Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man that's just magnificent to watch now, years later. Funny to think how badly i hated him as a 12 year old.
    The three games I always think of for Kobe vs the Spurs are this one, Game 4 in 04 when I think he dropped like 45 on Bruce Bowen (who the ever dropped 40+ on Bruce?), and then him going supernova I think late in the third quarter of Game 1 of the 08 WCF to erase a 20 point lead in no time like it was nothing. Sad that I'll never get to hear an old Kobe Bryant talk about those ridiculous performances against such elite defenses. I was always hoping to see Kobe and Tim just discussing their rivalry on ESPN one day in a 30 for 30 special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you can't play this game until Kobe's burial when Laker fans can finally say goodbye. Hope you can start enjoying the season again at some point though. At least enjoy this clip man. Probably the greatest game I have ever seen anyone have against the Spurs, and I have been watching them since the tail end of Ice's career.

I got so used to old bald Manu, for a microsecond I thought that was him taking that charge against Kobe in that second highlight.

Danny Ferry

Manu never played in the Alamodome.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm not going to lie, I ing hated him in that era. And I think Kobe was thrilled with how much Spurs fans hated him. Used to make my blood boil when he'd get y before a game and talk about how much he loved playing in the Alamodome. And yet he was always one of my favorite players in the game to watch, especially living in LA and getting to see that ridiculous run they went on in the first half of the 00s every night on KCAL or Fox Sports West. Now that he's gone I can't really use the schtick I trolled Lakers fans here for years with about him being just another role player to Shaq when he's really the guy who murdered the Spurs for years. But yeah you couldn't be a basketball fan and not enjoy watching the man play, even when it's against your team.
    ever since I started watching basketball in 2001 or so, there wasn't anybody even close to Kobe in terms of who scared me the most as an opponent taking the final shot late in the game. Although Curry could've possibly been up there too if the Mavs were actually relevant during the Warriors run. Kobe had so many games against Dallas in the regular season where he would put it away damm near every time in the 4th quarter like clockwork. I'll never forget watching live that wild comeback they had against us in 2002. Even in the 2011 playoff series, I remember he missed a game winning three point shot that was halfway down before rimming out in Game 1. All of us Mavs' fans had our a$$es clinched when that ball was in the air probably figuring it was gonna go in. I truly think if that shot went in, it would've been backbreaking enough for Dallas to lose the series instead of the sweep

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to lie, I ing hated him in that era. And I think Kobe was thrilled with how much Spurs fans hated him. Used to make my blood boil when he'd get y before a game and talk about how much he loved playing in the Alamodome. And yet he was always one of my favorite players in the game to watch, especially living in LA and getting to see that ridiculous run they went on in the first half of the 00s every night on KCAL or Fox Sports West. Now that he's gone I can't really use the schtick I trolled Lakers fans here for years with about him being just another role player to Shaq when he's really the guy who murdered the Spurs for years. But yeah you couldn't be a basketball fan and not enjoy watching the man play, even when it's against your team.
    Absolutely I agree he did get off at getting underneath the skin of Spur fans. The worst part was when he hit a big shot, or had a great game against the Spurs and he would talk a lot trash along with taunting Spur players. That always drove me nuts. I remember at times just wanting to jump through the TV and punch his smug face. Objectively if you weren't a Spur fan it was fun to see but it was being a spur fan when he had big games and big moments against the Spurs.

Go to 22:22 just to see the typical smugness he had against the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ever since I started watching basketball in 2001 or so, there wasn't anybody even close to Kobe in terms of who scared me the most as an opponent taking the final shot late in the game. Although Curry could've possibly been up there too if the Mavs were actually relevant during the Warriors run. Kobe had so many games against Dallas in the regular season where he would put it away damm near every time in the 4th quarter like clockwork. I'll never forget watching live that wild comeback they had against us in 2002. Even in the 2011 playoff series, I remember he missed a game winning three point shot that was halfway down before rimming out in Game 1. All of us Mavs' fans had our a$$es clinched when that ball was in the air probably figuring it was gonna go in. I truly think if that shot went in, it would've been backbreaking enough for Dallas to lose the series instead of the sweep
    Yeah I was floored when Kobe missed that three. Same feeling I got watching Bird miss that three at the buzzer in Game 4 of the 1987 Finals. Both of those I thought were good the second they left each's hand. But I don't think there was any stopping that 11 Mavs team short of injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely I agree he did get off at getting underneath the skin of Spur fans. The worst part was when he hit a big shot, or had a great game against the Spurs and he would talk a lot trash along with taunting Spur players. That always drove me nuts. I remember at times just wanting to jump through the TV and punch his smug face. Objectively if you weren't a Spur fan it was fun to see but it was being a spur fan when he had big games and big moments against the Spurs.

