Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how did he bait you so easily?..Nono probably didn't even watch a second of that game
    Well he pops up once every 3 months nowadays,i don't want him to feel neglected whenever he decides to do his guest star troll cameo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about trolling. They just didn't watch the games.
    I know,but I did watch the games YGWHI! It was marvelous watching Nephew fail and lose homecourt like that,wouldn't you agree?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny did not "opt in." He was traded. He found out when he was told. His reaction was that he was "shocked."

You complain about revisionist history. Go look in the mirror.
    He most certainly did OPT IN to an additional year last summer, and because he did that, he was THEN traded by the Spurs. Try to keep up, short bus, and while you're at it, sharpen those comprehension skills. Opting in and being traded are not mutually exclusive events.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He most certainly did OPT IN to an additional year last summer, and because he did that, he was THEN traded by the Spurs. Try to keep up, short bus, and while you're at it, sharpen those comprehension skills. Opting in and being traded are not mutually exclusive events.
    Gosh, you're a stupid twit. You seriously don't have a brain cell to call your own.

You are actually arguing that the Spurs wouldn't have traded Danny if he had already left. And you think you're being clever.

Gosh, you're stupid. You just don't have anything going for you, do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gosh, you're a stupid twit. You seriously don't have a brain cell to call your own.

You are actually arguing that the Spurs wouldn't have traded Danny if he had already left. And you think you're being clever.

Gosh, you're stupid. You just don't have anything going for you, do you?
    You lack any critical or analytic thought. Saying that they traded him BECAUSE he opted in is NOT the same as saying they wouldn't have traded him if he left. They wouldn't have needed to, BECAUSE HE LEFT.

Let me explain this to you in terms that you might understand. OTOH, you're pretty ing dense.

1) The Spurs were done with him, and ready to move on. His play had slipped over a period of 3 years or so.
    2) He opted into his deal for this season before his deadline date last summer. Not what the Spurs wanted.
    3) Not wanting him any more, the Spurs included him in the Kawhi deal. If he hadn't opted in, it would have been either Patty or Pau.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lack any critical or analytic thought. Saying that they traded him BECAUSE he opted in is NOT the same as saying they wouldn't have traded him if he left. They wouldn't have needed to, BECAUSE HE LEFT.

Let me explain this to you in terms that you might understand. OTOH, you're pretty ing dense.

1) The Spurs were done with him, and ready to move on. His play had slipped over a period of 3 years or so.
    2) He opted into his deal for this season before his deadline date last summer. Not what the Spurs wanted.
    3) Not wanting him any more, the Spurs included him in the Kawhi deal. If he hadn't opted in, it would have been either Patty or Pau.
    Gosh, you're a moron. You have a head full of pillow stuffing.

Go back and look at how this started. Moron.

And then try again. And try to follow along. Moron.

There was no idea at the time Green re-signed that he would be part of any trade. Green played quite a bit of SF in Leonard's absence, but you're probably too mentally limited to remember that, and Green was expected to take over at SF, on the assumption Leonard was leaving.

Green's play had not slipped, you ignorant cluck. His 3pt % was lower, but he scored more pts on average than the previous season, and he was second on the team in blocked shots behind Aldridge.

Are you following any of this, moron?

Green did not re-sign with the Spurs in the expectation he would be traded. Moron.

If Green had thought he'd be playing someplace else, or if he'd had any hint of that, he'd have gone free agent so he'd at least have had some control over his destination. You stupid fool.

Are you able to follow any of this at all? Moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There was no idea at the time Green re-signed that he would be part of any trade. Green played quite a bit of SF in Leonard's absence, but you're probably too mentally limited to remember that, and Green was expected to take over at SF, on the assumption Leonard was leaving.

I'm sure Danny didn't know, but the Spurs did. He played SF out of literal desperation, and the result was ugly, both position wise, and the fact that it was the worst Spurs season in 20 years, and the end of the 50 wins streak.

Green's play had not slipped, you ignorant cluck. His 3pt % was lower, but he scored more pts on average than the previous season, and he was second on the team in blocked shots behind Aldridge.

