Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Steven Adams/G Hill/Bebe missed just two games this season under the concussion protocol after taking nastier hits to the head than the one Kawhi was at receiving end of....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs by 14

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Steven Adams/G Hill/Bebe missed just two games this season under the concussion protocol after taking nastier hits to the head than the one Kawhi was at receiving end of....
    Good info, thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any real update on Kawhi guys??

serious update i mean

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe Pop is playing chess again, huh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe Pop is playing chess again, huh

Can we get a chop of Pops face?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why anyone ever thought they'd get the 1 seed. If the genius didn't sabotage them, you had to know something else would conspire against them or a combination thereof. I was at least hoping they'd make those arrogant pricks sweat it out until at least close to the end, but as usual everything works out for the latter in the end.
    Those in' pricks endless luck is unreal..I simply give up.. Now Aldridge and Leonard go down just when thought the door is ajar..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Kawhi ever play more than 72 games in season once in his career? It is not only Pop and his rest shtick, but he's been annoyingly prone to freak injuries his entire career..
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Kawhi ever play more than 72 games in season once in his career? It is not only Pop and his rest shtick, but he's been annoyingly prone to freak injuries his entire career..
    How it's not Pop?

Look at Pop's reasons for resting him this season.

"slowen" hand "stomach bug" "minor" quad pain

If Kawhi would play for young Pat Riley, Thibs, or even D'Antoni who believes a lot in rhythm, he would have played in all those games he missed.

Anyway, like @Ice009 has said many times here, resting is detrimal to young guys' performances, limited minutes in a game it's preferable than not playing them at all.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 03-11-2017 at 02:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trust in pop you guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, it's Ice009

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those in' pricks endless luck is unreal..I simply give up.. Now Aldridge and Leonard go down just when thought the door is ajar..
    Predictable. This team isn't getting out of the 2nd round. They were going to be hard pressed anyway, they're likely to be more cautious than any team would be with Leonard and Aldridge and if the latter returns this season, he'll probably play even more tentative.

As I've said, it's not like, if they even got to the Warriors, home court was swinging the series, but even with their propensity to lose home playoff games, the odds are always incrementally better of winning with home court. At the very least, it would have been nice to see those arrogant pricks not get everything they want.

The Spurs season is in doubt, but I'm not at all fooled by the inevitable narrative that will emerge about the championship being in doubt. Durant is due back around mid April, they won't need him for the 1st round and so long as he's at about 75% from then on, they'll be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Via Jeff McDonald twitter Pop said He is hopeful that Kawhi will play Monday.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How it's not Pop?

Look at Pop's reasons for resting him this season.

"slowen" hand "stomach bug" "minor" quad pain

If Kawhi would play for young Pat Riley, Thibs, or even D'Antoni who believes a lot in rhythm, he would have played in all those games he missed.

Anyway, like @Ice009 has said many times here, resting is detrimal to young guys' performances, limited minutes in a game it's preferable than not playing them at all.
    Yep. I have been strongly against resting players that are healthy enough to play since 2010, or whenever it was that Pop started doing it. Tim Duncan and Manu are the only two I would have rested because of mileage and various chronic issues they've had. Tim had problems with his knees/quad tendonosis or whatever it is, and Manu had problems with his foot/ankle/leg.

The main reason I don't like resting other players that may be fatigued, but not injured playing limited minutes is because of rhythm. I believe in being in rhythm and sitting out whole games ruins that. Tim used to talk about not being in a good rhythm when he wasn't playing well. I'm a rhythm player and so was Tim, so I do believe in being in rhythm.

Darn, I gotta go to work in about 30 minutes. Hearing all this sucks.

How is Kawhi? Anyone heard?
    Last edited by Ice009; 03-11-2017 at 07:37 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Never thought poop would take it this far to make his players "get over themselves", tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi wasn't even hit on the head..more like in lower part of the neck just above his shoulders..It doesn't look very serious from this clip..
    he looked pretty out of it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he looked pretty out of it
    I just watched that clip for the first time, and yeah, he didn't look to good after the hit. ing scrub Oladipo.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look at the replay. Oladipo also hit the floor hard. The contact from LMA made him twist in the air. So he was out of control but not his fault. Kawhi got hit hard but no malicious intent.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be surprised if that relatively minor contact causes him to miss more than Dubs game..It wasn't even a elbow/knee/foot to the head, just an arm hit..
    He got hit hard wtf are you smoking? These are huge human beings. That would knock out any normal ing person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look at the replay. Oladipo also hit the floor hard. The contact from LMA made him twist in the air. So he was out of control but not his fault. Kawhi got hit hard but no malicious intent.
    He got hit hard wtf are you smoking? These are huge human beings. That would knock out any normal ing person.

Truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi should be back Monday per Pop.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Pop believes Leonard has passed the first 2 stages of the concussion protocol. Barring any set backs he should be back Monday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be surprised if that relatively minor contact causes him to miss more than Dubs game..It wasn't even a elbow/knee/foot to the head, just an arm hit..

The skull gets snapped one direction. The brain is sitting still inside (inertia). The brain basically gets slammed against the inside of the skull. That's why football helmets can't fully protect against concussion. The damage takes place inside the skull.

I used to sort of smirk about how picky they are getting about concussions. I was wrong. Brains undergo chemical changes with concussion, and it takes time for things to settle down and heal. Otherwise you run the risk of permanent brain damage. It doesn't happen to everybody, but it does happen to some. I would hate to be the poor bas who draws the short straw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop believes Leonard has passed the first 2 stages of the concussion protocol. Barring any set backs he should be back Monday.
    Great news ...I figured it wasn't was serious by the looks of it..

If Kawhi leads us to that Top seed without Aldridge for the rest of season, I don't know how you don't give him the MVP..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The skull gets snapped one direction. The brain is sitting still inside (inertia). The brain basically gets slammed against the inside of the skull. That's why football helmets can't fully protect against concussion. The damage takes place inside the skull.

I used to sort of smirk about how picky they are getting about concussions. I was wrong. Brains undergo chemical changes with concussion, and it takes time for things to settle down and heal. Otherwise you run the risk of permanent brain damage. It doesn't happen to everybody, but it does happen to some. I would hate to be the poor bas who draws the short straw.
    Agreed, but still it was an arm hit not an elbow or knee to the head, which would have certainly caused more damage in this instance..That he is only missing one game is good news..

Thread Information