Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1653
    Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re-post your outrage post about this same issue from 2008-2016.
    Families separating happens. Orange is making concentration camps you dumb .
    And then ing lying to the American People.

But plead fealty to this grotesque ing .
    Is the hill ya gots die on?
    Is that what’s happening?

Kind of diminishes actual concentration camps.
    No it doesn't. You got. Everyone has come out to denounce this deplorable . I'm not gonna name names. There's so ing many and from both spectrums and you try to diminish the outrage.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s just like Nazi Germany. Sorry joos.
    I have yet to see you outraged at this happening in the US of A.

Instead talking about semantics.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in here ya gots for not thinking these weren't concentration camps last ing year. DMC Chucho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made fun of you because you didn't know what genocide was. Meltdown fail.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made fun of you because you didn't know what genocide was. Meltdown fail.
    I'm still right on any points got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still right on any points got.

No. Not even close.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Border officials had to be forced into hospitalizing four toddlers that were dying on their watch

Attorneys made Border Patrol officials hospitalize four severely sick migrant toddlers—

including a “completely unresponsive” girl who was so sick that her “eyes were rolled back in her head”—

following a recent inspection of a detention facility in McAllen, Texas.

“The children, all under age 3 with teenage mothers or guardians, were feverish, coughing, vomiting and had diarrhea, immigration attorneys told HuffPost on Friday.

Some of the toddlers and infants were refusing to eat or drink.”

The children were hospitalized only because the attorneys,

who had been inspecting a number of border facilities as part of the Flores Agreement,

forced detention officials to do it;

and this is the same location where attorneys found that officials had been jailing another sick child,

a prematurely born one-month-old infant, and her 17-year-old mother for days.

They were released from the facility only because attorneys and advocates raised .

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1866903

They're all "subhuman " to CBP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelosi slapped less Trash, AGAIN!

"Whatever swayed the president, he also largely accommodated Pelosi’s requests from the call:

The House speaker asked Trump to publicly tweet he would halt the planned deportations, which Trump acquiesced to

By Saturday afternoon, Trump tweeted he would be delaying immigration raids for two weeks “at the request of Democrats,” and wait and see if Congress could come up with a bipartisan solution on asylum.

Pelosi quickly responded with her own tweet, saying, “Mr. President, delay is welcome. Time is needed for comprehensive immigration reform.”

Pelosi has a long history of calling Trump’s bluffs in one-on-one conversations with the president,

and Friday night’s call was no different. The looming question — as usual — is

whether Trump will go back on his word. Trash's word?

Case in point:

The president’s new demand for Congress on asylum law came out of the blue;

Pelosi and Trump didn’t discuss asylum law on their Friday night call,

https://www.vox.com/2019/6/24/18715490/congress-border-aid-negotiation-trump-pelosi

Trash doesn't even ing know what asylum is, or what asylum law, US and international, is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in here ya gots for not thinking these weren't concentration camps last ing year. DMC Chucho
    You obviously have no ing idea what a concentration camp is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You obviously have no ing idea what a concentration camp is.
    which definition works for you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At just 4 months old, he was the youngest victim of the Trump admin's family separation policy

The youngest child stolen from parents by the Trump administration was just four months,

Turned over to the Betsy DeVos-connected Bethany Christian Services to be placed into foster care, little Constantin Mutu would remain separated from his parents for five months.

“Now more than a year and a half old, the baby still can’t walk on his own, and has not spoken.”

dad Vasile continued on with Constantin to the family’s destination of the U.S. border, where he believed he had a better chance of reuniting. Instead, the worst happened when he encountered Border Patrol.

“I started crying because I didn’t know what to do,” he said when they took the baby. “I couldn’t speak English. I told them, ‘I don’t understand. Why?’”

Mutu “s
    till in detention, sank deeper into depression,” The New York Times continued.

“He couldn’t sleep and refused most of the food that he was offered … he cried so much that his cell mates started beating him to make him be quiet. He thought about committing suicide.”

he was told by immigration officials that if he dropped his asylum claim he would be deported with his child.

Plenty of other parents
    have also said that they were coerced into giving up their asylum claims as well.

Desperate, he reluctantly agreed, but

the officials had lied to him. When the plane carrying
    Mutu took off, Constantin was nowhere to be seen.

The boy had been sent to live with a foster family in Michigan through Bethany Christian Services, “which has long faced accusations of discriminating against LGBTQ couples and coercing parents into giving up babies for adoption,”

“Bethany has a massive reach, with an annual revenue of more than $98 million, millions of which comes from government-funded programs,
    tax filings show.”

