Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie’s Degoat!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Forbes doesn't foul out, the Spurs lose that game. It's that ing simple.
    He was a positive tonight. Normally I'd agree with you but he played his ass off tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an unbelievable win. Holy .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What fun that was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is Lonnie's team, tbh.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Forbes doesn't score 25 on 13 shots, the Spurs probably lose that game . . .
    Or maybe Lonnie would have dropped 50. I don't have to speculate about how bad Forbes' defense was down the stretch. And I still say if he hadn't fouled out, the Rockets would have scored again to win the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Count on it. He's back in the locker room telling himself that benching Lonnie made him the player he was tonight.
    I have never agreed with giving Beli minutes over Walker, but Pop does have a of a track record with developing players. I don't think its likely, but I don't think its impossible that Pop has handled Lonnie in the best way possible. More than likely Pop is just on a severe decline given how he loves to run Patty and Forbes out there but he does have a history with getting the best out of players.

I guess I just don't want to believe he's on the decline even though the signs are all there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sad thing is that he scored enough points for Pop to want to keep starting him.
    I just wish we had a coach who was over himself, and I wonder what this team would have been like from the beginning of the season under such a coach. As you noted, a truly schizophrenic team. How does a team play with such intensity against the Clips and Rockettes and, honestly, nobody else - including the Pisstons in between?

The old man’s refusal to put any 2 of Dijon, Derrick and Lonnie in the game at the same time until absolutely forced to when Bryn fouled out tells me he hasn’t gotten over himself yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what bad teams do... Lol... I remember we would get beat by random bad teams during all of our championship years
    This team in these two wins have shown that they should be an 8th seed at worst and 6th seed at best but yeah, they could easily digress throughout the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to keep the streak alive, tbh. I don't care if we get swept in the first round, this is the record breaking season.

It is not that hard either, really. 7th and 8th seed will probably make it with records of around .500. Make some moves. Get a 3&D guy and/or a stretch 4. Lose some of the deadweight. Knock some sense into Pop's head and pound that rock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a positive tonight. Normally I'd agree with you but he played his ass off tonight.
    I don't understand some of you. The argument against Forbes isn't his offense (as long as he doesn't put the ball on the floor anyway). It's defense. He's a damn HOV lane for scorers. In a close game or O/T like this, he's a damn liability every single time the opponent has the ball. I'm glad he hit shots tonight, but he shouldn't be in the game in situations like that, period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to keep the streak alive, tbh. I don't care if we get swept in the first round, this is the record breaking season.

It is not that hard really either. 7th and 8th seed will probably make it with record of around .500. Make some moves. Get a 3&D guy and/or a stretch 4. Lose some of the deadweight. Knock some sense into Pop's head and pound that rock.
    Same man. I want that record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

25 and 4 and people still

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Count on it. He's back in the locker room telling himself that benching Lonnie made him the player he was tonight.
    And Bryn showed enough for Pop to continue to rationalize his minutes.

The confirmation was Pop’s stubborn refusal to play 2 of Derrick, Dijon or Lonnie together until absolutely forced to when Bryn fouled out. Not putting all 3 of those guys in to close this game was insanity. Pop gonna continue doing Pop things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never agreed with giving Beli minutes over Walker, but Pop does have a of a track record with developing players. I don't think its likely, but I don't think its impossible that Pop has handled Lonnie in the best way possible. More than likely Pop is just on a severe decline given how he loves to run Patty and Forbes out there but he does have a history with getting the best out of players. I guess I just don't want to believe he's on the decline even though the signs are all there.
    I understand. But Lonnie took that Minny game over for a stretch, and actually gave them some hope. Then Pop gave him 1 minute of garbage time against the Clips. And the team went to 7-14. My imagination can't stretch far enough to call that good coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand some of you. The argument against Forbes isn't his offense (as long as he doesn't put the ball on the floor anyway). It's defense. He's a damn HOV lane for scorers. In a close game or O/T like this, he's a damn liability every single time the opponent has the ball. I'm glad he hit shots tonight, but he shouldn't be in the game in situations like that, period.
    THIS, except that I firmly believe that he's also cost us games by being a chucker more than has won us games by chucking. And even when his chucking works, his defense is still horrendous.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great game! The Spurs really need a proper big though. Can't be playing Poeltl all game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not talking about his offense. I was specifically talking about how many times he was iso'd vs Westbrook and on Harden in the 4th and OT and magically managed to stay in front of them more often than not. My issue with his D is always that he gets beat and reaches. Tonight, by and large, he was just reaching which contributed to his fouling out. Again, normally I'm cursing his D, but FOR TONIGHT, he deserves some credit. Be big enough to give him a bit of kudos because we all know the kid normally takes lots of well deserved criticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25 and 4 and people still
    Because you also still have to defend on the other end. He sure hit some big shots but let's not pretend he isn't a defensive liability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if this will turn the season around, but if it does that long 3 that Lonnie nailed at the end of regulation should get replayed for years. That was fearless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget JP25, he had a great game with his defense and being the star in the block party (5), and 15 rebounds! He was definitely instrumental, especially on the defensive end! Great come from behind game! Perhaps this game will be the momentum changer for the better in this season! GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is not that hard either, really. 7th and 8th seed will probably make it with records of around .500. Make some moves. Get a 3&D guy and/or a stretch 4. Lose some of the deadweight. Knock some sense into Pop's head and pound that rock.
    I want that streak too but this team is still poorly constructed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great game! The Spurs really need a proper big though. Can't be playing Poeltl all game.
    You can when you have 4 guards when he's not expected to score like most of the 4th and OT, or when the go big with LA the duo creates a decent defensive wall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because you also still have to defend on the other end. He sure hit some big shots but let's not pretend he isn't a defensive liability.

No doubt he shouldnt be guarding harden down the stretch ,he is what he is but maybe mills can teach him how to take some charges

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can when you have 4 guards when he's not expected to score like most of the 4th and OT, or when the go big with LA the duo creates a decent defensive wall.
    I meant for rebounds. Poeltl's done a decent job so far but Spurs need to play him big minutes with most of their rotations. Lyles is undersized.

Thread Information