Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC would expect picks back, and wouldn't do this deal on its face. The Thunder are a good team. Why would they want to trade from good to ty?
    CP3’s contract. If they want to get rid of it, they’ll have to throw in picks and an expiring contract. They’ll never get rid of it if they don’t.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is Golden State wanting in return? Picks? Young players? Expiring contracts? Or all of the above?

If it's expiring then send them Gay (1 year left), Belinelli, Forbes, and some picks.
    Aldridge is more likely. You can 1:1 player swap and they flip him for something next February if he isn't a good fit. Aldridge and a first might be enough. Or Aldridge, a heavily protected first and Samanic.

If a three team, the Wolves send the pick. Although, I could see the Wolves or Warriors wanting Forbes or Gay. Belinelli is probably bought out and might find his way to a contender. I don't see him having any trade value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, I want changes so bad that any trade sounds great. Murray plus whatever for Russell? Yeah sure, where do I sign up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3’s contract. If they want to get rid of it, they’ll have to throw in picks and an expiring contract. They’ll never get rid of it if they don’t.
    They could get rid of Paul's contract. Horford. Wiggins. Harris. Griffin. A bundle of contracts from the Clippers. A platter of poo from Miami or NY. He's playing too well to attach assets. They'd just move him for another, slightly less terrible, contract in a worse case scenario. But the Thunder could get pick(s) for Gallinari. If they pair Gallinari with Paul, then there is definitely no leverage to ask for picks.

The Thunder are only a small contract dump away from not having tax issues. Presti is under no pressure. He just needs to move Diallo or Burton for a protected second and he's out of tax jail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WOW! Can you imagine Curry, Klay and... Forbes on the floor together?!
    Klay, Curry and baby Curry? It wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league!

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is more likely. You can 1:1 player swap and they flip him for something next February if he isn't a good fit. Aldridge and a first might be enough. Or Aldridge, a heavily protected first and Samanic.

If a three team, the Wolves send the pick. Although, I could see the Wolves or Warriors wanting Forbes or Gay. Belinelli is probably bought out and might find his way to a contender. I don't see him having any trade value.
    i said that weeks ago that the only things gsw would may consider from us are aldridge and 1st. But to beat other offers which are more attractive spurs would have to offer sth like aldridge/one of murray,loonie (id prefer give them murray) +1st 2020 and 2nd 2021 for drussel/paschall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR/LMA/Poetl to Atl for Hunter/Parsons/Turner/Len/both 1st Rd Picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could get rid of Paul's contract. Horford. Wiggins. Harris. Griffin. A bundle of contracts from the Clippers. A platter of poo from Miami or NY. He's playing too well to attach assets. They'd just move him for another, slightly less terrible, contract in a worse case scenario. But the Thunder could get pick(s) for Gallinari. If they pair Gallinari with Paul, then there is definitely no leverage to ask for picks.

The Thunder are only a small contract dump away from not having tax issues. Presti is under no pressure. He just needs to move Diallo or Burton for a protected second and he's out of tax jail.
    Disagree. OKC isn’t going to trade cp3 for another large ty contract. They’re going to want expiring contracts. They will have to add something to cp3 or else they won’t get any takers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR/LMA/Poetl to Atl for Hunter/Parsons/Turner/Len/both 1st Rd Picks
    Is that I-was-just-involved-in-a-career-ending-car-accident Chandler Parsons? My hatred for this organization would know no bounds if he was headed our way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great shooting, 2 subpar defenders ...
    I assume you mean that Forbes is so bad at defense he counts as two because Klay and Curry are solid defenders

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC should trade some of those picks and get a third team involved to get Russell. They're not a bad team and Russell would help that team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i said that weeks ago that the only things gsw would may consider from us are aldridge and 1st. But to beat other offers which are more attractive spurs would have to offer sth like aldridge/one of murray,loonie (id prefer give them murray) +1st 2020 and 2nd 2021 for drussel/paschall
    I didn't see your comment before, but I think the Spurs would be overpaying by a player. I wouldn't give up that much for D'Lo. But if Aldridge could net us a return from Wolves, I'd look at those options.

I see Wiggins as having negative trade value (because of his contract) but if taking him back allowed Spurs to get Covington too, I'd look at it. Wiggins is not a 25mm upgrade over Forbes, but he is still a very significant on court upgrade over Forbes. Just having Walker and Wiggins take Forbes' minutes would make the Spurs 5-7 games better. But Spurs would have to figure out how to shed Wiggins' contract later.

And Wiggins still has time to develop into a positive trade value player. Forbes is what he is because he'll never be a good defender.

