Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats in it for them

same thing everyone says when they have to pay taxes for schools and roads. We live in a society of nice things that cost money to construct and maintain. Nothing is free. Not having to watch people starve on street corners while you complain about the homeless problem/watch your parents die from neglectful doctors and not afford their medications is something everyone should address, as everyone will benefit at some time or another. But no, yolo it up.
    What many miss, is that word "society". A group of people.

There is an interconnected-ness that seems to be hard for some ideologies to comprehend.

You have an interest in my children, just as I have an interest in yours, or that bridge somewhere that I may never personally drive across, but across which someone I hire may drive, or some product I buy may drive.

Further, you have to ask yourself, even if you want to blame poor people for being poor, despite the science that shows poverty causes poor decisions, and not vice versa, whether you would seek to punish their children for their bad decisions.

I personally would not. I know what the science says. I understand economics.

People are an ASSET, not a cost. Invest in that asset, with health care to keep them healthy, and an education to make them productive, and you get a return on that investment.

That is my biggest problem with modern conservatism. It is mindlessly judgmental, and wasteful of people. No small core of this is religious, with the concept that "all people start as depraved from original sin" poisoning the entire ideology, whether consciously or not for many.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There will be people brought up under the best cir stances who will turn into total flunkies who dont give a about anything.
    There will be people brought up under the worst cir stances who will turn into the most wonderful contributors to our democracy and all the benefits that go with it.

And some of us will look for these examples and call them the norm, or say, see its possible, not what is probable.

We know the recipe for making people more likely not to give a about anything and therefore have no skins in the game and nothing to lose. So they wont play by the rules that benefit the majority, rules that attempt to create some degree of fairness even though we all know its impossible to achieve. At least make the attempt to strive for some sort of fairness for every individual. (No I dont believe in monetary reparations for people who had great, great grandparents treated in a horribly unfair manner. But I do understand why they might feel that they might never be a full member of a society that treated their relatives in an inhumane manner)

Why does Darrin feel he has skins in the game?
    How come Darrin does care about fulfilling goals and working hard to accomplish this?
    You think out loud, ask yourself rhetorical questions then answer them.. and you expect anyone here to follow?

Good luck escaping that mental spider's web.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dems were talking impeachment before he ever set foot in office.
    Some were indeed.

Some in the Trump party were talking impeachment of Hillary in the same time period. Benghazi and butter emails for four years.

I have little doubt that the Democratic nominee, whoever that is, will face the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What many miss, is that word "society". A group of people.

There is an interconnected-ness that seems to be hard for some ideologies to comprehend.

You have an interest in my children, just as I have an interest in yours, or that bridge somewhere that I may never personally drive across, but across which someone I hire may drive, or some product I buy may drive.

Further, you have to ask yourself, even if you want to blame poor people for being poor, despite the science that shows poverty causes poor decisions, and not vice versa, whether you would seek to punish their children for their bad decisions.

I personally would not. I know what the science says. I understand economics.

People are an ASSET, not a cost. Invest in that asset, with health care to keep them healthy, and an education to make them productive, and you get a return on that investment.

That is my biggest problem with modern conservatism. It is mindlessly judgmental, and wasteful of people. No small core of this is religious, with the concept that "all people start as depraved from original sin" poisoning the entire ideology, whether consciously or not for many.
    Many on the right don't feel they need you or anyone else on the left. I get it you think you need everyone, but that concept breeds lazy freeloaders who know you feel this way and are more than happy to latch onto your sense of responsibility so they can avoid giving any real effort to survive. They are basically fleas and ticks except fleas and ticks are, by nature, parasites. Your system doesn't allow discretion where that's concerned, everyone is valuable in that system. In reality, only those who provide are helpful. As long as those providing can compensate the social system for those who either cannot or will not provide, the system will be sustained, but what regulates that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Bernie would talk more about how along with his transition to Medicare for all, the government is also going to regulate the out of these insane prices that we see for pharmaceutical drugs and medical procedures...

Yeah Medicare for all is going to work because hospitals will not be allowed to charge $100,000 for a heart attack treatment or $100 for a pill of aspirin that I could get at HEB for a fraction of the price...

The reason healthcare is so expensive is because the criminal price gouging of medical goods and equipment. Medicare for All is farcical if they don't regulate the costs of the goods and meds.

Overloading a broken system with more people it can't handle is bad for the system and the medical professionals servicing the patients, sending 350 million into a system where the medical manufacturers can gouge even more people loaded with government money is leading pigs to slaughter. Sounds like a seedy Conservative scheme, honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some were indeed.

Some in the Trump party were talking impeachment of Hillary in the same time period. Benghazi and butter emails for four years.

I have little doubt that the Democratic nominee, whoever that is, will face the same.
    But Hillary wasn't impeached. It's indeed a coup attempt if the other side was planning all along to find a way to oust you regardless of the reason. The left would rather face Pence than Trump in the election.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many on the right don't feel they need you or anyone else on the left. I get it you think you need everyone, but that concept breeds lazy freeloaders who know you feel this way and are more than happy to latch onto your sense of responsibility so they can avoid giving any real effort to survive. They are basically fleas and ticks except fleas and ticks are, by nature, parasites. Your system doesn't allow discretion where that's concerned, everyone is valuable in that system. In reality, only those who provide are helpful. As long as those providing can compensate the social system for those who either cannot or will not provide, the system will be sustained, but what regulates that?
    "don't feel"

People who are, in fact, wrong about things "feel" they are right, just as much as people who are, in fact, right about things "feel" they are right. The best way to tell the difference between the two is evidence.

