Page 126 of 376 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using the mist armor from Niflheim and have the blades and axe maxed but have pretty crappy pommels on both. I saved in Niflheim with a ton of echoes so I could open one chest, reload, open another, reload, and so on to see what was in each and I see there are two epic pommels I should probably get to replace the weak ones I have equipped. Plus Muspelheim has some ingredients I need to craft an enchantment I want as well as to upgrade armor.
    for the axe, surtr's grip of the flame, iirc you get from muspelheim. in niflheim you get mistbourne. those are probably the two best axe pommels. i prefer the former. you should also have the valkyrie grip for the blades by now since you've beaten all 8. i think thats about as good as it gets there

i prefer the valkyrie armor sets to the mist armor, with the exception of the chestplate. depending on how far along you are in the story, eventually you get another dwarf favor at the end of which you can unlock broks/sindris dwarven armor sets. sindris chest armor is great. the mist sets have solid stats but the passive health regen doesnt do enough imo.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for the axe, surtr's grip of the flame, iirc you get from muspelheim. in niflheim you get mistbourne. those are probably the two best axe pommels. i prefer the former. you should also have the valkyrie grip for the blades by now since you've beaten all 8. i think thats about as good as it gets there

i prefer the valkyrie armor sets to the mist armor, with the exception of the chestplate. depending on how far along you are in the story, eventually you get another dwarf favor at the end of which you can unlock broks/sindris dwarven armor sets. sindris chest armor is great. the mist sets have solid stats but the passive health regen doesnt do enough imo.
    I have Sindri's chest plate but it's not very good initially IMO. Maybe it gets better with upgrading? The valkyrie armor does upgrade cooldown so I might try it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have Sindri's chest plate but it's not very good initially IMO. Maybe it gets better with upgrading? The valkyrie armor does upgrade cooldown so I might try it.
    yeah the total stats/level arent quite as high as the mist/valkyrie pieces (the NG+ variants all reach level 9 when fully maxed so you dont even have to sacrifice for choosing it), but the emphasis on runic/cooldown is what makes it great,

you're only going to do meaningful damage against sigrun via runic attacks, so emphasizing on runic/cooldown is the way to go. at least that was my approach.

the biggest flaw of sindris plate is that its ing blue and is a very anti-kratos look

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    arkham city is a really fun game. there is way more content than arkham asylum. the riddler trophies are also much more interesting and dont feel like as much of a drag. only exception is coming across ones that you dont have a gadget for, or need to come back as catwoman to collect. those feel really dumb.

surprisingly, i'm still enjoying the combat... which i didnt think would be possible given the simple attack/counter system following a combat centric game like god of war. but they managed to add enough diversity to make it fun with different enemy types, different free-flow combo maneuvers. the gadgets are dont feel very useful in battle, and i find myself using them as a chore just so i can add to my variation bonus.

the side content feels bigger than the main game, at least so far. definitely one of the better games of the ps3 generation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    arkham city is a really fun game. there is way more content than arkham asylum. the riddler trophies are also much more interesting and dont feel like as much of a drag. only exception is coming across ones that you dont have a gadget for, or need to come back as catwoman to collect. those feel really dumb.

surprisingly, i'm still enjoying the combat... which i didnt think would be possible given the simple attack/counter system following a combat centric game like god of war. but they managed to add enough diversity to make it fun with different enemy types, different free-flow combo maneuvers. the gadgets are dont feel very useful in battle, and i find myself using them as a chore just so i can add to my variation bonus.

the side content feels bigger than the main game, at least so far. definitely one of the better games of the ps3 generation.
    Did you beat Sigrun on GMGOW?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you beat Sigrun on GMGOW?
    i had 2 playthroughs. first was give me a challenge, beat her there. it took me many tries, probably 3+ hours of attempts

then i started NG+ in GMGOW. beat her there too, but it took me a few days of attempts, no lie

NG+ ramps up the difficulty on top of GMGOW. she has different attacks (i havent played a regular NG GMGOW, only NG+, but from what i've read there is a further difficulty ramp on NG+). like for the valhalla jump/stomp... she doesnt just do 1 of them, or 3 of them. she'll do like 5-6 in a row, and not only that, but she'll randomly choose between the instant stomp or the muspelheim version where she drops a fire bomb first, delays, then stomps. so you might get fire delay - fire delay - instant - fire delay - instant or some random order/combo. also the ice shard attack becomes more difficult to manage.