Splitting our minutes at the four between Covington, Lyles, and potentially Samanic next year makes us much better team too. Wiggins and Covington makes us a more likely 2020-21 postseason contender than running back Aldridge and Forbes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. OKC isn’t going to trade cp3 for another large ty contract. They’re going to want expiring contracts. They will have to add something to cp3 or else they won’t get any takers
    Presti likes to convert assets into assets. If Paul is viewed as an asset by another team, he'll want something (other than an expiring) that can be converted later. If Paul allows them to be a postseason box office earner without a tax bill, I don't see his contract as a problem. The team would likely earn more money with him on payroll than without. But for the sake of argument, I'll concede your point. Gallinari is the something to add to CP3. Gallinari negates the need to add a pick.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minny wants 2 picks. So the Rockets will try to somehow get 2 picks to trade them for RoCo

LOL. Yeah, I get it. That's why they were looking for a third party. And my point is still the same to these people who say that tanking for a high pick would somehow be a bad thing. Would have been a bad thing, because it's too ing late now.

Even if they don't think the Spurs can get a top-tier player in the draft, the higher the pick, the higher the trade value. The playoff appearance record has zero trade value.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Yeah, I get it. That's why they were looking for a third party. And my point is still the same to these people who say that tanking for a high pick would somehow be a bad thing. Would have been a bad thing, because it's too ing late now.

Even if they don't think the Spurs can get a top-tier player in the draft, the higher the pick, the higher the trade value. The playoff appearance record has zero trade value.
    im saying this from the months and everyone laughed at me. Maybe now its not too late but spurs should have tanked and getting high picks when kawhis said he wanted leave. Now it will be much harder and longer journey to be back as a contender again.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minny can't really believe Covington's market is two first round picks. That's just them establishing negotiating position. One first and a replacement level player or one first and an expiring contract is enough.

A decent volume three point shooter who can guard 3, 4, and many 5s might net a first and second from a contender. So even though two firsts sounds crazy to me, it's probably the right place for Minny to start the bidding. They'll negotiate their way to sanity.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston wants Covington, so I imagine they're offering to send Capela to Hawks, who send a first to Golden State, and Rockets send picks of their own to Golden State, while Warriors send Russell to Wolves. If Warriors don't want Wiggins or Dieng/Vonleh/Bell, the fourth team must be the salary match the Warriors need for Russell.

Other than the reliability of Woj, this rumor seems very legitimate because of the relationship between Minnesota and Houston's front offices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop’s probably asking three first round picks for Steph Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised no one is bringing up the blatant tanking by the Warriors tbh. Curry is out 4 months with a broken hand? They need to flip Donkey too while they're tanking since paying him 33 million a year was an incredibly stupid move by Meyers.

Wiseman, Curry, Klay, Green and filler doesn't sound too bad of a roster for next season though. If the Warriors get a 1st for Dsnitch all the better for them. They can attach that to Donkey's contract and flip him after this year.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised no one is bringing up the blatant tanking by the Warriors tbh. Curry is out 4 months with a broken hand? They need to flip Donkey too while they're tanking since paying him 33 million a year was an incredibly stupid move by Meyers.

Wiseman, Curry, Klay, Green and filler doesn't sound too bad of a roster for next season though. If the Warriors get a 1st for Dsnitch all the better for them. They can attach that to Donkey's contract and flip him after this year.
    gsw made a smart decision to tank this year. If they get two firsts for drussel they will be a contender for the next couple of yrs. Patfo learn from them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Morris is available now according to Woj.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that I-was-just-involved-in-a-career-ending-car-accident Chandler Parsons? My hatred for this organization would know no bounds if he was headed our way.
    $25M expiring contract. He would never play a game in a spurs jersey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti likes to convert assets into assets. If Paul is viewed as an asset by another team, he'll want something (other than an expiring) that can be converted later. If Paul allows them to be a postseason box office earner without a tax bill, I don't see his contract as a problem. The team would likely earn more money with him on payroll than without. But for the sake of argument, I'll concede your point. Gallinari is the something to add to CP3. Gallinari negates the need to add a pick.
    I agree with you on Presti, but where your logic is flawed is teams thinking CP3 is a positive asset. They tried like nobodies business to trade him early in the season, but teams saw him as a negative asset and wanted picks in return.
    Now that CP3 is playing well and they're in the playoff race it certainly complicates things. Obviously they want to get out of that contact before he falls off a cliff, but if they do it now they have to answer to the fans. Presti will have to get positive assets in return to appease the fans and the fact that a trade hasn't been made proves that the league still doesn't view CP3 as a positive asset with that contract.
    Bottom line, I believe you're WAY underestimating how bad that contact is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From my source, Spurs really trying to trade Marco, but they're having a hard time finding a team that wants him for what they want in return.

Thread Information