His last three seasons: points 7.2 7.3 8.6; 3G%s .332 .379 .363 . The three seasons before that: points 10.5 9.1 11.7; 3G%s .429 .415 .418. Moron. His game had dropped off a cliff.

Green did not re-sign with the Spurs in the expectation he would be traded. Moron.

Got one right. I'm sure it was a surprise to him.

If Green had thought he'd be playing someplace else, or if he'd had any hint of that, he'd have gone free agent so he'd at least have had some control over his destination. You stupid fool.

No one was going to pay him the $10M he had coming on an opt in. That's why he did it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What's your source? I always thought Danny opted in because the $$$ was tight that summer? Why else opt into a team with an injured pg and SF? Also why are you trying to minimize fathead as the best SF for the Spurs 2017-2018 season.

Being traded was an absolute boon to Danny in getting minutes, playing on a higher ceiling team. People act like he was stabbed in the back.

Finally, Danny is a nice player but he's not the missing piece this team needs. If he were, he can resign here next year. But it won't happen because the Spurs have too many guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your source? I always thought Danny opted in because the $$$ was tight that summer? Why else opt into a team with an injured pg and SF? Also why are you trying to minimize fathead as the best SF for the Spurs 2017-2018 season.

Being traded was an absolute boon to Danny in getting minutes, playing on a higher ceiling team. People act like he was stabbed in the back.

Finally, Danny is a nice player but he's not the missing piece this team needs. If he were, he can resign here next year. But it won't happen because the Spurs have too many guards.
    Danny was also rehabbing an injury in the offseason. Another good reason to opt in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When LDN retires, would Spurs retire his jersey?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When LDN retires, would Spurs retire his jersey?
    We didn't retire Chuck Person's jersey so no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We didn't retire Chuck Person's jersey so no.
    LDN>>>>>>Person, tbh.

LDN made an all-defensive team with the Spurs.

He won a Championship with the Spurs.

Made the most 3 pointers in a Finals series with the Spurs (later broken by Curry but still notable) and made so many that even TP complained about him making them lol.

Should've won a le in 13 with the Spurs if it wasn't for Load Management's missed free throws

LDN has been through a lot with the Spurs and meant alot more to the franchise than Person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LDN>>>>>>Person, tbh.

LDN made an all-defensive team with the Spurs.

He won a Championship with the Spurs.

Made the most 3 pointers in a Finals series with the Spurs (later broken by Curry but still notable) and made so many that even TP complained about him making them lol.

Should've won a le in 13 with the Spurs if it wasn't for Load Management's missed free throws

LDN has been through a lot with the Spurs and meant alot more to the franchise than Person.
    Person was ROTY and drafted as the 4th pick.

Person also held the record before Green broke it.

I think it's an apt comparison, but no one thought of Green as anything but a complimentary player.

Bruce is actually considered to be a part of the "Big 4" and deserved for his jersey to be retired. Green was never in the same league, and his defense aside from shot blocking was overrated.

He defended Lebron well in the Finals, and I will give him credit for that.

After the 4 years 48 million contract, Green's offense regressed, while he improved on his shot blocking.

Based on his tenure right now, I would say there is a 0% chance he gets his jersey retired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We shouldn't have retired Avery and Bruce's jerseys tbh. They absolutely deserve to be remembered and played a major part in Spurs history and I'm sure they deserved some sort of ceremony after retiring. But I think the only players that deserve to have their jerseys retired in my lifetime so far are David and the big 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LoL let's bump this thread in a month

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Dude peaked in 2013.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LDN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will always love, Danny tbh even if he's wrong here since he has 1 ring and 2 halves.

#holocaust

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can thank Manu for his career earnings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's the Danny we know. 3-and-D player who misses all kind of open 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I will always be a Danny Green fan, tbh. Most underrated Spurs player ever? Maybe. He was certifiably better than Neph more often than anyone would ever admit, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many ring you got, Chuck?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My man...the 3 points you made are exactly how it played out.

100%

Thread Information