The judge quickly ruled against her, questioning the idea

‘that the respondent should be responsible for making his own way back to Romania as an 8-month-old.’”

The next month, he was set to return to Romania.

“He was 9 months old and had spent the majority of his life in the custody of the United States government.”

He babbles and squeals, but as far as words go, she said, ‘He says absolutely nothing.’”

so much damage has already been done.

Cruel, intentional damage, at the hands of the United States government, that didn’t even spare a four-month-old child.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/6/17/1865352/-At-just-4-month-old-he-was-the-youngest-victim-of-the-Trump-admin-s-family-separation-policy?detail=emailLL

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former ICE Director Tears Trump To Shreds For Claiming Obama Separated Migrant Families

The man who previously ran the department Donald Trump is now using to separate thousands of migrant families tore the president to shreds on Tuesday for repeatedly lying about Barack Obama’s record on immigration.

former acting ICE Director John Sandweg said Trump’s claim that he ended family separation “categorically false.”

“There was no family separation under the Obama administration,” Sandweg said. “In fact, the policy was the exact opposite.”

Ari, that’s categorically false.

There was no family separation under the Obama administration.

In fact, the policy was the exact opposite.

Do everything we can to keep families together to the point where

we even paroled back into the United States parents so they could reclaim their children.

I don’t know why he keeps saying that.

It is categorically false.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/06...iticus+USA+%29

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wayfair employee walkout called over alleged furniture sales to U.S. migrant camp

Wayfair Inc came under pressure on Tuesday after hundreds of employees were reported to be planning a walkout over the retailer’s alleged sale of more than $200,000 in bedroom furniture for a Texas detention facility for migrant children.
    wayfairwalkout, created this month with a following of more than 13,000 including high-profile Democratic U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, called for the work stop on Wednesday.

It demanded that Wayfair stop selling to migrant detention camps and that it give profits, which they claim amount to $86,000, to a Texas-based non-profit agency offering legal services to immigrants.

The walkout, scheduled to take place on Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. ET in Boston’s Copley Square, is the latest example of employees protesting workplace social issues.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-wayfair/wayfair-employee-walkout-called-over-alleged-furniture-sales-to-u-s-migrant-camp-idUSKCN1TQ33C?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

===============

Aux Barricades Mes Enfants!

Time for the sans-culottes to rise up against Washington's insanity

http://www.unz.com/pgiraldi/aux-barricades-mes-enfants/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    House passes $4.5B border funding bill

The House passed a $4.5 billion border funding bill in a 230-195

vote on Tuesday after last-minute changes were made to the legislation to sway progressive and Latino lawmakers who previously weren’t on board.

The Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Humanitarian Assistance and Security at the Southern Border Act, which aims to provide humanitarian aid and address the flow of migrants,

faces a veto threat from the White House

and an uphill battle in the upper chamber,

which is slated to bring up its own border bill as soon as Tuesday.

An amendment to the just-passed bill, unveiled by the House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday morning, added provisions that would require Customs and Border Protection

to enact health standards for individuals in custody, including implementing standards for both adults and children

for “medical emergencies; nutrition, hygiene, and facilities; and personnel training.”

alert Congress when there is insufficient space at state-licensed facilities and

place a time limit on the amount of time unaccompanied minors can spend at an influx shelter.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/450215-house-passes-45b-border-funding-bill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congress fluidly alerting to immigration staffing/funding issues sounds like a recipe for the ins utionalization of more immigrant camps, just saying.

If Trump can scrounge up the money to hire the US Army to install concertina wire, he can scrounge up the change to treat his own detainees like human beings.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Sick of hearing about the migrants. My family & I waited 3 years to immigrate to America.

Time to enact Australian Policy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US military shut down Tornillo with a quickness, why so sheepish?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...o-camp-closing

Oh well, I guess we're breaking the ice again at Ft. Sill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sick of hearing about the migrants. My family & I waited 3 years to immigrate to America.

Time to enact Australian Policy.
    Your restraint is commendable, some people got more gumption, for reasons that may not be immediately clear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Political instability in Honduras in particular is not unrelated to fairly recent US foreign policy. This is one of my big beefs with HRC, backing Micheletti and his successors against Zelaya.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Your restraint is commendable, some people got more gumption, for reasons that may not be immediately clear.
    USA could import half of Mexico and more would continue coming.

The Mexican government will not invest resources into forcing their Southern migrants to remain.

Canada has drawn it's line and has for decades now - they prefer to test and then accept educated migrants from outside the Americas

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information