Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which Einstein disproved. Newton said it was a force. Einstein's theory that it is just the shortest path on curved space time has been proven both mutually exclusive and correct.
    Well, yes, but Newton’s gravitational law is still valid within a domain (ie: still widely applied since it fulfills it’s purpose as long as you know what’s being calculated). As you correctly point out, general relativity explained the divergences in specific cases and works in the general case, as a pseudo-force.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lindsey Graham Says White House Told Him To ‘Please’ Block Armenian Genocide Resolution

Graham blocked the measure

shortly after meeting with President Trump and Turkish leader Erdoğan,

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lindsey-graham-armenian-genocide-resolution-white-house_n_5ddb4bc0e4b00149f71ef8b5?ri18n=true&ncid=n ewsltushpmgnews

Trash pandering to Erdogan to protect his Turkish businesses.

Dead Kurds less important than Trash's businesses.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's astounding how countries like Turkey and Japan are so butthurt about their governments' past actions. Just look at Germany. All is largely forgiven now that they owned that . It certainly isn't a big sticking point in it's international relations anymore.
    Without being that familiar with turkey and Armenia, I'd wager it's not all Turks that are in denial or butthurt as you put it, but mostly the elites that made those decisions at the time. And the reason they defend those indefensible positions so fervently is because recognizing the consensus view would mean they ed up bad, got away with it, and shouldn't be making those decisions anymore- the us (elite) is notable in size and not immune to this behavior. Here with Pinochet we've been trapped in this discussion for nearly 50 years (and with the mapuche for hundreds), and even with the current crisis denial is still strong on both fronts. Much like environmental costs of business projects, the social, civic cost of coups is never properly calculated by the perpetrators.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But now basically if Donald Trump says ‘hey come over and shave my back,’ Lindsey’s going to be there.
    https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...g-to-be-there/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without being that familiar with turkey and Armenia, I'd wager it's not all Turks that are in denial or butthurt as you put it, but mostly the elites that made those decisions at the time. And the reason they defend those indefensible positions so fervently is because recognizing the consensus view would mean they ed up bad, got away with it, and shouldn't be making those decisions anymore- the us (elite) is notable in size and not immune to this behavior. Here with Pinochet we've been trapped in this discussion for nearly 50 years (and with the mapuche for hundreds), and even with the current crisis denial is still strong on both fronts. Much like environmental costs of business projects, the social, civic cost of coups is never properly calculated by the perpetrators.
    Never admit.

Never, never admit it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate followed suit after multiple attempts to bring it to a vote had previously been thwarted by republican senators at the bequest of the white house... but this time passed unanimously. nice to see them act on their accord and not simply be vessels for potus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/4410046002/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash is a spineless, gutless, brainless chicken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supine to Turkey. Again.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One can deny or question the Armenian genocide, the native American genocide, the communist regime genocides, etc... but the moment someone questions or denies the holocaust "oh you're a racist antisemite white supremacist holocaust denier! Shut him down!!!"

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One can deny or question the Armenian genocide, the native American genocide, the communist regime genocides, etc... but the moment someone questions or denies the holocaust "oh you're a racist antisemite white supremacist holocaust denier! Shut him down!!!"

Do you deny the Holocaust?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supine to Turkey. Again.
    Did anybody mention yet that Trump has a development project in Turkey?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Towers_Istanbul

That seems important.

Right CosmicCowboy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Screening anti-Kurd State agitprop at the White House was another appalling moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We did it boys

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "NATO" fascist Turkey is friendlier to Pootin than to the rest of NATO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So strange that relatively ancient genocide denial exists with the clear contrasting examples of Germany and Japan to guide such decisions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US House overwhelmingly votes to recognize Armenian genocide

The US House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly on Tuesday to recognize the Armenian genocide of a century ago, stepping into a fraught historical debate at a particularly tense moment for the US-Turkey relationship.
    The House voted 405-11 in favor of the resolution, which is not legally binding, to formally recognize the systematic killing of an estimated 1.5 million Armenians under the Ottoman Empire in 1915, modern-day Turkey, as a “genocide”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...enian-genocide
    +1

Thread Information