I know, based on studying economics, that people are interdependent. "feel" doesn't play into it.

That is why your ideology fails when applied to the real world. too many "feels" and not enough accurate modeling of reality.

you think you need everyone, but that concept breeds lazy freeloaders who know you feel this way and are more than happy to latch onto your sense of responsibility so they can avoid giving any real effort to survive.
    Quantify this to a reasonable degree, with peer reviewed evidence. If you can't, or won't, well that says all I need to know about what you "feel" is true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disagree

sure he has a good chance of dying soon

but hes our last hope for f saving the country and taking it back to the people

the income inequality is not only obscene but dangerous

its bernie or bust ma niga
    you're a lost cause...

Do you have to be a hobo living under a bridge to criticize capitalism?

Not rhetorical.
    i'm all for capitalism and always have been. think big, do big! sure, there's bad capitalists at the very top but capitalism is the only system that allows those with ideas/skills to prosper. being a soulless cog in the machine like communism.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think out loud, ask yourself rhetorical questions then answer them.. and you expect anyone here to follow?

Good luck escaping that mental spider's web.

Again, you walk into the middle of a movie and try to figure out what’s going on when you have no clue why I might address a certain poster who was NOT you.

And yes, you bet you will get crushed again. Remember how you measure the wind in Braille nature boy?
    I address you directly and that mouth will eventually shut. And no one else knows why but you and I.
    So don’t worry about your standing, only you and I know the score.
    And that score says you get into things in which you don’t know what the fck you are talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "don't feel"

People who are, in fact, wrong about things "feel" they are right, just as much as people who are, in fact, right about things "feel" they are right. The best way to tell the difference between the two is evidence.
    I know, based on studying economics, that people are interdependent. "feel" doesn't play into it.

That is why your ideology fails when applied to the real world. too many "feels" and not enough accurate modeling of reality.

Quantify this to a reasonable degree, with peer reviewed evidence. If you can't, or won't, well that says all I need to know about what you "feel" is true.
    How is anything you said relevant in any way to what I said? You basically went off the reservation about "feel".

So with your accurate modeling of reality (whatever the that means), who are your peers who are reviewing this evidence and what qualifies your peers as authorities on the matter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, you walk into the middle of a movie and try to figure out what’s going on when you have no clue why I might address a certain poster who was NOT you.

And yes, you bet you will get crushed again. Remember how you measure the wind in Braille nature boy?
    I address you directly and that mouth will eventually shut. And no one else knows why but you and I.
    So don’t worry about your standing, only you and I know the score.
    And that score says you get into things in which you don’t know what the fck you are talking about.

Shut the up you re ed dip . You're like a poor man's Avante.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut the up you re ed dip . You're like a poor man's Avante.
    The head hunter for PHDs in science has given his decree.
    What a load of BS.

Old man, you need to grow up and keep up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The head hunter for PHDs in science has given his decree.
    What a load of BS.

Old man, you need to grow up and keep up.
    You're a re . You seem to be suffering from some type of brain injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're a lost cause...

i'm all for capitalism and always have been. think big, do big! sure, there's bad capitalists at the very top but capitalism is the only system that allows those with ideas/skills to prosper. being a soulless cog in the machine like capitalism.
    Agree 100%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a re . You seem to be suffering from some type of brain injury.
    Thats right.
    End This now.
    Its best for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you agree with fake news... sounds about right. keep changing quotes to fit your bull narrative like a good little lefty!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so funny how you all believe a man who has had his hands tied behind his back with faux scandals and impeachments can get anything done while scrutinizing eyes from loony libs are on him 24/7.

yall are all ing nuts!
    boo the loony libs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boo the loony libs
    nah, just boo loony weak male feminists like yourself blaKKKe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ma niga Bernie pushing everyones in tonight

you gucks Bernie is da truff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you think you need everyone, but that concept breeds lazy freeloaders who know you feel this way and are more than happy to latch onto your sense of responsibility so they can avoid giving any real effort to survive.

How is anything you said relevant in any way to what I said? You basically went off the reservation about "feel".

So with your accurate modeling of reality (whatever the that means), who are your peers who are reviewing this evidence and what qualifies your peers as authorities on the matter?
    Not going to explain the concept of peer-review to you. Google is that way. ----------------->

You make a claim, and I called you on it. You slipped up and accidentally had a take in your rush to feel superior and judgy.

Not going to argue with "give people everything and some will abuse that system". Granted.

I want to know if it is a big enough problem to scrap social safety nets, as you seem to imply in your critique, i.e. "your ideology breeds".

My take:
    I fully expect you to run away. Defending ideas, having reasonable definitions, takes time and effort. You have never shown any proclivity towards having the sense of personal responsibility to defend anything.

Thread Information