Ah man that Game 2. Phil Jackson getting ejected and walking all the way across the court to leave while shooting death stares at his team. I can't believe that's not a more iconic moment than it is, because they kicked it into a new gear as soon as Jackson challenged them like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah man that Game 2. Phil Jackson getting ejected and walking all the way across the court to leave while shooting death stares at his team. I can't believe that's not a more iconic moment than it is, because they kicked it into a new gear as soon as Jackson challenged them like that.
    I was in hschool watching that game and thinking when the Spurs went up by double digits that they were going to easily win that game. Duncan was killing it and just straight up owning the Lakers but it went downhill after halftime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget the hacking the Lakers were always allowed to get away with in the 4th qtr. Phil knew the Lakers are the marquee franchise and would always be allowed to get with away with a little here, a little there. He always had them ramp up the physicality in the 4th knowing they’d get a long extra leash.

That was a big reason it was so hard to bury them if you were ahead, or catch up if you were behind, or make the one big play.

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    this is the worst. I keep thinking maybe the universe made a mistake and can change it's mind.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

I actually watched this whole DVD when I was younger and remember thinking what a Fox was during the whole video. Acting all arrogant like that when he was just riding the coattails of Shaq/Kobe. Literally every championship team has some role player like that who takes himself way too seriously

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually watched this whole DVD when I was younger and remember thinking what a Fox was during the whole video. Acting all arrogant like that when he was just riding the coattails of Shaq/Kobe. Literally every championship team has some role player like that who takes himself way too seriously
    I remember Rick Fox being all up in Danny Ferry's and Terry Porter's that series and keeping them from getting the kind of open three point looks they were living off the first two rounds, while still being able to give help on Duncan down low. I remember being pretty impressed by his motor that series. But god he looked washed up by 2001-02.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah I was floored when Kobe missed that three. Same feeling I got watching Bird miss that three at the buzzer in Game 4 of the 1987 Finals. Both of those I thought were good the second they left each's hand. But I don't think there was any stopping that 11 Mavs team short of injury.

I guess we'll never know, but that series was a big turning point for the Mavericks franchise. The Lakers were two time champs and the Mavs were the perennial chokers. If that shot goes in, I don't think the Mavs are able to mentally overcome it. It wasn't until after that series that anybody (including myself) even had them as a possible contender, everyone assumed LA would steamroll them. Games 1-3 were still fairly compe ive until LA quit and melted down in Game 4. Would've been interesting to see the Mavs vs Spurs in the 11 playoffs though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but his acting in movies was superb tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we'll never know, but that series was a big turning point for the Mavericks franchise. The Lakers were two time champs and the Mavs were the perennial chokers. If that shot goes in, I don't think the Mavs are able to mentally overcome it. It wasn't until after that series that anybody (including myself) even had them as a possible contender, everyone assumed LA would steamroll them. Games 1-3 were still fairly compe ive until LA quit and melted down in Game 4. Would've been interesting to see the Mavs vs Spurs in the 11 playoffs though
    11 Mavs would have killed the 11 Spurs. Five games max. That 11 Spurs team's record came from starting the season as hot as any Spurs team ever but they were out of gas by mid March. I think the only WC team they would have won a series against that year was New Orleans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And man I actually have that DVD.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but his acting in movies was superb tho.
    Random, but I just got done watching him do coke with Frank on Shameless.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still surreal, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    32:43 You'd think that game was on Fox's shoulders.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Wolves trolled kobe and the lakers by situating the ball at the free throw line for 8 seconds to take a violation.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Friggin’ pilot error man... dumb ass flew low into fog, misread his instruments, became disoriented and smashed into a mountainside. He should have never put those people in danger like that. He could have landed in Van Nuys. Extremely unprofessional. That idiot pilot destroyed 3 families.

Just outrageous.
    Yes the pilot's estate should definitely be sued up the gazoo, not so much by billionaire Vanessa but by the family of the other two little girls.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    y’all seem that kobe short film? not gonna lie, i shed man tears on that today.

no wonder it won oscars ffs. kobe’s hof speech, posthumously

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes the pilot's estate should definitely be sued up the gazoo, not so much by billionaire Vanessa but by the family of the other two little girls.
    Yup, the pilot is going to get the blame for this whole trajedy when it should be kobe's also. Kobe for possibly being stubborn and pressuring his pilot to fly, and him for listening to him when he should of trusted his professional judgement. You'll actually think pilots love to fly in ty conditions? Most of the time when there up there is because they have a job to do or are following orders by people who don't really understand the risks.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yup, the pilot is going to get the blame for this whole trajedy when it should be kobe's also. Kobe for possibly being stubborn and pressuring his pilot to fly, and him for listening to him when he should of trusted his professional judgement. You'll actually think pilots love to fly in ty conditions? Most of the time when there up there is because they have a job to do or are following orders by people who don't really understand the risks.
    There’s absolutely no evidence Kobe “pressured” the pilot to fly, that’s completely made up speculation.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Andrew Wiggins of T-wolves places basketball at the free throw line where Kobe surpassed Jordan in career points for the 8 second backcourt violation. Pretty cool.

UConn women's team places jersey and flowers on a chair at their bench for GiGi. *tear

Thread Information