS4
    2. ペルソナ5スクランブル・ザファントムストライカーズ on Switch (no English localization even announced yet )
    3. Yakuza 5 on PS4
    4. Kingdom Hearts on PS4
    5. Drakengard 3 on PS3

Might end up waiting for PS5 to play Spiderman.
    you're going to play P5 again before playing Spiderman? bruh

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow, Gears Tactics didn't even try. It's just the missions, there's nothing else to it.
    This is less than an expansion of XCOM, this would be a side story DLC of XCOM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i still dont know what order i'm going to approach my backlog...

BioShock Collection (likely staggered between bigger games)
    Witcher 3
    Dark Souls 2
    Dying Light
    Yakuzo 0
    Skyrim
    Nioh
    Metal Gear Solid V
    Dark Souls 3
    Fallout 4

baseline bum is there any concern about Skyrim being so dated that i should try playing it before the other les, or do you think it will hold up? i thought Dark Souls: Remastered held up quite well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ペルソナ5スクランブル・ザファントムストライカーズ is a different game, it's an action game that is a sequel to the original Persona 5. Kind of like a Dynasty Warriors kind of game but in the Persona 5 universe. I played the demo and it was surprisingly awesome. Usually the Persona spinoffs are pretty boring like the Arena series and Dancing series. Only problem is my Japanese is nowhere even close to fluent so I can only really understand about half the sentences in it.

Spiderman I'm thinking I have waited this long anyways and hopefully it'll get a 60 fps patch to go along with the load times being zeroed out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ペルソナ5スクランブル・ザファントムストライカーズ is a different game, it's an action game that is a sequel to the original Persona 5. Kind of like a Dynasty Warriors kind of game but in the Persona 5 universe. I played the demo and it was surprisingly awesome. Usually the Persona spinoffs are pretty boring like the Arena series and Dancing series. Only problem is my Japanese is nowhere even close to fluent so I can only really understand about half the sentences in it.

Spiderman I'm thinking I have waited this long anyways and hopefully it'll get a 60 fps patch to go along with the load times being zeroed out.
    spiderman isn't a very long and laborious game. shouldnt take anything more than 25-30 hours and is one of the best games on the console

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Witcher 3
    Dark Souls 2
    Dying Light
    Yakuzo 0
    Skyrim
    Nioh
    Metal Gear Solid V
    Dark Souls 3
    Fallout 4

baseline bum is there any concern about Skyrim being so dated that i should try playing it before the other les, or do you think it will hold up? i thought Dark Souls: Remastered held up quite well
    Skyrim is kind of a tough call, but I think you'll like it since you're a graphics nut. It looks old for sure, but I'll take art style and environment over graphical fidelity any day, and Skyrim is a beauitfully designed world. Sometimes I would just like to go climb mountains and see the world instead of fighting . I don't think it has aged as well as Dark Souls and it's not even in the same universe for combat. Combat is like medievil Fallout without VATS and focused mostly on close combat (though you can be an archer too, I usually am). As well as magic. But the environent is really immersive, the story is awesome, and the music is great too. I think it's a really impressive world that's the real star of the show.

It's funny, Bioshock is even older, but Bioshock's graphics absolutely hold up today 13 years later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skyrim is kind of a tough call, but I think you'll like it since you're a graphics nut. It looks old for sure, but I'll take art style and environment over graphical fidelity any day, and Skyrim is a beauitfully designed world. Sometimes I would just like to go climb mountains and see the world instead of fighting . I don't think it has aged as well as Dark Souls and it's not even in the same universe for combat. Combat is like medievil Fallout without VATS and focused mostly on close combat (though you can be an archer too, I usually am). As well as magic. But the environent is really immersive, the story is awesome, and the music is great too. I think it's a really impressive world that's the real star of the show.

It's funny, Bioshock is even older, but Bioshock's graphics absolutely hold up today 13 years later.
    bioshock is also not nearly as ambitious in scope, as far as i'm aware, so its easier to make a neat, pretty game if its all scripted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bioshock is also not nearly as ambitious in scope, as far as i'm aware, so its easier to make a neat, pretty game if its all scripted
    Still, pretty ing impressive considering it was an early last-gen game. Bioshock's lighting really helps it here. It's such a dark game but I couldn't imagine it working nearly as well any other way. Bioshock Infinite is a much brighter game but I think the graphics hold up on it too. Infinite was a little beyond the capabilities of the 360 and PS3 though considering how much they had to dumb down textures. Should definitely be awesome on PS4 considering how easy it was to run on PC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought the collection myself, it was only like $15. I need to play it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inside XBox right now is such a show. A bunch of ing cutscene trailers that don't show anything interesting about what the games actually look like.
    Is that where this Valhalla trailer came from? It's labeled as a "gameplay" trailer, but has zero shots of actual gameplay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dis has spiderman in a backlog?

baseline bum

You enjoyed Ratchet and Clank, I can tell you spiderman better. I recall you saying you enjoyed R&C weapon system or something to that nature and spiderman borrows from R&C in that area.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Witcher 3
    Dark Souls 2
    Dying Light
    Yakuzo 0
    Skyrim
    Nioh
    Metal Gear Solid V
    Dark Souls 3
    Fallout 4

Put Yakuza 0 fist. It was designed for ps3. You dont want to play it in 2023 when you own a ps5.

Yakuza 0 is really like a masterpiece netflix series though. Once you get to a certain chapter you just wanna finish it ...but baseline bum told me i missed out because i only focused on narrative..

I heard all the other yakuzas don't even come close to yakuza 0 narrative, writing, acting so i never bothered with the other yakuza games...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put Yakuza 0 fist. It was designed for ps3. You dont want to play it in 2023 when you own a ps5.

Yakuza 0 is really like a masterpiece netflix series though. Once you get to a certain chapter you just wanna finish it ...but baseline bum told me i missed out because i only focused on narrative..

I heard all the other yakuzas don't even come close to yakuza 0 narrative, writing, acting so i never bothered with the other yakuza games...
    Yakuza Kiwami and Kiwami 2 are pretty good stories too. They both focus on the rise of characters from 0 and Kiwami 2 even has a nice story with one of the other characters from 0. 3 is kind of weak on story, but then 3 is kind of weak on everything relative to the rest of the series I have played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dis has spiderman in a backlog?

@

You enjoyed Ratchet and Clank, I can tell you spiderman better. I recall you saying you enjoyed R&C weapon system or something to that nature and spiderman borrows from R&C in that area.
    I have been studying Japanese for a year so playing Japanese games with Japanese voices (and Japanese text when I can) is an easy way to put some study hours in while playing . One of the reasons I'm really interested in doing so is there are two Yakuza samurai games (龍が如く見参 and 龍が如く維新) that are supposed to be incredible but will never get localization outside of Japan. They take characters like Kiryu, Majima, Ryudo, and so on and put them in the time of the Meiji Restoration and they're badass samurai brawlers that play like the mainline Yakuza games in the same engines.

Here is 龍が如く維新!(Like a Dragon: Restoration)

Last edited by baseline bum; 05-08-2020 at 02:06 AM.

Thread Information