Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1644
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's there to defend? At the time I made the comment deaths by probable covid were not being counted. And I don't bail these threads when my predictions don't pan out. I still haven't seen MannyIsGod since the three weeks passed and we weren't at 150K as he predicted.
    Bro you can look at my post history to see that other than the begining of COVID, I have barely posted here for years. Sorry I"m not here to feed your bull . Its funny you think I care about your opinion. My post was saying that Fauci was right to to say 100k was a good estimate because the doubling pace we were on showed that we were going to hit 150k by the end of the month.

We have about 2.5k deaths right now. Assuming a slow 4 day doubling time for deaths (I think it'll be faster), in ~3 weeks we hit 150k dead. Thats why Fauci's numbers seem appropriate.
    Just ask yourself this, if I was making a prediction of 150k by the end of April, why the would I think Fauci's numbers of 100k total seemed appropriate? How does that add up?

You really don't understand exponential growth which is why you think that the difference between ~60k and 150k at the end result of an exponential curve is a big difference. It's not, but all you see is the 90k difference. Its the matter of about 1 doubling, One of the biggest problems with how the American people perceive this is that they really don't understand how close we were to this being multiple times worse on the first wave much less how bad subsequent waves will be. This also means that if we had not ed around for a month, or even just reacted a week or two earlier, this could have been multiple times less deadly. That means 30-40k could have been saved if the idiots in charge would have listened to the experts a week or two earlier. But no, they have dumb s like you rooting them on. Good job.

Look, if you want to give me an L, feel free my dude. e the ball, keep mentioning me every week so that when I eventually do log back into Spurstalk I'll have like 5 notifications from you again. Rent free as a mother er, TBH.
    Last edited by MannyIsGod; 04-30-2020 at 06:13 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA never lets go of a grudge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unemployment now 30M+

rents due 1 May?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Hypocritical whiteys. SMH

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Unemployment now 30M+

rents due 1 May?
    Don't forget, 61K COVID-19 deaths (and counting).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hypocritical whiteys. SMH

do you think obama would - even still be ALIVE -

if 61k dead- and obama strolled up to the podium and said “i take no responsibility”
    and
    ”we have done a great job- it could have been a million or 2.2 million”

im not talking impeachment or low poll numbers

im saying - would obama even be ALIVE???

how many hearings and investigations of the entire obama cabinet???

cue...the *ding
    Last edited by Spurs Homer; 04-30-2020 at 10:48 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    do you think obama would - even still be ALIVE -

if 61k dead- and obama strolled up to the podium and said “i take no responsibility”
    and
    ”we have done a great job- it could have been a million or 2.2 million”

im not taking impeachment or low poll numbers

im saying - would obama even be ALIVE???

how many hearings and investigations of the entire obama cabinet???

cue...the *ding
    Truth bombs. He'd be an assassinated MFer. No way they'd let him live.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [/URL]

Statistically irrelevant, like I said. We're at 61k right now with another day to report.

Well last time you thought they were on the high end of predictions. Are they still " " that way, or are they on the low end? Tune us all in to your research
    His research is whatever Q tells him to think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA never lets go of a grudge.
    Alt-right playbook: never play defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odds are pretty good it will pass 60k by the end of this month, let alone August. Some Republi states are still not locked down, and many are chomping at the bit to kill people and re-open.
    No, odds are not pretty good it will pass 60K by the end of this month. The ty IHME model that already factored in social distancing and has been revised down constantly isn't even predicting that.
    TSA has another faith-based fail.

Make another lowball prediction based on WH estimates.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro you can look at my post history to see that other than the begining of COVID, I have barely posted here for years. Sorry I"m not here to feed your bull . Its funny you think I care about your opinion. My post was saying that Fauci was right to to say 100k was a good estimate because the doubling pace we were on showed that we were going to hit 150k by the end of the month.

Just ask yourself this, if I was making a prediction of 150k by the end of April, why the would I think Fauci's numbers of 100k total seemed appropriate? How does that add up?

You really don't understand exponential growth which is why you think that the difference between ~60k and 150k at the end result of an exponential curve is a big difference. It's not, but all you see is the 90k difference. Its the matter of about 1 doubling, One of the biggest problems with how the American people perceive this is that they really don't understand how close we were to this being multiple times worse on the first wave much less how bad subsequent waves will be. This also means that if we had not ed around for a month, or even just reacted a week or two earlier, this could have been multiple times less deadly. That means 30-40k could have been saved if the idiots in charge would have listened to the experts a week or two earlier. But no, they have dumb s like you rooting them on. Good job.

