Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grats tbh. I don't know how big of an impact he's going to make though. Will be a good game against the Spurms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reminds me of spurfans when signing jefferson...
    "We finally have a sick dunker!"

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And you had give up bupkis.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's definitely an upgrade, but I'm not sure how significant. We'll have to see how he meshes with the team. Rondo-Ellis is an interesting pairing, potentially very potent. From the few times I've seen Dallas play, I actually have liked the way Devin Harris has been playing a lot. I thought he should have been starting for the Mavs. Not sure if they prefer him off the bench anyway to minimize the risk of injury, but he's been good for them. I did like Brandan Wright a lot for the Mavs too so I think that's a little bit of a loss.

I'd expect Rondo to improve the team's defense. But I thought the Mavs offense was already really, really good, so I'm not sure how much better Rondo's driving and passing ability will make it, plus he will limit the touches Monta and Parsons will have in the half court set. Not the amount of shots, but the touches to facilitate and go into iso.

One thing is for sure though, with the better scorers and shooters Rondo has now, he could definitely start assist padding if he wants to.
    Solid take Jammie. The biggest thing he'll bring is defense. The west has a ton of guards that would have ate Jameer up. In this regard, Rondo is a major upgrade. Then he is flanked by Monta and backed up by Harris? They still have JJ Barea too. If they gel, they'll give the Spurs .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

1. First if they play together that is a woefully undersized backcourt
    Because Nelson and ellis were somehow less undersized?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang

Roanda then Harris then big JJ Barea

Meanwhile Pop still experimenting with Bonner

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    YES

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Now we need parsons and rondo to work with Dirks shooting coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But how does Jermaine Oneal improve your backup big situation, is he even an average defender.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dang

Roanda then Harris then big JJ Barea

Meanwhile Pop still experimenting with Bonner
    & still acting the chicken by withholding his players from compe ion.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics could not get a better deal in return?

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst windhorstESPN
    Mavericks on verge of completing 1-year deal with Erick Dampier

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst windhorstESPN
    Mavericks on verge of completing 1-year deal with Erick Dampier
    Nice joke lol

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But how does Jermaine Oneal improve your backup big situation, is he even an average defender.
    Yes he still is productive. Last year GS signed him when Bogut went down and he put up like 9/5 in 20mpg with a PER over 15 and decent defensive rating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes he still is productive. Last year GS signed him when Bogut went down and he put up like 9/5 in 20mpg with a PER over 15 and decent defensive rating.
    I have my doubts against journeymen but if he holds up the 2nd unit's defense and contributes 9/5 day in day out then obviously he would be a decent back-up. I'm more interested at how Rondo and Ellis are going to work together now though

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Mav's couldn't give RJ away as a trade freebie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some reason he looks hideous in a Mavs jersey

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I have my doubts against journeymen but if he holds up the 2nd unit's defense and contributes 9/5 day in day out then obviously he would be a decent back-up. I'm more interested at how Rondo and Ellis are going to work together now though
    Yeah we will just have to see. But they just need a guy for 15-20 mins a game to clog the paint and play physical, they don't need anything too spectacular.

As for Ellis/Rondo, it depends on Rondos accepting Carlisle's system. If he does, they will do fine. Carlisle always does a good job at keeping the load divided well and maximizing players skill sets.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LOL Mav's couldn't give RJ away as a trade freebie.
    LOL Spurs relying on RJ to be a star player

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Spurs relying on RJ to be a star player
    LOL he is on the Mav's with JJ

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    he's pretty solid defensively, he held it down last year for GS in bogut's absence

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we will just have to see. But they just need a guy for 15-20 mins a game to clog the paint and play physical, they don't need anything too spectacular.

As for Ellis/Rondo, it depends on Rondos accepting Carlisle's system. If he does, they will do fine. Carlisle always does a good job at keeping the load divided well and maximizing players skill sets.
    IMHO for that to also really work, Parsons will have to be consistent with his shot. Dirk and Ellis will always grant the other team's attention but Parsons has to step up for Rondo to work his ways in your offense it would be hard for mavsfans eyes when Rondo is left wide open while Monta iso's.

Always nice to have a hall of fame caliber coach. West gets loaded every year while the East is boring as . Goodluck to everyone tbh.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Yeah, but you're not drafting Kawhi Leonard in the late twenties.
    To clarify, I wasn't just referring to this trade when I suggested they were mortgaging their future. The Mavericks most recently traded away the 13th pick in 2012 draft, Kawhi was the 15th pick. So yes, Dallas is mortgaging their future by trading away their 1st round picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To clarify, I wasn't just referring to this trade would I suggested they were mortgaging their future. The Mavericks most recently traded away the 13th pick in 2012 draft, Kawhi was the 15th pick. So yes, Dallas is mortgaging their future by trading away their 1st round picks.
    Future doesn't matter and Cubes knows it. This might be Dirk's last year of him being a scary offensive threat, although I see him aging gracefully, this is a good deal. Look at last year's stacked and hyped up draft, say Dallas had the number 1 pick, they wouldn't improve a whole lot immediately and even in the future. There are only a few Kawhi Leonard's out there and they are not going to be in the draft every year.

Thread Information