Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great write-up Timvp! The emergence of Walker was awesome. You mentioned the team wanting him to take over, and I saw that in the players, too. This group needs an alpha dog, it's pretty obvious. LMA came here to be Duncan's little brother. DeRozan misses his buddy (and leader) Kyle Lowry. The team needs a leader and unfortunately our vets aren't really suited to that role.

You also mentioned Pop maybe running the guys a little longer than he should have, and tiring some folks out. I'd rather have him do that than yank people just to keep his rotation schedule intact. I don't really have a complaint with his subs utions this game, whereas sometimes I'm screaming about him killing a run by keeping his subs utions on track.

Great game. I'm reminded how much of the game is mental when you see how the team can up their game against Kawhi, or suddenly perform in this run against the Rockets.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I saw it live, I didn't think DeMar was correctly positioned to draw a clean charge, not to mention DJ made contact with Harden as he was moving towards the basket previous to that, so that really shouldn't have been a defensive win for DeRozan. Might have to go back and rewatch it... Though my point still stands - that long jumper was an absolutely un-clutch moment and DD's inability to shoot 3s has already cost us games in similar crunch time situations. It's not like this is the first time we're seeing this, tbh. So much for DD's IQ and floor general abilities not getting LWIV the ball for the final OT shot...
    That shot made me pretty angry too. I agree that it was very anti-clutch, but I guess I feel as though he made it right the and played solidly. I thought the charge was clean, but I’ve slept since then and I was exhausted while watching as it was WAY past my bedtime either way, I forgave him haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm obviously thrilled with LW IV breaking out but a part of me is still pissed at Pop. Part of me still thinks he is going to find a way to line-ups up. Like why doesn't he get it? His love for his pets is beyond annoying.

He goes with two low ceiling midgets when he has three young, great perimeter defenders at his disposal. There is no excuse why at least two of the three shouldn't have been out there down the stretch. Forbes is not the third best player on the team. Stop treating him like it. Wombat is not the closing PG. Stop treating him like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG... Patty has figured out that the best way to guard Harden is just to play ty D?

If Pop is going to get bonus points for playing Lonnie and not Beli, he's got to get retroactive F's for every other game this season. Can't have it both ways.
    to be fair Harden somehow does have a history of having trouble to score on smaller defenders. He once got locked up by JJ Re and Patty has guarded him well occassionally. It's something about smaller defenders that bothers him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The look on Eubanks' face after Lonnie's steal and tomahawk dunk was priceless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because Pop isn't ready throw in the towel and tank yet. White was a -24 and Murray's lost his starting lineup job after a few weeks. They're also non-scorers with below average shooting ability which the Spurs need more than defense right now. Forbes isn't starting because he's the third best player on the team....

If the season's over though, then for sure, start those three guys with Eubanks and Lyles.
    Your takes are consistently awful. Keep slurping that Patty juice, .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great write-up Timvp! The emergence of Walker was awesome. You mentioned the team wanting him to take over, and I saw that in the players, too. This group needs an alpha dog, it's pretty obvious. LMA came here to be Duncan's little brother. DeRozan misses his buddy (and leader) Kyle Lowry. The team needs a leader and unfortunately our vets aren't really suited to that role.

You also mentioned Pop maybe running the guys a little longer than he should have, and tiring some folks out. I'd rather have him do that than yank people just to keep his rotation schedule intact. I don't really have a complaint with his subs utions this game, whereas sometimes I'm screaming about him killing a run by keeping his subs utions on track.

Great game. I'm reminded how much of the game is mental when you see how the team can up their game against Kawhi, or suddenly perform in this run against the Rockets.

enough with that. Our leader is Patty Mills.
    Lonnie isn't even a coffee gang member!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because Pop isn't ready throw in the towel and tank yet. White was a -24 and Murray's lost his starting lineup job after a few weeks. They're also non-scorers with below average shooting ability which the Spurs need more than defense right now. Forbes isn't starting because he's the third best player on the team....

If the season's over though, then for sure, start those three guys with Eubanks and Lyles.
    Wait, defense hasn't been the problem this year?

Your hero Wombat isn't better than any of those three young guys, biased Australian. The team would only improve if they got more of Wombat and Forbes' minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG... Patty has figured out that the best way to guard Harden is just to play ty D?

If Pop is going to get bonus points for playing Lonnie and not Beli, he's got to get retroactive F's for every other game this season. Can't have it both ways.
    What'd you think of that Forbes A?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your takes are consistently awful. Keep slurping that Patty juice, .
    Fairly consistent with Timvp's post game grades. Let's keep the trolling to a minimum. Patty and Forbes could score 20 each on 9/11 shooting and you'd still be trashing them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, defense hasn't been the problem this year?

Your hero Wombat isn't better than any of those three young guys, biased Australian. The team would only improve if they got more of Wombat and Forbes' minutes.
    The Spurs are dead last in three point shooting....my dude. Wombat and Forbes can shoot better than those other guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are dead last in three point shooting....my dude. Wombat and Forbes can shoot better than those other guys.
    They're like Top 5/Top 10 in offense. Bottom 5 on defense.

But yeah, they let's keep trotting out the midget traffic cones because they hit threes. It's been working out so well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fairly consistent with Timvp's post game grades. Let's keep the trolling to a minimum. Patty and Forbes could score 20 each on 9/11 shooting and you'd still be trashing them.
    Please. Tim is capable of good quality takes. I haven’t seen from you that isn’t slurping Patty’s nuts. At least Manu and Tony were Hall of Famers so I could tolerate their fans. All you Patty fans act like he’s even on their level. Get out of here, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if walker isthe new leader, where does that leave the IB wanker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if walker isthe new leader, where does that leave the IB wanker?
    Way too early to assume a good game will turn Lonnie into a team leader... We don't even know if it's gonna turn him into a starter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're like Top 5/Top 10 in offense. Bottom 5 on defense.

But yeah, they let's keep trotting out the midget traffic cones because they hit threes. It's been working out so well.

Thread Information