Page 19 of 134 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously doubt the Spurs are signing any big names. They will go on full rebuild through draft. Prepare to get the same squad. Seriously they should’ve done this 5 years ago when nephew jumped ship. It’s the only explanation why DJ wants out., and get as much FRP for him, not star swap mind you, just picks plus maybe a young promising player.

Dejounte Murray has not asked for a trade nor indicated he wants out

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm telling you, Hartenstein will be spurs target this offseason.
    Yeah he was really good. Clippers fans want him back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $20 million of contracts at the cost of two seconds (both are effectively expiring - team options on both next offseason.

Who does that leave with cap space? Unfortunately probably not much of a market this off-season to rent out cap space given few guys worthy of more than the MLE
    I’m surprised that the asking price was so low (2 seconds) to shed the salary. Would have expected they’d have to cough up a first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised that the asking price was so low (2 seconds) to shed the salary. Would have expected they’d have to cough up a first.
    Both team options for 23-24 so it’s only one year of and they both might actually play in Detroit but I would’ve wanted an FRP also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ also probably was an extension of the Duren/Kemba trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    80% of the free agents have deals in place. They just can’t announce it. Obviously Brunson going to NYK, Ayton not going to Detroit or ATL, Chicago getting Levine, Bridges being forced to shop around for Charlotte to match. Wall to LAC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much what I was thinking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would make a lot of sense. Now it doesnt look like an outright fleecing by DET.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Trade will happen Imo, spurs will sign Kyle Anderson, Isaiah Hartenstein, and Trade for a bunch of 2nd round picks lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luke Garza is going to be available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As expected.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver is nearing trading Monte Morris and Will Barton to Washington in deal for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Ish Smith, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As expected.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte Murray has not asked for a trade nor indicated he wants out
    That's good to hear as I want him to stay. I want to try and get another star to pair with him and see how it goes with all the young players too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why earth are you upset that the Spurs appear to be cutting ties with one of the most frustrating draft picks in Spurs history?

It’s been said that Kawhi hit like 99% of his ceiling. If that’s true, then Lonnie hit like 25% of his. A difference in mental discipline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's good to hear as I want him to stay. I want to try and get another star to pair with him and see how it goes with all the young players too.
    With all the rumors going on, I doubt DJ doesn’t get moved. And waiting for the trade deadline only diminishes his potential return

I hate a season of losing. I’m sure everybody does. But if it’s a true rebuild that Spurs have to do to spring board this team back, they have to deal DJ. It should’ve been done 5 years ago. It is what it is. DJ could haul 4 FRP’s with minimal protection. Poeltl, McD, J-Rich all could potentially bring Derrick-like returns. That’s 8 FRP’s including our own plus 2 SRP’s. That might be good enough for 2023 Draft which promises to be a deep one. And basing from what Timvp wrote about Primo’s development, I think the Spurs are following along Primos timeline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why earth are you upset that the Spurs appear to be cutting ties with one of the most frustrating draft picks in Spurs history?

It’s been said that Kawhi hit like 99% of his ceiling. If that’s true, then Lonnie hit like 25% of his. A difference in mental discipline.
    My guess is because people actually like Lonnie, while by the end no one liked Kawhi. I don't think it's a basketball thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is because people actually like Lonnie, while by the end no one liked Kawhi. I don't think it's a basketball thing.
    I like Lonnie, as a person, but I’m done with him as a Spur. I can simultaneously hold both of those thoughts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed. lonnie was a great community guy and really embraced the city so I wanted him to succeed. But he really just never got it together and it's time to move on.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not in the anti Lonnie camp. I liked his progression and I think he would have been worth keeping at the very least as a nice trade chip at the deadline or next years draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not in the anti Lonnie camp. I liked his progression and I think he would have been worth keeping at the very least as a nice trade chip at the deadline or next years draft.
    I would think they definitely would keep him, as much out of necessity, had they not drafted Malaki and Blake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think they definitely would keep him, as much out of necessity, had they not drafted Malaki and Blake.
    Hope they get production inside of 3 years on those guys. We can't just be a team that develops and dumps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie has a chance to be an impactful 6th man in this league tbh. I still think he was mishandled at the start of his career but his BBIQ is definitely lacking/frustrating.

He puts it all together and I don't see why he can't have a Lou Williams type career, hope he lands in a good spot tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think they weren’t shopping him at the deadline last season? He was making $4+M, and nobody wanted him. I think if they thought there was even a sliver of interest, they sign him like they did Forbes last season, and try to flip him for ANYTHING at the deadline this year.

I think if he signs anywhere, it will be for vet min, or close to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think they weren’t shopping him at the deadline last season? He was making $4+M, and nobody wanted him. I think if they thought there was even a sliver of interest, they sign him like they did Forbes last season, and try to flip him for ANYTHING at the deadline this year.

I think if he signs anywhere, it will be for vet min, or close to it.
    Id bet money he doesn’t take a vet minimum.

At that point we’d be stupid to not retain based on productivity alone.

Thread Information