overall i found NG+ GMGOW to be similar in difficulty to GMAC. you just have to adjust and play even more defensive, but your character is so strong by that point that it cancels out. the hardest part of the game, generally, was the first few hours because you have so few tools to work with, and NG+ changes that quite a bit. with the exception of the valkyries. there were a different animal on NG+.

i do plan on eventually going back for a regular GMGOW playthrough and experience the grind, but with the understanding that the valkyrie battles will likely be easier for me having already beaten the NG+ versions
    Last edited by spurraider21; 04-05-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think you can adjust difficulty upwards to GMGOW. that difficulty is all or nothing. you have to choose it at the start of your playthrough and once you do you're stuck on it. you can freely change between the other 3. unless im remembering wrong

do you have your axe and blades at levels 6 and 5? what armor pieces are you using? are the runics you're running fully upgraded?
    You can bump the difficulty up to Give Me God of War at any point. You cant, however pussy out of it. Once there you're stuck at that difficulty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can bump the difficulty up to Give Me God of War at any point. You cant, however pussy out of it. Once there you're stuck at that difficulty.
    ah, didnt know that

so like bb said, you can just create multiple saves at the sigrun point so you can try her out at both difficulties without needing to play through the full game on gmgow. thats pretty cool.

though id still highly recommend playing through on NG+

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i grew up playing consoles man, i only joined the master race within the last year, its all i know
    The controller itself is fine tbh.. it's just you have absolutely NO CHANCE against M&K players. Zero chance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this god of War talk is making me wanna play it again. Might as well try out New Game+ on Give me God of War.

I'm gonna give the Traveler's armor a good try since I have the whole set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this god of War talk is making me wanna play it again. Might as well try out New Game+ on Give me God of War.

i couldnt get enough of it. i had 2 consecutive playthroughs and probably would have given it yet another go if i didnt have such a backlog

travelers armor is ass. the funny thing is if you get the Travelers Armor + set and upgrade it all the way, you can trade it in and convert it for an enchantment that gives you the same perk and some nice stats. then its actually worth it. you can do that with the Travelers Armor, Tyr's Armor, and Ancients Armor (only if you have the + variants)

but its costly as to do. all the NG+ equipment requires a new source of currency to upgrade, Skap Slag, and its much more limited than hacksilver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    :anythingbutswitchisgay:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i couldnt get enough of it. i had 2 consecutive playthroughs and probably would have given it yet another go if i didnt have such a backlog

travelers armor is ass. the funny thing is if you get the Travelers Armor + set and upgrade it all the way, you can trade it in and convert it for an enchantment that gives you the same perk and some nice stats. then its actually worth it. you can do that with the Travelers Armor, Tyr's Armor, and Ancients Armor (only if you have the + variants)

but its costly as to do. all the NG+ equipment requires a new source of currency to upgrade, Skap Slag, and its much more limited than hacksilver.
    LOL

I figured it would at least deal heavy damage given the traveler's ridiculous movesets.

That's essentially what I did with the Ancient and Traveler's epic armors. I collected each resources for each one, made a save, sold all my armors for Hacksilver and then bought each of them. Rinse/repeat the process for each.

It's kind of a cheap way to get them but you still have to grind for it. It's one of the quickest way to get the trophy for each without wasting hours just for it.

I saw a video a few months ago with a guy using Zeus armor. looked badass as . I need to look into how to get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL

I figured it would at least deal heavy damage given the traveler's ridiculous movesets.

That's essentially what I did with the Ancient and Traveler's epic armors. I collected each resources for each one, made a save, sold all my armors for Hacksilver and then bought each of them. Rinse/repeat the process for each.

It's kind of a cheap way to get them but you still have to grind for it. It's one of the quickest way to get the trophy for each without wasting hours just for it.

I saw a video a few months ago with a guy using Zeus armor. looked badass as . I need to look into how to get it.
    i dont really care for trophy hunting. if i see that after a natural playthrough im pretty close to platinum, and the remaining trophies aren't just a useless grindfest, then yeah i'll go for it.

you get zeus armor from beating some of the valkyries on NG+. which basically means you'd need a 2nd NG+ playthrough to have a chance to really use the gear meaningfully. its the same thing with valkyrie armor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just play sekiro.