Look, if you want to give me an L, feel free my dude. e the ball, keep mentioning me every week so that when I eventually do log back into Spurstalk I'll have like 5 notifications from you again. Rent free as a mother er, TBH.
    God damn exponential growth is nasty. I kept trying to explain it upstairs and show why our number of deaths curve was going to have steeper exponential growth than Italy's and all I got was re s saying I was pinning Italty's deaths on Trump and how American only had 50 dead, who cares? It can't stay there forever with a virus outbreak since eventually the number of recovered+dead is enough to make it into a much tamer increasing curve with fewer targets for the virus (assuming immunity after getting it), but with it doubtful even 2% of our population is infected there is still plenty of time for nasty exponential growth before transition to a less nasty but still very steep growth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Part of a really good series on the alt-right. Highly recommend the channel. Even-handed and the guy does his research. The bit on the origins of modern conservatism was very good as well.

Never play defense:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmVkJvieaOA

Watch the video. His technique fits into this pattern perfectly.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 04-30-2020 at 11:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn exponential growth is nasty. I kept trying to explain it upstairs and show why our number of deaths curve was going to have steeper exponential growth than Italy's and all I got was re s saying I was pinning Italty's deaths on Trump and how American only had 50 dead, who cares? It can't stay there forever with a virus outbreak since eventually the number of recovered+dead is enough to make it into a much tamer increasing curve with fewer targets for the virus (assuming immunity after getting it), but with it doubtful even 2% of our population is infected there is still plenty of time for nasty exponential growth before transition to a less nasty but still very steep growth.
    lol you're posting upstairs? I haven't opened that board since the season was cancelled. I hope you used my .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    their bungling might cost us the NFL season tbh. crime against humanity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +60K CV19 deaths on Trump's watch. He ed up. Anyone who thinks or says otherwise can off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘What the does this mean?’ Financial reporters aghast at White House’s ‘off the wall’ plan to punish China

“some administration officials have also discussed having

the U.S. cancel part of its debt obligations to China,”

which makes it sound like they are considering a sovereign default on U.S. debt.

“Does the US owe bilateral debt to China???

Or are they literally talking about defaulting on US Treasury bonds?

“And self-destructive. And globally destabilizing.”

there is no way the administration will even consider this plan given that it would immediately send markets into a global meltdown.

“I have no idea what they mean by “voiding” US debt obligations to China,” he wrote on Twitter.

“The Chinese own $1.1 trillion in Treasury securities.

Any effort to ‘void’ that would create unfathomable market chaos.

It simply cannot be done under any cir stances.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/wha...8460&list_id=1

Trash stiff another supplier? totally in character. Trash has built his career on stiffing, cheating, defrauding.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +60K CV19 deaths on Trump's watch. He ed up. Anyone who thinks or says otherwise can off.
    absolutely has blood on his hands...

and

so do the GOP who had overwhelming evidence to convict him and remove him just two months ago
    and chose to cover up his criminality

they could have saved tens of thousands of lives

all they had to do - was their sworn duty.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having another Vietnam War in one month no big deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House, Congress have not given any hazard pay to the medical workers they call heroes

The trillions in federal relief money has not included raises for front-line workers.

Many also don’t get paid sick leave because of a legislative exclusion.

a proposal to offer such aid has not been seriously considered during negotiations over any of the four bills approved by Congress to respond to the novel coronavirus

More than 45 nurses in the United States have died of covid-19, the disease the novel coronavirus causes, while at least a half-dozen doctors have died in states including Arizona, Michigan, Florida and New York.

numerous hospitals across the country have slashed pay for nurses and doctors,

as the suspension of elective surgeries drains health-care companies of a vital source of revenue.

Health-care systems in California, Maine, Minnesota and Colorado have all announced pay cuts or furloughs to their employees.

Stanford Health Care announced pay cuts this week of up to 20 percent for roughly 14,000 health-care workers, including personnel responding to the
    coronavirus.

