Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buyers...yes I'm all for it.... Vuc....nope... upgrade a more important position...
    Pop loves offense around scoring and passing bigs. I can't name a better player that's obtainable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given Spurs track record I’d rather have late first round/protected picks, than these vets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    possible gay could be included and would make a better return

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop loves offense around scoring and passing bigs. I can't name a better player that's obtainable.
    Jerami Grant ... Aaron Gordon....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm absolutely not a fan of a trade with Miami. They have nothing I would want that would work here. Olynyk, Myers Leonard and Iggy? no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm absolutely not a fan of a trade with Miami. They have nothing I would want that would work here. Olynyk, Myers Leonard and Iggy? no.
    Beggars can't be choosers.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the throat I know and I respect LJ/Kori but I feel like half the board patronizes these articles because they take the time to operate the site. With that being said there is never any new information,
    inside info, or getting down to the nitty gritty. Dejounte puts in work like a investment banking intern trying to land a full time gig. You should post things like that.
    Your constant need to drum up or seek confrontation is a sure sign of a major void or issue in your life off the forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously don't understand the reasoning behind saying we will part ways with Aldridge while still trying to trade him. Nobody is gonna give us . PATFO really sucks outside of drafting.
    Apparently, you were the only one in the dark. The Spurs simply ran out of small non-serious fake injuries to use as excuses why he wasn’t playing. After that blowout against Memphis, he wasn’t going to start, and he wouldn’t come off the bench until the roster was decimated by COVID. I’m guessing the other 29 teams were clued in. Nothing was revealed in the statement, only confirmed.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To move LA, it's going to take a massive 3 or 4 team trade. The teams that want him, dont have much to offer the Spurs. Spurs will have to buy him out or take on a crappy contract.
    I like this trade rumor I read about:
    Washington Wizards Receive: LaMarcus Aldridge

San Antonio Spurs Receive: Thomas Bryant, Robin Lopez, Ish Smith, 2023 2nd Round Pick (via CHI), 2024 2nd Round Pick (via MEM)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To move LA, it's going to take a massive 3 or 4 team trade. The teams that want him, dont have much to offer the Spurs. Spurs will have to buy him out or take on a crappy contract.
    I like this trade rumor I read about:
    Washington Wizards Receive: LaMarcus Aldridge

San Antonio Spurs Receive: Thomas Bryant, Robin Lopez, Ish Smith, 2023 2nd Round Pick (via CHI), 2024 2nd Round Pick (via MEM)
    Shame Bryant doesn’t have any more years of control on his deal. Basically just a grenade you’re holding before free agency, probably very limited play time next year.

If you can get 2 seconds it’s worth. RoLo and Ish are of little consequence, both rentals. This isn’t bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your constant need to drum up or seek confrontation is a sure sign of a major void or issue in your life off the forum.
    Inferiority complex coupled with lockdown here in TO for sure ��. I get excited to read these articles from real, intelligent and local Spurs fans whom I’ve always assumed were tapped in so I expect more meat and potatoes versus what we all read on BR daily is all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shame Bryant doesn’t have any more years of control on his deal. Basically just a grenade you’re holding before free agency, probably very limited play time next year.

If you can get 2 seconds it’s worth. RoLo and Ish are of little consequence, both rentals. This isn’t bad.
    Spurs would have to waive someone. Would either be Lyles or Eubanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dream scenario is where lyles goes too. force the old man to play Luka once in a while

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God what a depressing return on investment this would be. Getting an expiring Kelly Olynyk in return for our Max player... awful.

PATFO really blew it with this one. Should’ve traded LMA last year when he still had some value. Now he’s worth .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God what a depressing return on investment this would be. Getting an expiring Kelly Olynyk in return for our Max player... awful.

PATFO really blew it with this one. Should’ve traded LMA last year when he still had some value. Now he’s worth .

Strange manner to analyse thing, hey ho lamarcus is 35 years old now and he gave nearly what spurs want during 5 years. Even a buyout will not be shocking. He did not have value last year, pretty same like today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently, you were the only one in the dark. The Spurs simply ran out of small non-serious fake injuries to use as excuses why he wasn’t playing. After that blowout against Memphis, he wasn’t going to start, and he wouldn’t come off the bench until the roster was decimated by COVID. I’m guessing the other 29 teams were clued in. Nothing was revealed in the statement, only confirmed.
    There are several things they could have done other than telling any potential suitor that if they wait they can get Aldridge for free. That's just plain dumb. And no, no matter how much we can all especulate, it is not the same as knowing for sure that if the Spurs don't manage to trade him, they are going to cut him anyways. Especially since Aldridge is still a decent enough rotational piece.

I would be very surprised if this doesn't end up in a buy out, there's just no incentive whatsoever for teams to give anything in return for Aldridge, when they know they can get him for free in a couple of weeks. Only teams that would be interested on a potential trade are the ones that want to get rid of a bad contract.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs is just getting anything they still possibly can. Cause lma is leaving anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are several things they could have done other than telling any potential suitor that if they wait they can get Aldridge for free. That's just plain dumb. And no, no matter how much we can all especulate, it is not the same as knowing for sure that if the Spurs don't manage to trade him, they are going to cut him anyways. Especially since Aldridge is still a decent enough rotational piece.

I would be very surprised if this doesn't end up in a buy out, there's just no incentive whatsoever for teams to give anything in return for Aldridge, when they know they can get him for free in a couple of weeks. Only teams that would be interested on a potential trade are the ones that want to get rid of a bad contract.
    I mean, you mentioned it yourself: there's multiple teams who would go after him when he's bought out. The incentive is being the one to secure him before other teams do.

I'm not saying he won't for sure get bought out, just saying it gets tiresome when you choose the worst case scenario in every thread to try and kill it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, you mentioned it yourself: there's multiple teams who would go after him when he's bought out. The incentive is being the one to secure him before other teams do.

I'm not saying he won't for sure get bought out, just saying it gets tiresome when you choose the worst case scenario in every thread to try and kill it.
    On this scenario it is very clear that Aldridge will end up where he wants, and that team (and other potential suitors) probably already know where that place is. It is very unlikely that teams get on a bidding war for a guy that can be had for free and that already made up his mind about where he wants to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst case scenario is the one with a 90% possibility. Us accommodating LMA also means we might do something dumb like take back KLove, Horford or another cultural fit who will just be bought out a year from now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So, he’s a decent rotation piece, meaning multiple teams will probably want him, but we won’t be able to get anything in trade? Someone will want to cut to the front of the line. Make book on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, he’s a decent rotation piece, meaning multiple teams will probably want him, but we won’t be able to get anything in trade? Someone will want to cut to the front of the line. Make book on it.
    Many will try and cut to the front of the line with garbage offers. Nothing we like. He will not garner a 1st or a young asset. The teams that want him and whom he will sign off on a trade to have zero to offer or can’t make the math work. Buyout imminent. If we came away with a second and no cap hit beyond this year we should all be exstatic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to Miami at least puts him in the East. He may be on the decline but he’d probably still light us up for 40 having a season’s best performance like a lot of ex-Spurs who come back to visit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A buyout seems likely to me. As others have said, maybe he becomes part of a multi-team deal. That’s the only trade scenario I see happening.

Oh, and if Lyles is included somehow I’d be thrilled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerami Grant ... Aaron Gordon....
    How they better than an all-star center?

Thread Information