Entirley based on skills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just play sekiro.

Entirley based on skills
    So armor is just cosmetic like it is on Bloodborne?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So armor is just cosmetic like it is on Bloodborne?
    Sekiro doesnt even have armor

What matters most in sekiro is the skills you acquire and how you use them against certain enemies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really the most important stats in sekiro is your posture. You can increase your health too, but the game encourages aggresive play that your ability to inflict posture via attacks and perfect deflects is what matters the most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i had 2 playthroughs. first was give me a challenge, beat her there. it took me many tries, probably 3+ hours of attempts

then i started NG+ in GMGOW. beat her there too, but it took me a few days of attempts, no lie

NG+ ramps up the difficulty on top of GMGOW. she has different attacks (i havent played a regular NG GMGOW, only NG+, but from what i've read there is a further difficulty ramp on NG+). like for the valhalla jump/stomp... she doesnt just do 1 of them, or 3 of them. she'll do like 5-6 in a row, and not only that, but she'll randomly choose between the instant stomp or the muspelheim version where she drops a fire bomb first, delays, then stomps. so you might get fire delay - fire delay - instant - fire delay - instant or some random order/combo. also the ice shard attack becomes more difficult to manage.

overall i found NG+ GMGOW to be similar in difficulty to GMAC. you just have to adjust and play even more defensive, but your character is so strong by that point that it cancels out. the hardest part of the game, generally, was the first few hours because you have so few tools to work with, and NG+ changes that quite a bit. with the exception of the valkyries. there were a different animal on NG+.

i do plan on eventually going back for a regular GMGOW playthrough and experience the grind, but with the understanding that the valkyrie battles will likely be easier for me having already beaten the NG+ versions
    Damn I'd probably put a bullet in my PS4 if I fought Sigrun for 3 hours straight. First night I got to her I fought her twice and then said I'm done for the night. Yesterday probably fought her 20 times over three different rounds of fight, stop and do something else, come back an hour or two later, etc. After I got her to 5% and lost on something stupid (mistiming her valhalla jump) I was done for the night.

Might not even try her today. I think I'm going to finish the main story and then grind for materials in Muspelheim as well as finishing of Nilfheim today and come back to Sigrun a little stronger. Might experiment with a Cooldown + Luck build to see how well that works with Sindri's chest plate plus the valkyrie gear for wrist and waist like you recommended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I'd probably put a bullet in my PS4 if I fought Sigrun for 3 hours straight. First night I got to her I fought her twice and then said I'm done for the night. Yesterday probably fought her 20 times over three different rounds of fight, stop and do something else, come back an hour or two later, etc. After I got her to 5% and lost on something stupid (mistiming her valhalla jump) I was done for the night.

Might not even try her today. I think I'm going to finish the main story and then grind for materials in Muspelheim as well as finishing of Nilfheim today and come back to Sigrun a little stronger. Might experiment with a Cooldown + Luck build to see how well that works with Sindri's chest plate plus the valkyrie gear for wrist and waist like you recommended.
    UNWORTHY UNWORTHY

i cant let that be the last thing i hear before shutting off my console

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are highly encouraged to fight the valkyries after you beat the game.

You're most likely under leveled BB.

I didn't fight her until beating the game + doing all side missions. And even then I took myself to Muspenheim to get some goodies and .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i beat her after all side content, but before completing the full game. games feel better when the conclusion of the main quest/story is how you also finish your playthrough.

doing stuff like trophy hunting after the fact sorta kills it for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're petty underleveled. I beat her at level 8.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i beat her after all side content, but before completing the full game. games feel better when the conclusion of the main quest/story is how you also finish your playthrough.

doing stuff like trophy hunting after the fact sorta kills it for me.
    Did you go back home after beating it for the bonus ending?

And 100 percenting a game feels pretty damn good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you go back home after beating it for the bonus ending?
    yeah

And 100 percenting a game feels pretty damn good.
    sometimes, yeah. as long as its not overly tedious. Spider Man felt about right. red dead 2 is nuts, for instance. god of war in between

Thread Information