My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Judge Amy Jackson just ordered Mueller’s office to file the sentence memo of Manafort on a public docket. Seems like they filed it under seal last night with potentially lots of redactions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "though it is possible that he was introduced to Kilimnik, the President has no recollection of it."
    Translation: Trump met Kilimnik and remembers the meeting well enough to lie about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Analysis: False Mueller Report Rumors Show Barr is Not Playing Trump’s Game

So what’s going on here, and why has the Mueller report been delayed?

The simple answer seems to be tha
    t there is much more investigating to still to be done by Mueller’s team.

And Bill Barr is not going to try to pressure the special counsel

to release his report prematurely, even if that is what Donald Trump wants him to do.

on where the investigation stands, former U.S. Attorneys and legal observers see many loose ends that don’t appear to be near to being tied up.

The report states:

“Predictions for when special counsel Robert S. Mueller III will deliver his much-anticipated report to the attorney general have yo-yoed between days and weeks.

Two things are more definitive:

In January, Mueller extended the grand jury for an additional six months, and

many pieces of the probe will continue well past its conclusion, be it two weeks or two months from now.”

“Certain things can’t be wrapped up yet.”

“There are uncharged crimes,

outstanding subpoenas,

pending cooperation agreements and

unresolved, possibly sealed cases, he said,

which would seem to be snipped in the middle if Mueller’s report was issued imminently.”

“Flynn’s deal strongly implies there is more to come from Mueller.

The [Flynn sentencing] memo, with its many redactions, tells us

something significant and important is coming, even though we don’t know exactly what it is.”

Mueller has been farming out “cases to other prosecutors’ offices for months:

Washington attorney Gregory Craig and Michael Cohen were sent to the Southern District of New York for federal prosecutors to handle.”

“He [Mueller] could file charges or unseal a large number of indictments at the close of the investigation,

then let the Department of Justice prosecute them,”

“Their powers and scope go well beyond Mr. Mueller’s cir scribed mandate.

So whenever Mr. Mueller turns in his report, do not assume that things are over.”

source “people familiar with the plans.”

... an indication that the information was given to (leaked) to CNN

from someone within the administration.

And it is very likely that it was done intentionally, in an attempt to prematurely end the Mueller investigation.

it won’t be over any time soon.

whatever game Trump is trying to play, his new attorney general, William Barr, is not playing along.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/02/23/analysis-false-mueller-report-rumors-show-barr-is-not-playing-trumps-game.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&ut m_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politicu s+USA+%29

Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-23-2019 at 02:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emptywheel sketches out a possible quid pro quo in the "mystery litigant" case:

Consider: There is significant evidence to believe that a foreign country — Russia — bribed Trump to give them sanctions relief by floating a $300 million business deal. There is also evidence that, after a series of back channel meetings we know Zainab Ahmed was investigating, such funds may have come through a Middle Eastern proxy, like Qatar. There is not just evidence that Qatar did provide funds no one in their right mind would have provided to the President’s family, in the form of a bailout to Jared Kushner’s albatross investment in 666 Fifth Avenue. But they’re already laying the groundworkto claim they accidentally bailed him out, without realizing what they were doing.

So if Russia paid off a bribe to Trump via Qatar, and Qatar is trying to hide that fact by claiming Qatar Investment Authority is a foreign government that can only be regulated in this country by sanctions imposed by the guy who is trading sanctions to get rich … well, you can see why that’s a non-starter.
    Marcy Wheeler also thinks the government, having seen the evidence, is starting to sweat:

I’m sure I understand only a fraction of the significance that just Francisco signed the brief. But two things I do understand: One, Francisco is giving this argument a great deal of weight with SCOTUS, signaling the import of winning this argument.

Additionally, however, it means he stands as a shield for Mueller’s work on this appeal. If Trump wants to retaliate against DOJ for exposing the payoff to a quid pro quo, the President is going to have to fire another Senate-confirmed officer to do it, and fire one against whom he hasn’t laid a claim of partisanship. As I’ve already noted, by dint of this company being a foreign company, Mueller likely already knows what he’s getting via SIGINT. This subpoena is likely significantly an attempt to parallel construct evidence for use at trial. And the brief seems to make it clear that Mueller suspects some US citizen used this foreign-owned corporation to shield his own criminal behavior.

Which might explain why Francisco sees the need and import of shielding Mueller in this step.
    https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/02/2...ery-appellant/
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-23-2019 at 02:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ more tidbits in the comments section

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judge Amy Jackson just ordered Mueller’s office to file the sentence memo of Manafort on a public docket. Seems like they filed it under seal last night with potentially lots of redactions.
    Any info on when this would be released - any specific time frame ordered by the judge?

I'm sure the redactions will unfortunately stay - but there should still be a lot of incriminating evidence revealed.

I knew the report was not imminent.

Trump needs to either be subpoenaed or indicted - even if DOJ "policy" says no - someone needs to file a suit to force the issue -

If this was Obama - you know goddamn well they would have FORCED THE BLACK president to testify under oath.

Someone with balls needs to file suit to force this issue.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Spurs Homer

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    djohn and Spurs Homer are seemingly pot committed to Russia, studiously ignoring all Israel/Saudi/Qatar/Turkey angles.

all Russia, all the time.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    djohn and Spurs Homer are seemingly pot committed to Russia, studiously ignoring all Israel/Saudi/Qatar/Turkey angles.

Shut the up. You literally brought up Russia after complaining about it being brought up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I brought it up as a comment on y'all's blinkered view of DJT's panoply of corrupt dealings.

It's an open thread, I'll post whatever I like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must've touched a nerve.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I brought it up as a comment on y'all's blinkered view of DJT's panoply of corrupt dealings.

It's an open thread, I'll post whatever I like.
    The Saudi angle has actually been posted many times in multiple threads but as usual you aren’t aware of much. Except defending Julian Assange. Says much about you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    according to you, how did I defend Assange and what does it say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    instead of predigested takes in tweets, help yourself to the actual Manafort sentencing doc here:

https://assets.do entcloud.org/doc...g-USA-Main.pdf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    over 800 pages of attachments are redacted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bottom line: right reserved to ask for up to 46 years in the jug for Manafort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ more tidbits in the comments section
    your tidbits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salty!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What?

I could give a if it is Qatar, Saudis or Israel or Russia -

what I care about is that criminals get prosecuted. Trump is a criminal running a criminal enterprise and Mueller and the FBI can use the RICO law to prosecute criminals in this criminal enterprise all the way up to the criminal in chief.

Regardless how many countries Trump was accepting bribes from - Russia or others - matters not.

I don't know where you got your misinformation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my information is easily checked, I post all my links

Thread Information