The Families First Coronavirus Response Act that Congress passed in March

specifically excludes health-care companies and firms with more than 500 employees

from having to give two weeks of paid sick leave.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/30/white-house-congress-have-not-given-any-hazard-pay-medical-workers-despite-calling-them-heroes/?pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9. eyJjb29raWVuYW1lIjoid3BfY3J0aWQiLCJpc3MiOiJDYXJ0YS IsImNvb2tpZXZhbHVlIjoiNTk3NDBkYjNhZGU0ZTIxYTg0OTNm ZGFlIiwidGFnIjoiNWVhYjM2ZTBmZTFmZjY1NGMyYzgzZGY0Ii widXJsIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cud2FzaGluZ3RvbnBvc3QuY29t L2J1c2luZXNzLzIwMjAvMDQvMzAvd2hpdGUtaG91c2UtY29uZ3 Jlc3MtaGF2ZS1ub3QtZ2l2ZW4tYW55LWhhemFyZC1wYXktbWVk aWNhbC13b3JrZXJzLWRlc3BpdGUtY2FsbGluZy10aGVtLWhlcm 9lcy8_dXRtX2NhbXBhaWduPXdwX3RvX3lvdXJ VhbHRoJnV0 bV9tZWRpdW09ZW1haWwmdXRtX3NvdXJjZT1uZXdzbGV0dGVyJn dwaXNyYz1ubF90eWgmd3Btaz0xIn0.f1XK7ELFDyRuXxi96WGb NGMVpiqbnvwpRDSJYIHDit0&utm_campaign=wp_to_your_he alth&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc =nl_tyh&wpmk=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘What the does this mean?’ Financial reporters aghast at White House’s ‘off the wall’ plan to punish China

“some administration officials have also discussed having

the U.S. cancel part of its debt obligations to China,”

which makes it sound like they are considering a sovereign default on U.S. debt.

“Does the US owe bilateral debt to China???

Or are they literally talking about defaulting on US Treasury bonds?

“And self-destructive. And globally destabilizing.”

there is no way the administration will even consider this plan given that it would immediately send markets into a global meltdown.

“I have no idea what they mean by “voiding” US debt obligations to China,” he wrote on Twitter.

“The Chinese own $1.1 trillion in Treasury securities.

Any effort to ‘void’ that would create unfathomable market chaos.

It simply cannot be done under any cir stances.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/wha...8460&list_id=1

Trash stiff another supplier? totally in character. Trash has built his career on stiffing, cheating, defrauding.

That is so monumentally stupid.

Yet so plausible.

Yet another "that is where we are" moment. .

Injecting bleach and defaulting on bonds.

That is the administration in a nuts .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is so monumentally stupid.

Yet so plausible.

Yet another "that is where we are" moment. .

Injecting bleach and defaulting on bonds.

That is the administration in a nuts .
    Trash and Repugs have gifted us so many unthinkable acts, but we ain't seen nothing yet.

Trash loses election, 51 -49, refuses to concede, claims Ms of fraudulent Dem voters, contests the election, demands recount, refuses to leave the WH.

That would be time for some Salvador Allende treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Trump claims US has best Covid-19 testing in the world,

Capitol physician says he lacks capacity to test all 100 senators

“We don’t have the capability to do a large-scale test,” Dr. Brian Monahan said in a conference call with GOP officials

“My test result can take between two and seven business days to resolve,” said Monahan, who noted that

he doesn’t have access to the rapid tests used by the White House to test the president, vice president, and other executive branch officials.

Monahan told Republican officials that he will only be able to test senators and staffers who are showing symptoms.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/as-trump-claims-us-has-best-covid-19-testing-in-the-world-capitol-physician-says-he-lacks-capacity-to-test-all-100-senators/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4435

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under Jared's rule with his McKinsey/frat rat boys

Trump administration ‘wasted’ the last month — and the results are ‘devastating’: disaster relief expert

President Donald Trump made April the month to “stop the spread” of COVID-19 in the United States —

but disaster relief expert Jeremy Konyndyk believes the administration utterly failed to make real progress.

summarizing how the administration’s efforts have only put the United States on a plateau when it comes to new coronavirus cases.

the federal government wasted April much as it wasted February,”

without competent federal leadership, the best we are managing is to tread water.”

“It looks like US-style lockdowns are enough to freeze transmission in place (R=1)

but not enough to drive it down (R<1),"

"Which suggests that without further measures (more on that in a sec),

we could remain on this plateau for quite a while.

That of course would be devastating."

he expresses little hope that it will actually take his recommendations.

"The way forward is very clear: test, trace, isolate, protect,"

"Putting that infrastructure into place can

bring down cases to a manageable level,

enable us to relax lockdowns, and

move to a posture of sustainable suppression.

But that will be tough to deliver without the feds."

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/tru..._campaign=4435

no worries, Doc, Trash The Bungler is
    proud of his Trash Pandemic doing so well

Thread Information